Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2022, 16:37   #3406
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
Awesome. The Jet looks as new as ever. That 'Spot the car' pic blew me away. I kept thinking what the photo was about till I saw the comment 'Spot the car'. I take pride in maintaining my shine but you have set a new benchmark!
45K km for Tjet is nothing. With that kind of running maybe you can keep it for 5 more years or till it lasts. I sold my 2nd Tjet at 73 km (it was picked up by another Bhpian), and the engine was performing as well as new. The only fly in the ointment is the lack of spare parts available now.
Good Luck.
Sorry, seemed to have missed your post.

Actually not running the car enough is a bigger problem than doing taxi km. Luckily for me, it's decided to mind it's manners and not give me hearburn. I know someone who's done close to 200k on his but is now looking to change.

Regular maintenance parts so far haven't been a problem. Can get them from 99rpm or Boodmo relatively quickly when required, but some of the imported stuff is BMW/Merc territory in pricing.
keroo1099 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 22:17   #3407

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrahlall View Post
I currently own a TJet 2014 and have done 1L+ so far and the car is still going strong. Have test driven many potential replacements but nothing worthwhile so far. Looking for suggestions for a good service centre in around Whitefield Bangalore that is trustworthy as I am looking for an alternative to the FASS that I have been going to so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Considering that you are in the Whitefield area, I have started using a FASS called Engineering Exponent on ITPL Main road and found them to be good. You can search and get their contact from GMaps. Hope this helps
Old 23rd November 2022, 12:58   #3408

Hi All,

I have liked Linea from the time it was launched in India and wanted to buy one around 2015, but I moved out of India for couple of year and priorities changed after birth of my 2nd kid.

Recently, I came across a Jan 2015 registered Fiat Linea 1.4L TJet Dynamic, it has done around 68K kms and asking price is around 3.3 lakhs. It looks clean, well maintained car.

I am fan of fiat's driving dynamics and handling, I have driven Linea of a friend long back and always desired to own one. I already have a Maruti Ritz ZXI (2010) done 1.65 lakh kms and running as good as new (my wife drives it now to her college) and 2018 Honda Amaze done 25k kms.

Would need suggestions from linea owners if it is a good idea to buy a 7 year old car when the company manufacturing it has left the country?
Old 23rd November 2022, 15:23   #3409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Jassi View Post
Would need suggestions from linea owners if it is a good idea to buy a 7 year old car when the company manufacturing it has left the country?
We have two Fiat Punto diesel with us that are now used sparingly, especially the older one with 1.5 lacs km on the odo. The service cost has gone up as price of most consumables/spare parts is increasing. With fewer cars, parts prices are bound to rise after all.

Fiats are excellent cars. They have an amazing feel that can not be matched by most cars in their respective segments. But, one needs to grow above sentiments for a brand that did not even compete for the market share, unlike VW/Skoda/Renault et al.

If you are ok with spending around 3.5 on a car without worrying about the subsequent resale, then you can consider buying this TJet. I’d recommend you to join a WhatsApp based Fiat owners group though so that your decision is an informed one. Most FIATians (myself included) these days get their cars serviced at FNGs. Our second Punto recently got a new Valeo clutch, meant for TATA cars as the Fiat one is too costly now.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 00:29   #3410
BHPian

Well, there is a T-JET listed on our classified. Looks beautiful, I had a word with the owner and it does sound like the car is very well maintained.
But a car that is almost 6 years old from a discontinued manufacturer and is a second owner car, is it worth 5 lakhs?

Also, I am not on the right thread but I have a related question:
the car is HR registered, I am a resident of Pune. Is getting NOC from Haryana RTO and transfer to Maharashtra the only option? And will that change the registration number too?
Old 1st December 2022, 14:59   #3411
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
I have successfully installed Sony AX-8100 in my FL 2015 MJD. Sourced a Connects2 interface along with the OEM fascia. Will post pictures in sometime. Only gripe is that the unit does not go in fully. Not intrusive by any means, but would have loved if it fit more snuggly.

I have another CAN BUS adapter I can give away with me. Please DM if needed.
Is the CAN BUS adapter that you have is Motorogue's interface? If yes I need it.
Old 4th December 2022, 22:19   #3412
BHPian

I sold 2 T-Jets so I can say with some confidence that the price quoted is too high. My First T-Jet had done 36k and was 4.5 years old in 2015 when I sold it for 5L. This was after waiting for months to get the right price. Fiat was very much present in our country then in fact they had launched the facelifted model only about a year back. Also, In Bangalore, the price of second-hand cars holds better value than say in Delhi/Mumbai. You would also need to get it to get registered in Pune after canceling the registration in HR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir333 View Post
Well, there is a T-JET listed on our classified. Looks beautiful, I had a word with the owner and it does sound like the car is very well maintained.
But a car that is almost 6 years old from a discontinued manufacturer and is a second owner car, is it worth 5 lakhs?

Also, I am not on the right thread but I have a related question:
the car is HR registered, I am a resident of Pune. Is getting NOC from Haryana RTO and transfer to Maharashtra the only option? And will that change the registration number too?
amit1agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2022, 11:00   #3413

One of my low beam head lamp bulbs conked off. I was going through the forum and saw recommendations that philips xtreme vision is the best replacement? Should I look at any other option?

And is the bulb easy to change for someone who's totally new to this stuff or should I take the bulb to the SC?
Old 5th January 2023, 01:55   #3414
BHPian

Happy New Year, dear sirs!

Completed 3 years of ownership of my BNW Linea Tjet in December last year. The car hasn't been driven much in the meantime. The odo sits at 25600 as I write this. I clocked a meagre 11K kms since i bought it in Dec 2019, which also involved a long on-road trip to Guwahati from Delhi in Dec 2020.

The car has been mostly problem-free, apart from two issues, which I will come to shortly.

As part of preventive maintenance, I got its suspension (all four), spark plugs, timing kit changed. Timely servicing has been done since I bought it.

Another update has been that I shifted my base from Delhi to Bangalore. I feel servicing the car in Bangalore has been a little easier than it was in Delhi. I think it's mainly due to availability of good FNGs and people still drive their old Fiats here. However, the roads in Bangalore have not been too kind to my Linea's suspension.

Now coming to the issues:

1. Of late, I have been noticing some mild vibration on the steering wheel. And the seats vibrate too or should I say keep buzzing slightly when the car is idling. My guess is, the engine mounts need a change. So would it be a good idea to get all of them changed (the A, B and C mounts, as the service guy says)? Or, which ones should I change?

2. Brake noise! The car has had this issue since day 1, though not as prominent as it is now. A little dab on the brake, and the squeaking starts. But if your drive a little aggressively and apply brakes, they don't make any noise. I got them checked at PPS Jeep and the service folks advised me to get the rotors and pads changed Only thing is, I got them changed when I bought my car in 2019. JK Automobiles, where I get it usually serviced, has not been able to detect the exact cause either. But they would do a quick service (clean the pads, apply Wurth brake cleaner etc) and the noise would be gone for a few days and be back again. So what could be the real cause?

Apart from these two issues, nothing else that I can really complain about the Linea Tjet. In Feb, it will turn 11 and the more I drive it, the more I want to keep it. I just hope I will be able to keep it in top shape. Here is a picture from today.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-20230104_161948.jpg  

meples is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 02:02   #3415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meples View Post
Happy New Year, dear sirs!

2. Brake noise! The car has had this issue since day 1, though not as prominent as it is now. A little dab on the brake, and the squeaking starts. But if your drive a little aggressively and apply brakes, they don't make any noise. I got them checked at PPS Jeep and the service folks advised me to get the rotors and pads changed Only thing is, I got them changed when I bought my car in 2019. JK Automobiles, where I get it usually serviced, has not been able to detect the exact cause either. But they would do a quick service (clean the pads, apply Wurth brake cleaner etc) and the noise would be gone for a few days and be back again. So what could be the real cause?
Heartiest congrats on your amazingly beautiful Linea and wishing you many more miles.

Regarding the brake noise, I would suggest you to try and change the pads and see if the noise is gone. I have an Altis and it's pads had plenty of life but made a great amount of squeal. It went away at higher speeds or in sudden braking but otherwise, it was terrible. My discs were recently skimmed and I got my brakes checked multiple times. All it required were a good set of new pads. Apparently, my old one was too hard or had some tiny metallic/ hard materials that made the noise. Found it hard to believe initially, but now, it's super silent. Hope it works. Even if it doesn't, you can always save the pads for later.
freakmuzik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 02:05   #3416
BHPian

And is the bulb easy to change for someone who's totally new to this stuff or should I take the bulb to the SC?[/quote]

Better get it done by a professional. The low beam bulb is kind of difficult to access, specially the left one. You don't have to necessarily take it to the service center. Just find a good mechanic and he will do it in 2 minutes.
Old 5th January 2023, 02:13   #3417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Heartiest congrats on your amazingly beautiful Linea and wishing you many more miles.

Regarding the brake noise, I would suggest you to try and change the pads and see if the noise is gone. I have an Altis and it's pads had plenty of life but made a great amount of squeal. It went away at higher speeds or in sudden braking but otherwise, it was terrible. My discs were recently skimmed and I got my brakes checked multiple times. All it required were a good set of new pads. Apparently, my old one was too hard or had some tiny metallic/ hard materials that made the noise. Found it hard to believe initially, but now, it's super silent. Hope it works. Even if it doesn't, you can always save the pads for later.
Thank you sir

Makes sense. To be honest, I have been a little confused about which brakes to go for. From what I read and understood, the Tjet's OEM set is the best. Only in my case it has been a little different.

It would be great if you can suggest a brand that would fit the Linea Tjet.

TIA
Old 5th January 2023, 09:35   #3418
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir

Makes sense. To be honest, I have been a little confused about which brakes to go for. From what I read and understood, the Tjet's OEM set is the best. Only in my case it has been a little different.

TIA
Funnily, even in my case, the OEMs are the one that made the noise and right now, I've installed a humble TVS-Apache kit and it's been good till now though I felt the bite was better with the OEM ones.

I'm quite unaware of the Linea in technical terms so I wish someone who knows about it helps you with it.

Cheers!
freakmuzik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 23:26   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
TIA

I will suggest to go with OEM ones. You can check the details at 99rpm.com or Boodmo. Since Linea Tjet's set up is all wheel disc, it has more probability of dust being stuck as compared to cars with only front wheel disc set up and hence more noise.

If there is no loss of braking efficiency and discs looks good enough, I will say to ignore noise and it will go on its own(my personal experience). Low usage is also the reason, since there will be some rust formation on disc which might create screeching noise.

Also, congratulations on completing a fuss free 3 years of ownership. Only one advice from my side - Drive more. These cars works best when driven and throw tantrums when treated as garage queen, again my personal experience
abhi_tjet is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 12:25   #3420
BHPian

Since a few months had noticed that my TJet's silencer was lower. Today when I was getting her washed, found out the reason - Broken Rubber Elastic Pads. it's completely broken at the driver's side and the passenger's side is counting its days. For now, used hose pipe clamps to hold the silencer. Need to order either from 99rpm or Boodmo

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-silencer_rubber.jpeg
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks