Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 18:20   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Over the last couple of years, the A.S.S has improved atleast 10 fold. I had a fantabulous experience with FIAT with my used Palio as well as my friend's Punto that I had for a few months. If there was any issue, a.S.S were proactive than reactive. I too had not expected it to be so good. I felt pretty delighted at the care I and my cars received.
I have met many people who are satisfied with Fiat's A.S.S. A handful who are not. My opinion is that it varies from dealer to dealer, location to location. You must be very lucky to get such good service. Yes It is definitely improving and I hope in future people will no longer talk about the horrible A.S.S it had 10 yrs ago.

But service comes second. 1st you have to deliver good products. Like the T-Jet.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:30   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post

My CAR! It's got to be a FIAT. Nothing else will do.
T-Jet, Set, Go.............!
Tuscan Wine is Beauty - Wow , What an Car. Can't take my sight out of it. Congrats EARTHed for your new acquisition.

Make sometime for yourself, tomorrow myself and funkykar will be outside your gate.

I am 100% confirmed that you won't get sleep tonight.

Last edited by GreenDay : 15th November 2010 at 18:32.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:33   #363
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarun View Post
TATA's are we going to see the some moves here, did i hear the engine may be available in Manza petrol?
If they have any such ideas, I hope they dont implement it for atleast 1-1.5 years to give the Linea TJet its own space for a while. I would foresee Fiat plonk the TJet on a Punto shortly.

OT:
Also, my wish list says, having such an engine with Palio + airbags + ABS would make the tank equipped with a bomber. Sadly, Palios are discontinued

EDIT: I agree every bit Oxyzen. Its just that a bad taste has been left by Fiat A.S.S long ago and people still perceive it to be bad. I am sure a huge chunk of people who have visited A.S.S are very happy about it.

Last edited by funkykar : 15th November 2010 at 18:37.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:34   #364
BANNED

Thank you guys for the comments. I will post a Initial experience report thread by tonight. Will post link here later.
Old 15th November 2010, 20:14   #365
Senior - BHPian

Hearty congratulations Earthed on the new arrival. Looking forward to your Initial experience report & ownership thread.
Old 15th November 2010, 20:22   #366
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Smashing picture of a truly impressive car, EARTHed! I hope my review was of help to you . Do share a highly detailed ownership report with us.

And yes, do drive safe!
Old 16th November 2010, 07:41   #367
BHPian

In the review of the Tjet, one of the things that GTO has mentioned is that the car needs to idle atleast 30-45 seconds efore switching off. I am finding it extremely tough to understand how to operationalise this. For instance, what happens when the car needs to e switched off at a traffic junction. Also does it require heating prior to starting off every time or only for a cold start ? any comments are appreciated.

cheers
Old 16th November 2010, 08:04   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
In the review of the Tjet, one of the things that GTO has mentioned is that the car needs to idle atleast 30-45 seconds efore switching off. I am finding it extremely tough to understand how to operationalise this. For instance, what happens when the car needs to e switched off at a traffic junction. Also does it require heating prior to starting off every time or only for a cold start ? any comments are appreciated.

cheers
Hi Vinay, what that statement translates to is that - you should not switch off the engine if you are at the traffic light for less than 90 seconds. That defeats the purpose of you trying to save the fuel, right?
Old 16th November 2010, 09:53   #369
Senior - BHPian

@EARTHed

My most heartiest, purest, honest Congratulations!

I completely share your feelings.

O M G! The picture is just fantastic dude.

I wish you all the happiest miles with this "Beauty and the Beast" combo.

P.S.: Please please correct me if I am wrong, but I couldn't see the 'T Jet' logo on the grill.
Old 16th November 2010, 09:55   #370
BHPian

The 30 sec idling of engine before start/stop is to ensure proper lubrication to the turbo -- don't skip this!

Quote:

cheers
Old 16th November 2010, 10:07   #371
BANNED

Last evening what I felt on the first drive: Bangalore's roads needs improvement! All roads now look narrow for the T-Jet. Added to the roads, my aged folks were with me in the car. They have no clue of the Turbo! So drove a bit sedately.

Dealer experience was satisfactory. The sales men were in normal dress and no separate decorated place for T-Jet in the showroom.

Plastics seem just fine. Not soft touch though as highly speculated. But finish and fit is flawless.

The Italian leather is good, but I love the normal fabric seats.

A/C cooling seemed ok and Bangalore is quite cold these days.

Fixing the high security number plates today.

Quite packed up with work. So I will post a thread sometime during weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
@EARTHed

P.S.: Please please correct me if I am wrong, but I couldn't see the 'T Jet' logo on the grill.
Thanks GTO and ajay!
Here are some more pics as I drove out of showroom!

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00124.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00110.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00121.jpg

Last edited by EARTHed : 16th November 2010 at 10:18.
Old 16th November 2010, 10:25   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

cheers
The turbo spins at very high rpms (in some cases it could be as high as 100K). As a result the oil circulating in the turbocharger is extremely hot. If you shut down the car immediately after coming to a hault, the oil flow across the turbocharger stops as well. This could result in oil coking due to extremely high temperatures of the turbocharger. Problems may occur when the oil drain tube becomes clogged with hardened oil that has gone from the extreme heat of the turbo to the cooler oil drain tube. When the oil drain tube becomes clogged, the oil builds up in the center housing, having no place to go, it pushes out the shaft seals and often creates an extremely smoky engine.
Old 16th November 2010, 11:07   #373
BHPian

I couldn't wait any longer and here are the first 2 pictures of my hiphop Tjet taken from my blackberry ! I would do a full fledged photo shoot later this weekend and share it with all. I also owe the forum a review which i would also start on my initial booking thread which is locked :(

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet_01.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet-o2.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 12:19   #374
Senior - BHPian

@vinay

Ohhhh...another stunner!!!

Nice pics Vinay. Please do post more photos, especially the interiors. Since the interiors are the most talked about, second only to the engine, i am curious to see the 'change' in the interiors.

Wishing you all the best with your 'Beauty & The Beast' combo!!

Drive Safe.
Old 16th November 2010, 12:27   #375
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Please do post more photos, especially the interiors. Since the interiors are the most talked about, second only to the engine, i am curious to see the 'change' in the interiors.
Let the pics describe the change!

Team Bhp mod - .anshuman's Punto pic.
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-pc255968.jpg

My Linea's T-JET plastics! Whatta difference.
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dsc00108.jpg

Last edited by EARTHed : 16th November 2010 at 12:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks