Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2011, 17:10   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

IMO you should ask for a new car. WTH! How can someone accept a 10 lac+ car with so many damages.

And about confirming whether you really got a new car, well there are many ways to check that. One factor is the VIN. There is a thread to find out the VIN of your car.

I would say you should write a strong mail to Fiat Manager and ask for a replacement rather than repairs.
Old 1st March 2011, 17:19   #602
BHPian

HI Ajay!
did all that. Can only wait and watch.
This was the reason why i could not attend the Tapri meet.
Old 1st March 2011, 17:38   #603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
ALRIGHT!
Now that i have the time and inclination i have a tale to relate.
I took delivery of a Bronzo Scuro on 25th Feb in Pune. We noticed a discoloration on drivers door, front passenger door misaligned, dent on the same - a weird dent or a a vertical linear dimple.

Quote:
But the issue is all the monies have been paid!
What Do i Do?
Didn't you do a PDI before delivery? Its sad to know that the money has been paid and getting a replacement for a registered car is difficult unless you would have pointed these errors out and refused delivery.

How much ever I love the Linea T-Jet, I am running away from it. I wish your problems are solved. Do launch a complaint on their website.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:01   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
ALRIGHT!
Now that i have the time and inclination i have a tale to relate.
I took delivery of a Bronzo Scuro on 25th Feb in Pune. We noticed a discoloration on drivers door, front passenger door misaligned, dent on the same - a weird dent or a a vertical linear dimple.
The guys tried to resolve it but it only became worse. The door would open only with a loud, really loud snap!
They then decided to send their car to the Satara road showroom.
Was supposed to get it today, Tuesday.
Now they say there is a paint job in the offing, the paint/shade is not available.
Now am i supposed to take a brand new car with a paint job done?
I need help guys!!!
I have refused and told them that i will only take it if they replace the door.
But the issue is all the monies have been paid!
What Do i Do?
You got to simply reject the car and ask for new one. I hope you haven't given go ahead for RTO registration.

Its your hard earned money you are putting, you deserve a showroom piece. Even while purchasing vegetables we select good ones, this one is a car worth lakhs for God's sake.

Looks like damages done at dealer's end.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:21   #605
BHPian

PDI didnt show anything... all the boxes were ticked.
And the RTO registration is already done.
I spoke to some regional customer care chief of FIAT - he made all the right noises. He said he will come to the showroom tomorrow and have a look see. And he replied in the affirmative that the door should be replaced, he will show it to his production team and all that. Will go to the showroom at noon tomorrow. Fingers are so crossed, right now they are knotted!
Till now everybody concerned is nice, helpful and courteous, hopefully this will all end with a smile.
I will pm the big guy's nosif anybody has issues with FIAT.
Old 1st March 2011, 19:00   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Finall drove this car yesterday. Did 100+ km in my friend's TJet over highways and city-like traffic equally, when he drive my Vento AT.

Quote:
A few observations (Linea TJet vs Vento AT)
  • For sheer driving pleasure, there is no comparison even. The TJet's turbocharged petrol engine pulls and pulls in 5th gear, while my baby is much more sedate. I left my own car choking far behind in the dust!
  • Ride and handling, I rate the Vento higher, though not by much. It feels more planted somehow and shocks are absorbed better. But the Linea has 205 tyres standard to Vento's 185 which is a different feeling totally.
  • Interiors wise the TJet isn't bad at all, though the silver finish on the ICE is not one I like- for some reason it made me want to wipe it with a clean moist cloth. Also, shiny-shiny plastics and a very dark shade of beige on the side doors left me cold. But Fiat flashiness (versus VW understatedness) grows on one!
  • Ergonomicaly VW has done everything right. Except that monstrous handbrake positioning under the front armrest, that is! The Linea's ergs are all screwed up: opening the front window one needs to strettttch the arm a good way, for example. And the dead pedal feels weird- not enough of a gap between that and the clutch and I had to improvise a new way of raising my foot to depress the clutch. Also, I couldn't reach the ICE volume knob with my left hand and was being smug about this till I realised I'd forgotten about the...
  • STEERING MOUNTED ICE CONTROLS- Whoa, awesome! I loved that the "mute" button needs to be pressed firmer than the rest to prevent accidental muting. Now I know what I am missing in my Vento- but just heard that the next version planned by VW has this feature, which is good for the car if not for me!
  • Gearshift of the Linea is not that great: felt rubbery and long throws put me off. A slick, short-throw box is what this car is crying for.
  • FE is lower than what my Vento offers which is not that surprising now that I have driven it myself. This trip alone I got 12.7 kmpl. My friend says he is hard pressed to get 10.
  • It's apparent Fiat has built this car for the enthusiast and I would have no hesitation in recommending one to anyone who genuinely loves driving.
Old 2nd March 2011, 12:19   #607
BHPian

Could not find any relevant posts in this thread on this subject: Has anyone gone CNG with the TJet+ ? I really want to as this will make it my ideal city + highway car. Advice please.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:01   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrena View Post
Could not find any relevant posts in this thread on this subject: Has anyone gone CNG with the TJet+ ? I really want to as this will make it my ideal city + highway car. Advice please.
CNG and TJet? Why would you do that? If I were to own a TJet, I would be looking to even better the power (greed) by some means like FFE and so on. If you are looking at CNG for economy, TJet may not be the car for you.
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:17   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't fitting a CNG kit in Linea T-Jet void the warranty?

If you're very interested in buying a car with CNG, you should consider the Maruti SX4 1.6 VVT CNG.

Else, you can consider the VW Vento 1.6 TDi
Old 2nd March 2011, 13:18   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As klub klass suggested in the above post, if you want a CNG Car, pick up the SX4 with the factory fitted kit.

I am not sure about the CNG kits available for T-Jet. The maximum range of CNG won't be more than 150-200kms(Even lower sometimes depending on FE), i am sure you will be using Petrol for your highway runs.

I had CNG fitted on my Hyundai Accent, the lack of range meant i was found queuing at CNG stations. Believe me CNG is not fuel for us enthusiasts, an aftermarket kit will ruin the FTD factor of T-Jet. Search for my CNG thread.

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd March 2011 at 13:22.
Old 3rd March 2011, 11:23   #611
BHPian

@noopster - good honest comparo.

I own a MJD and do agree that the ergonomics are screwed up especially the pedal positions. Rest one can live with as one doesn't need to open windows often (I don't recall when I did last).

Fit finish are still a sore point and till date I cannot understand why Fiat is not able to provide a well fitting fuel flap which closes with a thunk like the rest of the car or beadings that don't come off or a glove box which closes tightly.

I had a Palio for 6 years and was way ahead in fit finish and plastic quality.

Inspite of all this I still love my car and have done 6700 kms in 2 1/2 months. Has given me an overall average of 16 kpl (50% mumbai traffic and 50% eway) as I work in Mumbai and in Pune on weekends.
Old 4th March 2011, 17:04   #612

Maybe but since I'm only posting for the 2nd time I was confused as to where this query should go.

I'm being offered a pretty good deal on the 2010 TJet. Wanted to know from the folks here about the following:

1. Should I be buying a 2010 model at all? Since the car has been launched less than a year back I am tempted to go for it but have no clue as to what the pitfalls may be.

2. Are there any improvements in the 2011 over the previous year's model? Like are there fewer problems so far as alignment issues in the fittings and other niggling problems are concerned?

Help
Old 4th March 2011, 17:27   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuergeist View Post
Maybe but since I'm only posting for the 2nd time I was confused as to where this query should go.

I'm being offered a pretty good deal on the 2010 TJet. Wanted to know from the folks here about the following:

1. Should I be buying a 2010 model at all? Since the car has been launched less than a year back I am tempted to go for it but have no clue as to what the pitfalls may be.

2. Are there any improvements in the 2011 over the previous year's model? Like are there fewer problems so far as alignment issues in the fittings and other niggling problems are concerned?

Help
If its a real good deal for 2010, the team-bhp check list is a pass and you dont intend to sell the Jet within 3-4 years, you should go for it. Small niggling issues may or may not be there. Its not specific to the model
Old 4th March 2011, 17:29   #614
BHPian

there are no changes between 2010 and 2011 models.

2010 is also oct launched. so it will be sept, oct or nov manufactured.
Old 4th March 2011, 18:57   #615

Thanks funkykar and madhukar_n. Will be visiting FIAT and Ford (Fiesta 1.6 Petrol is the other woman ) showrooms tomorrow with parents to take a final call based on which car they like best. Keeping my fingers crossed in favour of the Italian beauty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks