Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 00:16   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Ramesh, yes, I am also a bit confused. However, I do think they have FTA, as they have sent me an e-mail with the VIN number and color. And yes, it is coming from the plant at Pune as per e-mail. The same thing here as well, 15 to 20 days for deliver.

I personally think they have more than one color (FTA). Maybe they want to clear the stocks of FTA as it used to be a slow-moving color. I initially wanted white (BSW) or Black. Further, the territorial area manager has assured me that I will get full refund of my booking in case I cancel the same (in case I find a flaw in the car - which they will send only after full PDI from their end).

The Tjet and Tjet plus are shipped on confirmed orders only.

By the way there are only 4 FTA Tjet + left at the plant of the 2011 make and there are a couple of 2010 Tjet and 2011 Tjet. One Bronzo Scuro was recently invoiced. Will check if I can find the exact number tomorrow. One FTA Tjet + is headed for Bangalore.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 07:22   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Waiting for my T-Jet now. Booked it last week. I hope it is here soon

Mine is one manufactured at the very end it seems, 26th June 2011
Congrats! Did they manufacture TJet after May 2011? I was told the last TJet rolled out on May 31, 2011. What's your VIN? EMZ or FMZ?
Old 21st August 2012, 08:16   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Tjet and Tjet plus are shipped on confirmed orders only.

By the way there are only 4 FTA Tjet + left at the plant of the 2011 make and there are a couple of 2010 Tjet and 2011 Tjet. One Bronzo Scuro was recently invoiced. Will check if I can find the exact number tomorrow. One FTA Tjet + is headed for Bangalore.
Right on. There were five FTA T-Jet + when I placed the order. I had to pay a decent booking amount. However, I was reassured that in case of defects, it would be a full refund. The fiat guys have mailed me the full order details, including car color, order number, VIN number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Congrats! Did they manufacture TJet after May 2011? I was told the last TJet rolled out on May 31, 2011. What's your VIN? EMZ or FMZ?
Nishant, mine is a FMZ and as per the VIN decoding on team-bhp, I have been told it was manufactured on 29.6.2012, so my guess it is was one of the last few ones manufactured.

Hoping for the best and waiting for my first turbo-charged car!

Last edited by johy : 21st August 2012 at 08:29.
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 08:30   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy

Right on. There were five FTA T-Jet + when I placed the order. I had to pay a decent booking amount. However, I was reassured that in case of defects, it would be a full refund. The fiat guys have mailed me the full order details, including car color, order number, VIN number.

Nishant, mine is a FMZ and as per the VIN decoding on team-bhp, I have been told it was manufactured on 26.6.2012, so my guess it is was one of the last few ones manufactured.

Hoping for the best and waiting for my first turbo-charged car!
I'm a little behind the news on this but what are the current discounts on the tjet/tjet+? How much was the ex showroom cost?
Old 21st August 2012, 09:04   #920
BHPian

Ex-showroom 9,53,790
Discounts: 1.15 Lacs + free insurance (34834) + Free Road safety assistance (3000) = 152834
Exchange bonus = 1 lac

So if one goes for exchange, the total discount would amount to = 2,49,834
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 09:32   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
free insurance (34834)
The biggest fraud.

Cover note states the premium as 15k-odd. I don't understand how they pad it up to reach 34k-odd figure while figuring in the discount package. In fact when I had confronted the showroom and asked if I could get my own insurance company, they flatly refused. Upon pressing further, they agreed but were willing to reduce only Rs 15,500 from the quote! Fishy ain't it?
nishantgandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 09:36   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
The biggest fraud.

Cover note states the premium as 15k-odd. I don't understand how they pad it up to reach 34k-odd figure while figuring in the discount package. In fact when I had confronted the showroom and asked if I could get my own insurance company, they flatly refused. Upon pressing further, they agreed but were willing to reduce only Rs 15,500 from the quote! Fishy ain't it?
Its not fraud. Let me clarify here.

The insurance quoted (30k+) is the original quote from the Future Generali. As part of the Fiat's tie-up with Generali, they offer 50% discount to the insurance cost to the Fiat. When a customer directly ask for the quote from Future Generali, it won't be 15k+ for sure.

Also, when you renew your policy for the second year, you would definitely pay 20k+.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 21st August 2012 at 09:43.
Old 21st August 2012, 10:45   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Its not fraud. Let me clarify here.

The insurance quoted (30k+) is the original quote from the Future Generali. As part of the Fiat's tie-up with Generali, they offer 50% discount to the insurance cost to the Fiat. When a customer directly ask for the quote from Future Generali, it won't be 15k+ for sure.

Also, when you renew your policy for the second year, you would definitely pay 20k+.
Let's see the quote I receive in a month's time and I'll be in a better position to comment.
Old 22nd August 2012, 00:24   #924

Quote:
Waiting for my T-Jet now. Booked it last week. I hope it is here soon

Mine is one manufactured at the very end it seems, 26th June 2011
congrats on the best value for money car with a fun to drive engine. get it and enjoy it. i have had a few issues with the car nothing major though
1. driver and rear driver side door handles (chrome ones) are soiled - going to be replaced by the showroom guys on first service
2. did not check the wiper wash fluid was on the lower side and had to refill it
3. the hydraulic arm of the boot lid got disengaged got it fitted.

what kind of discount have they offered you? whats the on road price? my dealer took an advance of 1lakh with the sale deed of my exchange car signed before he ordered the car!!!! went through it, am very pleased now!!
docmech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 00:53   #925

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies. Your post contained 7!

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by noopster : 22nd August 2012 at 09:45.
Old 22nd August 2012, 08:23   #926
BHPian

I am sure T-Jets will make a superb proposition for someone wanting to a pre-owned petrol sedan. I have seen 1.5 - 2 year old T-Jets go as low as 5L. I would love to drive one some day. Hoping I get a bigger parking space to park this gem near my SWIFT and Santro :d
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:49   #927
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I am sure T-Jets will make a superb proposition for someone wanting to a pre-owned petrol sedan. I have seen 1.5 - 2 year old T-Jets go as low as 5L. I would love to drive one some day. Hoping I get a bigger parking space to park this gem near my SWIFT and Santro :d
Definitely would make a superb proposition as a pre-owned car, no doubt. But then, which T-Jet owner in his right frame of mind will ever want to sell this car? Next to impossible *lol*. Why not pick up a new one at roughly 7-8L today? they are old 2011 make ones, but your odometer will be freshly started.
Old 22nd August 2012, 10:58   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Definitely would make a superb proposition as a pre-owned car, no doubt. But then, which T-Jet owner in his right frame of mind will ever want to sell this car? Next to impossible *lol*. Why not pick up a new one at roughly 7-8L today? they are old 2011 make ones, but your odometer will be freshly started.
Not sure KarthikK. There will always be someone who sells their T-Jet. Along with Tjet, I could also hunt for Laura TSi a great place for people who are looking to buy turbo charged petrol cars. Time will only tell. Let me wait to cleanup my garage before take a plunge.
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:17   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I second that! I have seen just about 2-3 sales, and that too, distress ones (owner moving out of India etc). No sane person would want to let go of this beauty willingly.
Quote:
Not sure KarthikK. There will always be someone who sells their T-Jet. Along with Tjet, I could also hunt for Laura TSi a great place for people who are looking to buy turbo charged petrol cars. Time will only tell. Let me wait to cleanup my garage before take a plunge.
At the current prices (even if you compare pre-owned) the Laura TSI would be exactly double that of TJet.

And in terms of handling and dynamics, the TJet is eons ahead of Laura.
nishantgandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2012, 22:45   #930

Quote:
i would rather put it the other way, if some one doesn't mind the petrol cost or has low running, tjet is the perfect car with the present offer (i do 600km/month); you get a great driving machine with all the gadgets and plush leathers, on top of that its a great looker !! what more could you ask for at this price. all the petrol heads grab one of these beauties before they are off shelf.

when its coming at this price why go for a second hand one at all, any way its difficult to find one in the market.

whats the news with tjet is fiat taking it off the shelf ??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks