Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:08   #1021
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Even if you don't rev high, it will blast forward. Whatever you do in the rpm range, it will blast forward.
Hold the steering wheel tightly & prepare yourself as soon as the revs go into turbo zone. The mid-range is maddening for a Car at this price point.

Frankly, I don't feel like driving any other Car now. All feel ordinary.

Karthik - You sure you can go back to GP on Monday after a stint in the T on Sunday?
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 23:59   #1022
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Karthik - You sure you can go back to GP on Monday after a stint in the T on Sunday?
The mid-range is superb, even the low end grunt is amazing. You can potter around in the city in higher gears without feeling any lugging or engine strain. T-Jet is torque of a diesel + revving capacity of a petrol rolled into one = recipe for addiction.

I would have liked not to go back to the GP, but one reminding look at the wallet changes things completely, especially when I'm at the bunk filling fuel for daily use. Fuel filling smiley for the t-jet is this and for the Punto is . Self-explanatory *lol*.

EDIT: now that you tempted me, I am thinking of taking the t-jet tomorrow since it is Friday.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd November 2012 at 00:05.
Old 23rd November 2012, 00:58   #1023
gemi_kk

Quote:
The mid-range is superb, even the low end grunt is amazing. You can potter around in the city in higher gears without feeling any lugging or engine strain. T-Jet is torque of a diesel + revving capacity of a petrol rolled into one = recipe for addiction.

I would have liked not to go back to the GP, but one reminding look at the wallet changes things completely, especially when I'm at the bunk filling fuel for daily use. Fuel filling smiley for the t-jet is this and for the Punto is . Self-explanatory *lol*.

EDIT: now that you tempted me, I am thinking of taking the t-jet tomorrow since it is Friday.
Till now, i was a silent spectator. Now i couldnt control myself.

Imagine what would be the position of those who have been driving GTX from yeaaaars
Man, you shouldn't give up so early.
  (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 07:01   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk

Imagine what would be the position of those who have been driving GTX from yeaaaars
You look completely smitten by the Jet!!

Any plans of getting a jet eh?, now that there are some mouth-watering deals going on.
Old 23rd November 2012, 10:07   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

There are not many left, even if many people are interested. A good car simply could not sell when it was produced and the demand is going north when the production is stopped.

Not sure when FIAT will start manufacturing it again, but the hints are there as the top emotion variant in the petrol line up is still not filled in.
Old 23rd November 2012, 11:11   #1026
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_M View Post
You look completely smitten by the Jet!!

Any plans of getting a jet eh?, now that there are some mouth-watering deals going on.
Thanks mate, I have a better car which is superior to so called JET in all perspecitves may be my car should be called as JET ka BAAP. Also i had enough. i have spent more than 3L on a 5L car in fuel expenses. Forget about servicing costs. The smiley is laughing but the wallet has been bleeding like hell. As there is no smiley to show this so MODS: please make a note, Another smiley could be added.

The word "Savings" had to be deleted from my dictionary.

As said, My clocking is >2K per month. so i prefer to stay away from so called jets, bullets and its likes.
  (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 18:47   #1027
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

Hehe. No sir. No question of giving up, ever. I will keep the Jet as long as Fiat gives me spare parts. No. In fact, I will keep the car even after Fiat stops the spare part production, even if it means importing the spares from Italy, Brazil or some other country.

I was just referring to the ever-rising petrol prices when I was joking with Sheel. I use the GP for weekday office commuting due to diesel FE and diesel costs. If petrol was more affordable, I wouldn't have bought the Punto at all *winks*. The T-Jet is simply perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

The word "Savings" had to be deleted from my dictionary.

As said, My clocking is >2K per month. so i prefer to stay away from so called jets, bullets and its likes.
slightly OT, but that's an unfair thing about the Jet. In my opinion any petrol car will do the same thing today to your wallet, isn't it? Especially so when the monthly running is like yours and mine (~2k a month). Apart from the Nano and Alto 800, I can't think of many cars which give >14-15 kmpl of FE. And you would have probably spent a similar amount (maybe 2.5L instead of 3L) on petrol on any other petrol car anyway! For 50k more (due to reduced FE), what you got was the drive experience of the hot hatch, which you were aware of when you got a 1600cc engine'd hatch on day 1. Unfair to complain now.

If your running is low, you can still consider the Jet, but for overall high running in a single vehicle, a diesel fits your bill perfectly.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd November 2012 at 18:51.
Old 23rd November 2012, 19:46   #1028
gemi_kk

Quote:
slightly OT, but that's an unfair thing about the Jet. In my opinion any petrol car will do the same thing today to your wallet, isn't it? Especially so when the monthly running is like yours and mine (~2k a month). Apart from the Nano and Alto 800, I can't think of many cars which give >14-15 kmpl of FE. And you would have probably spent a similar amount (maybe 2.5L instead of 3L) on petrol on any other petrol car anyway! For 50k more (due to reduced FE), what you got was the drive experience of the hot hatch, which you were aware of when you got a 1600cc engine'd hatch on day 1. Unfair to complain now.
Yeah, Its unfair to complain now. Its a JET indeed. One beautiful red beauty. Never complained but the price discrimination b/w petrol and diesel is atrocious. when i bought the car, the price of petrol was some 36 and diesel was around 23. so Got it with .

Old 24th November 2012, 15:32   #1029
BHPian

Simply Awesome, the kind response the Tjet is evoking when the production is suspended.
When I bought it in 2011, it was amidst jitters, warnings from family and friends (and the sales execs almost), a foreboding feeling that i was digging me own ditch...and also having never seen a individual owned Tjet on road.
But the day i drove it from the dealer's to home everything else seemed inconsequential... it just me and my Jet...ones with the universe.

Tell you what guys...27k km later, trips to Mangalore, Goa, Bangalore, Mumbai, Konkan driving this car is something spiritual...sublime. No misbehavior whatsoever, absolute or rather telepathic response to inputs and yes the only blemish is a shattered quarter glass and some ugly scars around it - result of a stupid argument with a trailer truck in B'lore.
That aside, one can only experience the thrill from the response and handling the Jet delivers in the ghats - scary confident... makes you feel like Colin Mc Rae reborn. In straights the best part is when you are doing 100+ and a little nudge rockets you all the way to 160+ as if you went from 20 to 40 in 2nd gear. After 160 I usually run out of road or invariably run into a road block sitting in the passenger seat.
The JET has now become a part of me anatomically and spiritually!

Nothing comes close to this. I dont know much b'cos i haven't TDed any other car since the Jet. Everything else before that - memories reset - driving brain formatted.
I dont even care if FIAPL shuts shop and packs off to Italia. As long as the parts are available, me magnifico!
Just go for the Jet guys... nothing compares to it or maybe mine is really special!
jazzrockz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 15:41   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
nothing compares to it or maybe mine is really special!
Most (in fact all) T-jet owners will second your observation. This car is really special. Not sure whether we should celebrate the exclusivity or feel sad that such a wonderful product didn't get the success it so deserved. I am absolutely certain that I couldn't have purchased a better car for the price I paid. Even the fuel efficiency seems excellent to me. With the level of performance if I am able to manage 10-11 KMPL in Delhi, I am satisfied. I hope Fiat launches it again in 2013.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 15:49   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Most (in fact all) T-jet owners will second your observation. This car is really special. Not sure whether we should celebrate the exclusivity or feel sad that such a wonderful product didn't get the success it so deserved.
So very true! I celebrate the exclusivity...thrills me when i get to see another Tjet on road, makes me feel a part of an elite group. Though FIAPL is trying its best to steal us Jet owners of the exclusivity (externally - 16" ers, alloys, etc.). But then in your jet you are in the ZONE!
Old 24th November 2012, 17:20   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Simply I dont know much b'cos i haven't TDed any other car since the Jet. Everything else before that - memories reset - driving brain formatted.
I dont even care if FIAPL shuts shop and packs off to Italia. As long as the parts are available, me magnifico!
Just go for the Jet guys... nothing compares to it or maybe mine is really special!
U are spot on pal. I had the same experience only twice , way back in 2003 when i first drove the GTX and later when i drove the T-jet ( read better because of the brakes ). That zero lag , high torquey engine under her will format the brains of the one who strives for the best man machine combination . As long as spares are available u are right , nothing is gonna happen . if taken care properly Fiats can last for 10 years sure shot . Ensure you dont get into even a small frontal collison , believe me once you have a damage and its taken to a Tata garrage your night mare starts . be careful ensure only the fluids / pads /external parts are maintained and she is all set to give that un strained power years long.
Old 25th November 2012, 08:59   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Team,

Are there any TJet's available in PUNE or Is the stock completely exhausted ?
Old 25th November 2012, 11:17   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk

GTX..... pure bliss! A year ago it was a daily drive car, now more or less its a weekend drive car. Looking for a diesel, want to buy a 90hp but budget permits 75hp dynamic only.
Old 25th November 2012, 12:23   #1035
BHPian

Hi,

My T-Jet has completed 2 months and I have driven her just 900 km! Thinking I should discard official car and use T-Jet instead. Really it's been a great experience whatever little I have driven the T-Jet. Like some other members I also feel this car would be in great demand in used car market after sometime. As far as fuel efficiency is concerned I don't find any great disadvantage compared to other petrol cars, even hatchbacks, as it is not much different from my Santro.

The ride, handling of the T-Jet is great and the features list is good. However I need advice of BHPians on two issues that I have noticed. One is that if you are not in turbo zone(<2000rpm) and you need immediate acceleration to overtake, you need to downshift as the response is sluggish and rpm doesn't build up and reach turbo zone quick enough. Second issue is that I find the A pillars too thick and there is a blind spot especilly when you turn right. Would appreciate advice on these two issues.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks