Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 06:49   #856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive

Congrats jogidada, please attend the next tapri meet It has been a long time since we met you last. If you forget which loud one I was, I was the one with the Nano

I dont intend to steal your thunder, but I got an offer on 14th, last Thursday for the 'last' Linea of 30 that Pandit Auto had. Same offer as you have mentioned in detail. I hope they are not pulling the 'last' one funda to push sales.

Not that it really matters to you. You now have a fabulous car.
The only reason I had to let go was that when any of us (except my son) sat in the rear seat our heads hit the roof. We must have really tall heads. Almost cried while walking away. Darn, there is no emoticon for that.

Wish you many a safe mile ahead!
Let me assure you, I have not forgotten the late night Nano test drive at Garden Court . We're they offering you a TJet+ on 14? If so, there are a few more lying around and I hope some of us can still go and grab this offer.
I know about the low roof line and I am going to stay away from the backseat as much as possible. My driver is rubbing his hands with glee thinking he is going to drive me around in the TJet. Little does he know that he is about to be demoted to the Santro for my office trips!
jogidada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:13   #857
BHPian

Update from Pandit Auto is that there are 2 more TJets available at the Fiat plant - a light blue and black colour. Just in case any one is willing to take the plunge
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:21   #858
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Jogidada: check your inbox for pm. Need your help man. Have almost decided to take the plunge.
Old 22nd June 2012, 20:02   #859
BHPian

If anyone Seriously considering buying T Jet do let me know even dealer in Kalyan is having 2-3 T Jets in Stock.Also they have 3 Linea1.3 D Emotion Packs
in Stock with good discounts, really tempting offers.

Last edited by parimal_g : 22nd June 2012 at 20:03.
Old 25th June 2012, 18:43   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Jogidada: check your inbox for pm. Need your help man. Have almost decided to take the plunge.
Hey Nitin,

Sorry about yesterday, I left early so couldn't offer you a drive on Crusoe (My T-jet) . Let me know whenever you come to Noida next time. Being a Newbie, I can't send you a PM so please PM your number.

Cheers,
Biraj
Old 25th June 2012, 22:52   #861
BHPian

Good to see so many people writing about the T-Jet!

My car is due for its first service. Can the experience T-Jet-Setters advice me on the best A_S_S for the first free service?
Old 25th June 2012, 23:22   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Hey Nitin,

Sorry about yesterday, I left early so couldn't offer you a drive on Crusoe (My T-jet) . Let me know whenever you come to Noida next time. Being a Newbie, I can't send you a PM so please PM your number.

Cheers,
Biraj
Hey no worries man! I guess I will email you my number. I don't think you can receive a PM either. Should be able to finally take the plunge tomorrow for the T-Jet plus.
Old 26th June 2012, 00:06   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Hey no worries man! I guess I will email you my number. I don't think you can receive a PM either. Should be able to finally take the plunge tomorrow for the T-Jet plus.
Congrats Nitin! It will be great to see another T-jet in the next meet. Is it the same Fox Trot Azure that we discussed or some other colour?
Old 9th July 2012, 01:13   #864
BHPian

Finally took the plunge on 26th June and booked a Tjet plus in FTA shade (only other color option was HHB which was ruled out as I already have two black cars at home). Got to know that the order was placed on the same day and car was dispatched from Pune on 28th June. The dealer called on 3rd July to say my Jet had landed in their stockyard; but I was travelling on business so couldn't go till today.

Spent a couple of hours today and did the PDI very patiently. Touchwood, the exterior was absolutely perfect - small issues like the glove box alignment, chrome beadings, and a couple of minor things. Have asked them to rectify the same and will take the delivery on Wednesday (can't skip work tomorrow and mom won't let me get the car home on a Tuesday or Saturday). Can't sleep??
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img2012070800079.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img2012070800069.jpg  

Old 9th July 2012, 07:28   #865
BHPian

@Kapoor,

It would be great to have your buying experience,

Congratulation on your new buy,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
anupam00 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 11:12   #866
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Kapoor on the Tjet. Please pen down you buying experience, very keen on knowing this after the official split between Fiat and Tata for the distribution.

By the way how much did you bargain the Tjet for?
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 12:02   #867
Senior - BHPian

A friend, who is closely associated with Fiat India, informed me that Fiat has stopped manufacturing the TJET since long. Once the stock is cleared, they are going to take a decision on whether or not they should continue with this model in India.

Such a sad thing. One of the BEST petrol sedans in India, lying on deathbed.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 12:33   #868
Team-BHP Support

Out of curiosity, I was checking the difference between the Europe/Brazil spec T-Jet and the one on sale here in India. The Brazilian version seems to produce 152PS and same torque 207Nm, while the Indian version seems to produce 115PS and 207Nm. I wonder why they de-tuned it so much for India, they could have as well allowed the 152PS version here, considering the Laura 1.8 TSI puts up a similar figure too.

As a wild thought, what would the difficulties be if a T-Jet owner procures the Brazil-spec T-Jet's ECU from there and does a swap (forgetting for a moment about fuel quality worries and warranty concerns here in India)? Also, I believe the turbocharger in the Brazilian T-Jet must be larger too. Any other difference apart from these two things? Mechanically, I checked the specs on some sites and both seem to be the same, even the chassis. Correct me if I'm wrong. Elsewhere on some other international forums, I was reading that this chassis can handle upto 400bhp. Not sure how true or false that is, but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
A friend, who is closely associated with Fiat India, informed me that Fiat has stopped manufacturing the TJET since long. Once the stock is cleared, they are going to take a decision on whether or not they should continue with this model in India.

This is indeed sad news, I was expecting them to relaunch it with rain sensing wipers and automatic headlamps , so I could get those retrofitted . Now that dream goes down the drain.

Last edited by KarthikK : 9th July 2012 at 12:38.
Old 9th July 2012, 12:47   #869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Out of curiosity, I was checking the difference between the Europe/Brazil spec T-Jet and the one on sale here in India.

This is indeed sad news, I was expecting them to relaunch it with rain sensing wipers and automatic headlamps , so I could get those retrofitted . Now that dream goes down the drain.
I read that there is a higher version available as 1.6 apart from what we get here 1.4. Isn't that the one you are referring to. Or you mean that 1.4 itself is available in different level of tuning.

Linea Petrol line up is incomplete without T-Jet as they don't have Emotion variant as of now. Fiat can relaunch the T-Jet only in + variant (as T-Jet non plus was doing very very less compared to + variant) as Emotion variant and it could be made against confirmed orders only. That would complete their line up.
But considering the junta, people would expect/demand discounts from day one. Not to mention, at the launch the price difference between the old T-Jet and new would be whopping 2.5 lac with only rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps, that is sufficient to draw the already minsicule no. of customers away towards used T-Jets. Isn't it?

Last edited by carwatcher : 9th July 2012 at 12:51.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2012, 12:50   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
@Kapoor,

It would be great to have your buying experience,

Congratulation on your new buy,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Sir nothing would have been possible without your help. Can't thank you enough!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Congrats Kapoor on the Tjet. Please pen down you buying experience, very keen on knowing this after the official split between Fiat and Tata for the distribution.

By the way how much did you bargain the Tjet for?
The buying experience has been absolutely fantastic with Dhingra Motors in Gurgaon. I also dealt with the Fiat Caffe (run by Oberoi Motors) which was also quite good. Right from the booking till the PDI I did yesterday, it has been awesome. I have no reason to believe it would be anything different at the time of taking delivery on Wednesday. I have ended up with a cost circa 8 lakhs on road Delhi (after discounts and exchange bonus).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

You're right that Fiat hasn't manufactured T-jets since June 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Out of curiosity, I was checking the difference between the Europe/Brazil spec T-Jet and the one on sale here in India. The Brazilian version seems to produce 152PS and same torque 207Nm, while the Indian version seems to produce 115PS and 207Nm. I wonder why they de-tuned it so much for India, they could have as well allowed the 152PS version here, considering the Laura 1.8 TSI puts up a similar figure too.

As a wild thought, what would the difficulties be if a T-Jet owner procures the Brazil-spec T-Jet's ECU from there and does a swap (forgetting for a moment about fuel quality worries and warranty concerns here in India)? Also, I believe the turbocharger in the Brazilian T-Jet must be larger too. Any other difference apart from these two things? Mechanically, I checked the specs on some sites and both seem to be the same, even the chassis. Correct me if I'm wrong. Elsewhere on some other international forums, I was reading that this chassis can handle upto 400bhp. Not sure how true or false that is, but just saying.

The decision is not final yet regarding the fate of the T-jet. I keep hearing they are preparing for a 2012 Diwali or early 2013 launch for the new one.

Not sure of the Brazilian car's specs, but have heard the block is capable of 250 bhp without touching the internals. Could be taken upto 350-odd bhp as well.
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed