Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 14:20   #676
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I have been facing the 'squealing' (or whistling, as I'd like to call it) problem in the brakes of my TJet+. I noticed this right from the first few kms, and thought it's because the brakes are new. However, having clocked 1100 kms as of today, I still hear the sound, especially in bumper to bumper traffic, and when speeds are low.

What is the cause and solution for the same?
I assume you have got yourself a T-Jet+. Which color ?
I have finished 15K kms on my T-Jet+. I have not encountered the squealing noise in the break. but there is a noise when i break the car to stop it completely. it happens sometimes.. not always.

apart from that i have a few rattling issues. also check the right camber.. if there is any tilt in the steering or the it leans left. i have this problem from the day i got the car. will need to check it now.
Old 29th October 2011, 20:39   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
+1 to this. This idling before/after a drive is all about the maintenance required. I don't think there is any difference in servicing costs of the turbo variant with the NA variant.
I am wondering if this idle procedure to save the turbo in the long run is required at all for this car. Take a look at your engine or an image of the T Jet engine. I noticed this just today after reading this thread a million times. Notice the narrower rubber pipe exiting the coolant tank located in front. As soon as it exits, there is a split and another pipe runs to what looks like the turbo charger. Is this a method to cool the turbo using the engine coolant? If it is, then this is a similar approach that VW use to keep the turbo temperature down.

Last edited by .anshuman : 29th October 2011 at 21:08. Reason: Quote tags fixed. Thanks
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2011, 21:16   #678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Goodyear tyres have their plus points. They are a very high puncture resistance and high durability. In our Punto, even after 20k kms, not a single puncture and the tyre is still practically as good as new. I wouldn't be surprised if it lasts beyond 50k kms.

The worse point is noise, these tyres are extremely loud. Its almost irritating to drive over 80kmph with the window rolled down. Grip levels are not exactly the best, and she squeels quite a lot, but I cant say that the Acceleres are any better in this regard as I have not tried them out in a similar car or size.
Goodyear GT3 deteriorate with age, i have seen not only high noise but also deformation in many cases causing wobbling. The grip levels are strictly average, they perform well in Punto because the 195 section tires are more than adequate for the kind performance Punto can manage. In comparison i'd rate the Apollo Acelere much better(I have used both these tires earlier for extended periods).

T-Jet in comparison is a much faster car which can do serious speeds when pushed, i recommend a upgrade to better quality rubber at the time of purchase.
Old 29th October 2011, 22:00   #679
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the GT3s are that durable.

I have 30K km on my Punto MJD E+, and the tyres have worn out - might last just around 10K km more - maybe even less. I drive on good roads. Noise is definitely on the higher side for the GT3s.
Old 30th October 2011, 20:44   #680
BHPian

Goodyear tyres are not that good IMO. I just replaced them in my linea MJD at 35000 kms. Hell of a noise they create above 90 and to add to that wobbling had also started. so i thought it best to replace them with Michelin primacy LC. They are a lot lot quieter and smoother.
Old 3rd November 2011, 16:40   #681
An1
BHPian

Had to get the stock GoodYear tyre replaced in my Linea MJD too. It's just over a year that I bought the car, and total kms clocked are approx. 25000 Kms. Not Good..not good !!!

The front LHS tyre had become deformed and was bulging out a bit. Took the car for alignment and balancing, where I was told that the tyre will have to be changed.
As the time elapsed was over an year, had to pay INR 1980 (44% of the cost of the tyre) for the usage to be replaced by a new tyre.

I remember my Indica doing over 60,000+ Kms on Apollo tyres without any problem.. after which I got them changed to Michelins.
Old 3rd November 2011, 17:54   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by An1 View Post
Had to get the stock GoodYear tyre replaced in my Linea MJD too. It's just over a year that I bought the car, and total kms clocked are approx. 25000 Kms. Not Good..not good !!!
Surely this seems to be a case of premature wear.

Quote:
The front LHS tyre had become deformed and was bulging out a bit. Took the car for alignment and balancing, where I was told that the tyre will have to be changed. As the time elapsed was over an year, had to pay INR 1980 (44% of the cost of the tyre) for the usage to be replaced by a new tyre.
Good that you replaced the tyre.

Quote:
I remember my Indica doing over 60,000+ Kms on Apollo tyres without any problem.. after which I got them changed to Michelins.
I replaced my factory fitted Bridgestones on my Indica after they had run 62+K kms. The replacement tyres were Michelins on which I have covered 39+K kms & can still go for another 20-25K.
Old 16th November 2011, 21:54   #683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
When the Linea is idling with both fans running (radiator & air-conditioner), man, its L-O-U-D. On the outside as well as inside. Remember ‘em Palios
This is interesting. I could not find 2 fans under the engine hood when I checked. There was only 1 cooling fan. I was looking at a T Jet engine bay.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 22:13   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This is interesting. I could not find 2 fans under the engine hood when I checked. There was only 1 cooling fan. I was looking at a T Jet engine bay.
there were never 2 fans in lineas. the same fan has 2 step speed motor.

on speed 1 there is hardly any noise, but with speed 2 the speed is so high that it sounds like a mini helicopter
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 23:47   #685
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this Amazing video on Linea. Don't know where to post it. So posting it here .

Last edited by bblost : 27th November 2011 at 23:58. Reason: Embedded the video in the post. Thanks.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2011, 09:51   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda
Just came across this Amazing video on Linea. Don't know where to post it. So posting it here .
Beautiful video! Wish there was something like this made for India on the Sea Link. :-)

Last edited by GTO : 29th November 2011 at 14:11. Reason: Removing video from the quoted post. It can inconvenience our mobile users. Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 17:59   #687
mxx
BHPian

Hey guys, few days back I came across an ad(online) which said something like
Rs 1,30,000 benefits on T-Jet plus.
Any idea how much total discounts are there for t-jet currently?
Old 14th December 2011, 19:59   #688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
The last I checked it was in the range of 1.3 L, Mumbai. (2 weeks ago)

75 K Gift Cheque

1st year insurance free - 28k?

Corporate discount: 25 K
Old 14th December 2011, 22:35   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
The last I checked it was in the range of 1.3 L, Mumbai. (2 weeks ago)

75 K Gift Cheque

1st year insurance free - 28k?

Corporate discount: 25 K
This is the latest offer
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-fiat-corporate-emailer-december-petrol-campaign-artwork-2-2-dec.jpg
nishantgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2011, 23:14   #690
BHPian

This is a great value proposition. A brilliant drivers car packed to the hilt at an attractive pricepoint. Man, am tempted. If at all i can get over my Tsi craze.

Last edited by mnemonic : 14th December 2011 at 23:15. Reason: Construction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks