Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 11:54   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogidada View Post
Mulled over it for few days and decided you only live once and took the plunge!
Congratulations on your latest possession!!!
You forgot to mention the colour. Its a wise decision you took. Considering the discount you've got and comparing the features and price of the nearest competitors, you'll realise that you're running the car for free (incl petrol expenses) for almost two years. What more does one want?
Old 14th June 2012, 13:50   #842
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Just booked a T-Jet + at Pandit Auto. I was told it was the last in their stock. Fiat is currently offering 1.15l cash discount, 1l exchange bonus, free first year insurance, free RSA for 50 months and 4k corporate discount. Car is Mar 2011 vintage . Mulled over it for few days and decided you only live once and took the plunge!
Congratulations @jogidada. I was not aware that T-Jet+ is also available with these discounts. Somehow these models have always been confusing for me.
But, congratulations!
Did you get the delivery?
Old 15th June 2012, 14:23   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Congratulations @jogidada. I was not aware that T-Jet+ is also available with these discounts. Somehow these models have always been confusing for me.
But, congratulations!
I try to clear the confusion:
Fiat Linea (Petrol) 2012
Base Variant - Active
Top Variant - Dynamic

Fiat Linea (Diesel) 2012
Base Variant - Active
Middle Variant - Dynamic
Top Variant - Emotion

Fiat Linea T-Jet (Petrol) NOT 2012 (as not yet announced)
one will get 2010 and 2011 June or before manufactured cars (since Jun'11 No production of T-Jets)
Base Variant - T-Jet
Top Variant - T Jet+
T-Jet have same engine as Linea Petrol plus Turbocharger.
They are Petrol models priced higher than Diesel (not 2012 ones) and hence not succeeded and now being sold at massive discounts.
Link for pricing:
http://www.carwale.com/research/fiat-cars/linea/

Last edited by carwatcher : 15th June 2012 at 14:27.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 20:10   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Cool. Can you share the breakup and exact on road price you getting for your vehicle? I heard 8l on road as the price in Pune from pandit auto. What is the tax component, ex showroom.
Here you go:
Ex showroom 9,29,525
Insurance 27,522
Reg 84,382
Ext warranty 5,400
Other charges 5,500
Total 10,52,329
Less
Insurance 27,522
Cash Discount 1,15,000
Exchange Bonus 1,00,000
NET 8,09,807
I lost out on Corp discount of 4,000 as I am taking the car on my wife's name for depreciation. I forgot to negotiate on the 'other charges' as I was busy picking my tongue off the floor after the test drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Congratulations on your latest possession!!!
You forgot to mention the colour. Its a wise decision you took. Considering the discount you've got and comparing the features and price of the nearest competitors, you'll realise that you're running the car for free (incl petrol expenses) for almost two years. What more does one want?
Thanks Carwatcher! I have booked white colour. Not sure about the name of the colour but its the proper white and not the ivory white that I have seen on other Lineas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
But, congratulations!
Thanks S_U_N! Delivery will be next Sunday as the HDFC folks are taking their own sweet time in getting the paperwork done. Cant wait to get my hands on her...
Old 16th June 2012, 20:41   #845
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Carwatcher! I have booked white colour. Not sure about the name of the colour but its the proper white and not the ivory white that I have seen on other Lineas.
Congrats on the car jogidada! Enjoy flying the Jet! Amazing deal you have got there. By the way, there is only 1 white colour on all Lineas and that is Bossa Nova White. Perhaps you saw your car in bright sunlight / under white light to get that illusion .

You and S_U_N seem to have the same avatar photos. I suddenly got confused how come the same person is asking questions about the models and also giving details on the booking at the same time.

Last edited by KarthikK : 16th June 2012 at 20:50.
Old 16th June 2012, 22:19   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
By the way, there is only 1 white colour on all Lineas and that is Bossa Nova White. Perhaps you saw your car in bright sunlight / under white light to get that illusion
No KarthikK, he is right. I have noticed the difference with my own eyes. Infact, in my ownership thread, I have mentioned that one BN White Linea was parked in front of my balcony window for 3 days. The colour was definitely not "pure" white as my T Jet's one. It is kind of pearl white available in Toyota Corolla Altis.
Even the sales representative also mentioned that there are two different shades in BN White and both didn't co-exist at the same time. If you notice Maruti has this habit of launching slight variations in single colour which is not easy to judge. For eg. one was Moonbeam silver and other was Quicksilver, the yellow in Zen was different from yellow introduced in 800.
Old 16th June 2012, 23:39   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No KarthikK, he is right. I have noticed the difference with my own eyes. Infact, in my ownership thread, I have mentioned that one BN White Linea was parked in front of my balcony window for 3 days. The colour was definitely not "pure" white as my T Jet's one. It is kind of pearl white available in Toyota Corolla Altis.
Even the sales representative also mentioned that there are two different shades in BN White and both didn't co-exist at the same time. If you notice Maruti has this habit of launching slight variations in single colour which is not easy to judge. For eg. one was Moonbeam silver and other was Quicksilver, the yellow in Zen was different from yellow introduced in 800.
Quote:
Congrats on the car jogidada! Enjoy flying the Jet! Amazing deal you have got there. By the way, there is only 1 white colour on all Lineas and that is Bossa Nova White. Perhaps you saw your car in bright sunlight / under white light to get that illusion .
There are two shades of white on the Linea. One is 'Vocal White' and the other is 'Bossa Nova White'. Vocal White is like milky white/pure white and BNW is kind of Ivory white/Off White.
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 18:07   #848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You and S_U_N seem to have the same avatar photos. I suddenly got confused how come the same person is asking questions about the models and also giving details on the booking at the same time.
Well, I was confused too, when I saw the avatar.

Quote:
Here you go:

NET 8,09,807

Thanks S_U_N! Delivery will be next Sunday as the HDFC folks are taking their own sweet time in getting the paperwork done. Cant wait to get my hands on her...
Do post an ownership thread soon. BTW: Have you done a thorough PDI?
Old 17th June 2012, 18:45   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N

Do post an ownership thread soon. BTW: Have you done a thorough PDI?
Well, to be honest it was the only TJet+ left in Pune so it was basically a take it or leave it kind of scenario. I managed a quick visit to the stockyard. Few things I observed:
1. The paint was visually perfect on close inspection. Absolutely no blemishes, scratches and the like
2. Panel gaps were consistent and alignment was ok.
3. Engine bay was clean.
4. Tyres were looking brand new - gave me comfort that it was not driven about previously. ODO reading was 100 approx
5. The interiors had some dust - explanation given was that the windows were rolled down from time to time as there were instances of glass bursting in the summer. Did not buy that story. Pandit Auto has promised to clean the interiors to showroom condition
6. Verified the VIN - month of manufacture was as per the dealer's claim.
7. No rust was visible. Peeled back some of the door rubber strips to check.

Hope I have not missed something major. Few items I know I missed negotiating:

1. New battery as the car has been standing for more than one year
2. Oil change
3. Handling charges of 5500 mentioned in the quotation.

Any advice on the above 3 is welcome!
Old 17th June 2012, 18:55   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
There are two shades of white on the Linea. One is 'Vocal White' and the other is 'Bossa Nova White'. Vocal White is like milky white/pure white and BNW is kind of Ivory white/Off White.
Thanks. This was news to me (shade name).
But IMO BNW is Milky/Pure White and VW is Ivory/Pearl White and not vice versa as you mentioned.
Even my car shade (pure white) is referred as BN White my manufacturer.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1385710
Old 17th June 2012, 20:30   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. This was news to me (shade name).
But IMO BNW is Milky/Pure White and VW is Ivory/Pearl White and not vice versa as you mentioned.
Even my car shade (pure white) is referred as BN White my manufacturer.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1385710
Exactly. Thanks for pointing it out.

Vocal White is the metallic white(Like the pearl white in Manza/Corolla) and BNW is the pure white. Cheers!

Wish FIAT still had Vocal White, Electric Blue and Bronzo Scuro on their color pallete!
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 22:54   #852
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Hope I have not missed something major. Few items I know I missed negotiating:

1. New battery as the car has been standing for more than one year
2. Oil change
3. Handling charges of 5500 mentioned in the quotation.

Any advice on the above 3 is welcome!
You have covered most of the stuff already.

Yep I belive you can insist on a new battery and the dealer should oblige. The same would be true for the engine oil though frankly that should not make too much of a difference, just have the level checked, and get it changed a bit earlier than when it due to be changed first up.

Handling charges are more or less margin money for the dealer and you could let him keep it - not that he is likely to budge right now.

Suggest you ask for a free teflon or polish since you are taking delivery of a car that has been baking in the the sun for a year in the monsoon.

The tyres being a bit old and stationary for more than a year is not good so if you have plans for an upsize or brand change that would be good to do right of the blocks.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 19:33   #853
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
thanks for pointing out this fact, both of you
I never knew about this. By the way, why does the website not list vocal white as a colour? I have never ever seen it on brochures/official website either. Were they marketing both as 'Bossa Nova White'?? Really weird to hear of this variation.

@carwatcher - can you share some picture of your car in sunlight? I am curious to see what is this variation. There is a white (creamish shade) linea near my house which I thought was BNW. I'll take a snap of that when I pass by sometime and compare side by side .

Also, one more doubt - is this solid, non-pearl-finish white only available in t-Jets? Reason I ask this is because the creamish one I see near my house is the older emotion model.

I remember when booking my t-jet, black and white were listed as non-premium colours and the others like tuscan wine, fox trot azure and sunbeam beige were marked as premium, I think those costed 5-6k more than non-premium colors as well.

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th June 2012 at 19:44.
Old 19th June 2012, 20:16   #854
BHPian

Quote:
thanks for pointing out this fact, both of you I never knew about this. By the way, why does the website not list vocal white as a colour? I have never ever seen it on brochures/official website either. Were they marketing both as 'Bossa Nova White'?? Really weird to hear of this variation,
This color was discontinued in Nov 2009. There was never any complaint but there was some problem in paint bonding (Whatever that means) and Fiat rectified it. Vocal White was stopped and BNW was introduced. You can check my Linea here 2009 Linea 1.4 E+ - NutsNBolts's Garage - Team-BHP
NutsNBolts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 20:28   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, to be honest it was the only TJet+ left in Pune so it was basically a take it or leave it kind of scenario. I managed a quick visit to the stockyard.
Congrats jogidada, please attend the next tapri meet It has been a long time since we met you last. If you forget which loud one I was, I was the one with the Nano

I dont intend to steal your thunder, but I got an offer on 14th, last Thursday for the 'last' Linea of 30 that Pandit Auto had. Same offer as you have mentioned in detail. I hope they are not pulling the 'last' one funda to push sales.

Not that it really matters to you. You now have a fabulous car.
The only reason I had to let go was that when any of us (except my son) sat in the rear seat our heads hit the roof. We must have really tall heads. Almost cried while walking away. Darn, there is no emoticon for that.

Wish you many a safe mile ahead!

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th June 2012 at 20:29.

Most Viewed