Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 13:23   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

@sugdas
The most important safety aspect of a car is not Airbags (like most people believe).
The most important is Brakes with ABS and coupled with good handling any car will be much safer than others with loads of safety features but precarious handling.
It is the active safety that comes first. (Handling & Braking) and it is where Linea excels.

One thing I don't understand how can your tires slide even when you have ABS?
Old 26th January 2011, 19:44   #527
Senior - BHPian

Now, time for JJ's kala ghoda.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-3.jpg  

Old 26th January 2011, 20:51   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
@sugdas
The most important safety aspect of a car is not Airbags (like most people believe).
The most important is Brakes with ABS and coupled with good handling any car will be much safer than others with loads of safety features but precarious handling.
It is the active safety that comes first. (Handling & Braking) and it is where Linea excels.

One thing I don't understand how can your tires slide even when you have ABS?
Well, my expr was truely like the car was sliding - but in a strt line. I guess, in case of ABS, the wheel is not supposed to get jammed dead, but it gets released and locked in frequency of milisecs and this might overall get you the sliding feeling.
Old 26th January 2011, 21:30   #529
Senior - BHPian

Pics of a newly acquired T-jet of my best friend nicknamed JJ.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-1.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-2.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-4.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-5.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-6.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-7.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-8.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-9.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-z-10.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-dscn1864.jpg  

Old 26th January 2011, 21:35   #530
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i have driven many MJD and 90HP lineas so far. it is an excellent car in terms of looks, elegance, space, comfort, handling and Brand name, but today i saw a different face of linea. Prerana motors -Bangalore offered me a Test drive of their latest Linea. after i drove it for few kms, i got down to see is that a car or something else. It was Rocket. I am a Proud owner of Fiat and Audi cars, so far driven many cars and never ever seen such a Rocket car in just around 10lakhs. amazing handling, i used to take sharp turns at the speed of 100+ in city. being a legal car racer. i admire the car very much and love to own one soon.
Old 26th January 2011, 21:51   #531
Senior - BHPian

^ Fiat 1100 Club Bangalore had a meet today at Cubbon Park. Prerana motors, lalbagh road offered to offer TDs of TJet and the Punto MJD for Fiat club members. Over 10 people test drove the TJet, I cant forget the expression their faces held after the drove. Priceless!

My experience was a bit different. I have already test driven the Tjet few times before. I know the TJet very well. I also know how well and fast Karthik1100 drives, especially due to his rallying background.

When I got to know Karthik1100 would be test driving from another member, I ran and hopped into the TJet with karthik1100 at the drivers seat. The TJet and Karthik1100 put together, I couldnt even imaging what the experience would feel like. The guy from Prerana motors was sitting behind. We all were looking for seat belts and with a bit of nervous faces. The sales guy then asked karthik if knew to drive. I instantly replied, wait 10 seconds and see. Karthik1100 floored the pedal in first gear enough to cause a bit of wheel spin and scare a few on lookers.

Note from Team-BHP Support : While there is no rule. It's best we don't talk about speeding on city roads. Thanks for your understanding

Last edited by mobike008 : 27th January 2011 at 19:12.
Old 26th January 2011, 22:11   #532
BHPian

Sidindica, I need to thank you a million times for sharing some drool worthy pictures with us.

Did you friend allow you to push 'her' to the limits? If not, grab the keys, take the car for a spin, click lots of pics and share your driving impressions with us
Old 27th January 2011, 17:33   #533
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
we had discussions in this forum about the Linea going to be available in dualogic (clutch-less) transmission
A dualogic transmission will add atleast 1 lakh rupees to the price of the car. The market won't accept a Linea that's priced so high.

Quote:
So true. ABS, a well-sorted chassis and good grip levels will help you avoid the accident in the first place. I must add, that nut behind the wheel (i.e. driver) is probably the most important safety device in a car.
Old 27th January 2011, 17:37   #534
Senior - BHPian

That black car was photographed in Ranchi, Jharkhand and is probably the first T-jet in that area. Pics recd via e-mail. No, I didn't drive it.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:06   #535
BHPian

Took the Linea Turbojet for a short spin yesterday around Cubbon park area since FIAT was offering Test Drives to Fiat Classic Club members.

The Turbojet is an exhilarating machine to drive superb handling, awesome braking and the icing on the cake is that stonking engine

Hope that one day I can afford to have a Linea Turbojet and the yet to be launched 1.6 Multijet in my garage
Old 27th January 2011, 18:29   #536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
... I must add, that nut behind the wheel (i.e. driver) is probably the most important safety device in a car.
Right GTO. I am not an extraordinarily brave guy, but somehow could hold my guts right through those crucial 2 secs. JIT reflex and cool nerves. Crisis does make a man more efficient and i did experience it well.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:31   #537
Senior - BHPian

That 1598 cc MJD may make 105 hp@4000 rpm, granted. But when it comes to 29.5 kg-m torque@1500 rpm, that's where this engine will shine. Best in class torque from both petrol and 1.6 MJD.
It will easily get best in class in gear acceleration and there, the RB Verna can be demolished if any comparo is done.
The old 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 MJD ought to be discontinued. What better way to differentiate your product from the manza elan?

Last edited by sidindica : 27th January 2011 at 18:33.
Old 27th January 2011, 20:10   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
That 1598 cc MJD may make 105 hp@4000 rpm, granted. But when it comes to 29.5 kg-m torque@1500 rpm, that's where this engine will shine. Best in class torque from both petrol and 1.6 MJD.
It will easily get best in class in gear acceleration and there, the RB Verna can be demolished if any comparo is done.
The old 1.4 FIRE and 1.3 MJD ought to be discontinued. What better way to differentiate your product from the manza elan?
Any Idea when this will get launched?
I am ready to cancel my Vento TDI HL booking if the 1.6 Mjet is coming soon.
Old 27th January 2011, 20:22   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any Idea when this will get launched?
I am ready to cancel my Vento TDI HL booking if the 1.6 Mjet is coming soon.
That's the sad part. Speculation was rife that the 1.6 MJet would get launched in 2009, but that was not to happen & we got the T-Jet instead. There were lot of opinions expressed (Refer the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...6-soon-18.html ) but finally this thread was closed temporarily by the mods in Oct 2009, when they got the confirmed news that T-Jet is being launched in India & there is no news on the 1.6 MJet.

Please have a look at the mouthwatering specs of 1.6 MJet fitted in the Bravo.

Fiat Bravo: All the strengths of the new 1.6 Multijet 16v engine

The T-jet body with a 1.6 MJet heart is my dream machine. Hopefully this year at least my dream comes true.
Old 28th January 2011, 13:19   #540
BHPian

With sx4 getting the 90 hp vgt engine and vento diesel sales, Linea needs the 1.6 MJD to differentiate from SX4 and Manza and compete with Vento. If fiat doesn't come out with the 1.6 MJD now, sales will go down even further in Feb.

~Manoj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks