Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2012, 17:58   #1051
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Had been to Prerana, Lalbagh road (Bangalore). Their red T-Jet TD car is up for sale. The car has done some 6000 odd kms. The guys were not sure of the price. If anyone is interested, please check. And if any of you guys plan to buy it, please do it after the weekend, am yet to take a TD. :-D
Now I'm beginning to think : instead of Punto Sport I should have bought this T-Jet+ for 6-6.5L and used the additional money saved (2.5L) for petrol
Old 29th November 2012, 22:10   #1052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Had been to Prerana, Lalbagh road (Bangalore). Their red T-Jet TD car is up for sale. The car has done some 6000 odd kms. The guys were not sure of the price. If anyone is interested, please check. And if any of you guys plan to buy it, please do it after the weekend, am yet to take a TD. :-D

There are many other cars too (TD/Demo vehicles) which are having discounts. It includes a Sumo, Manza, Linea, Nanos, Indicas, Vistas etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Now I'm beginning to think : instead of Punto Sport I should have bought this T-Jet+ for 6-6.5L and used the additional money saved (2.5L) for petrol
Let me first tell you that test drive car is one abused car. The right side fenders, bumpers had scratches on it. Secondly, the check engine light used to consistently come and the car would go to limp for a few mins.

Also the buyer will be a 2nd owner of the car as its already capitalized by Prerana Motors.

Now take a call
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2012, 23:10   #1053
BHPian

I think it made sense to buy the company stock which I believe is finished now. The cars which are with the dealers are mostly T-Jets (not +) of 2010 make and generally in poor condition. Most of them are even TD cars. There is one SBB T-Jet in Trivandrum lying in a pitiable state. So one needs to be very careful before going for any of these.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:41   #1054
BHPian

Hey guys had to share this ... the rear seat apparently can be folded down completely and you have a flat bed in the back!!!!
Will try this tonight... have to get the child car seats off first.
Hey KarthikK, another unique and first in the TJEt!
seen on teamfiat website

Last edited by jazzrockz : 30th November 2012 at 14:42.
Old 30th November 2012, 14:55   #1055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Hey guys had to share this ... the rear seat apparently can be folded down completely and you have a flat bed in the back!!!!
seen on teamfiat website
Havent tried,but i think i have this feature in My MJD EPK as well.
Old 30th November 2012, 19:31   #1056
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this is correct. Beneath the rear bench arm rest there is a grey coloured nylon strap. Pull this and the seat will flip forward. in case the strap cannot be located hold the seat from the sides & pull upward. The seat is hinged at its front edge & it will slot in to the space behind the front seats. Now on either side of the rear parcel tray there are pull straps. Lift them and tug them forward. This will release the rear back rest's latches (one on either side). Make sure that the three head rests are tucked in, now lower the rear backrest in to the space vacated by the rear bench & voila you have a flat floor thru n thru. While reversing the arrangement ensure that you push the seat belt locks thru the gap between the back rest & the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
seen on teamfiat website
Old 7th December 2012, 20:13   #1057
BHPian

Is it worth going for 2010 Linea T-Jet+ for 7.8 L after all discounts ? It is with one of the dealer and a TD car, he says its not used much and around 3K on ODO.Going to check this tomorrow, any specific things/checks to look out for ? Want to do a thorough check and negotiate further, if condition is good.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 7th December 2012, 20:25   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Is it worth going for 2010 Linea T-Jet+ for 7.8 L after all discounts ? It is with one of the dealer and a TD car, he says its not used much and around 3K on ODO.Going to check this tomorrow, any specific things/checks to look out for ? Want to do a thorough check and negotiate further, if condition is good.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Hi Srinivas
I feel 7.8 lakhs is on higher side.
Its has already done 3k. So price has to evaluated considering it as a used car.
Best wishes to seal a good deal.
Arkesh
Arkesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 09:29   #1059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please do not believe on what the dealer is saying, they will say anything to sell off the dead inventory. Keep in mind that the car will be 2 to 3 years old now and sitting idle for the major part in the open. Also the car has been abused by a variety of people during the TD and you would be the second owner of the car.

The price seems to be on a higher side considering 2011 Tjet+ sold for 7.5L. You need to negotiate hard if you really want to pick up this car.

Last edited by Sommos : 8th December 2012 at 09:31.
Old 8th December 2012, 12:19   #1060
Senior - BHPian

That price is very high for a 2010 car and that too a TD vehicle. I would deduct a lac each for the above two reasons. Give the dealer a counter offer of 5.8L and let them come back to you. I will not be surprised if this is settled around the 6.2L odd mark.

In case the dealer does not reciprocate then you could always buy from the dealer in Kalyan who still has 2 or 3 TJet's from 2010 in his stocks.

Quote:

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 9th December 2012, 14:23   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Please do not believe on what the dealer is saying, they will say anything to sell off the dead inventory. Keep in mind that the car will be 2 to 3 years old now and sitting idle for the major part in the open. Also the car has been abused by a variety of people during the TD and you would be the second owner of the car.

The price seems to be on a higher side considering 2011 Tjet+ sold for 7.5L. You need to negotiate hard if you really want to pick up this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
That price is very high for a 2010 car and that too a TD vehicle. I would deduct a lac each for the above two reasons. Give the dealer a counter offer of 5.8L and let them come back to you. I will not be surprised if this is settled around the 6.2L odd mark.

In case the dealer does not reciprocate then you could always buy from the dealer in Kalyan who still has 2 or 3 TJet's from 2010 in his stocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Hi Srinivas
I feel 7.8 lakhs is on higher side.
Its has already done 3k. So price has to evaluated considering it as a used car.
Best wishes to seal a good deal.
Arkesh
Checked the vehicle yesterday, overall condition is good. Some minor vibration is observed on steering wheel column and indicators on the speedo console comes on and off occasionally (including the ABS light), SA told its due to battery which is old and the T-JET battery is kept aside.

A small correction from my side, the ODO shows only 280 KM's, I heard it wrongly as 2800 KMs and put it up as nearly 3K in the forum. However the ODO doesn't had the 'H' symbol which makes me think that overall it could be 200+280 = 480 KM's ? SA even offered me to check the mileage at their workshop if I had any doubts regarding ODO reset.

Considering one of my relative is also working at the dealership and condition of vehicle, we have quoted 7 L as the final price.

Let me know your inputs.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 9th December 2012, 16:19   #1062
BHPian

Quote:
Checked the vehicle yesterday, overall condition is good. Some minor vibration is observed on steering wheel column and indicators on the speedo console comes on and off occasionally (including the ABS light), SA told its due to battery which is old and the T-JET battery is kept aside.

Let me know your inputs.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Now the price you have quoted seems fine.
But make sure that ABS and all electronics work fine. I dont think an old battery could be the culprit.
And regarding vibrations from steering. There should be no such vibrations in a car that has done 280 kms even though its a TD car that has been harshly driven. There can be vibrations from mirror which is quite common and its a minor issue. There are no steering issues in my linea as well as punto (both have done 25K Kms)
Keep me posted
Regards
Arkesh
Old 10th December 2012, 09:16   #1063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A small correction from my side, the ODO shows only 280 KM's, I heard it wrongly as 2800 KMs and put it up as nearly 3K in the forum. However the ODO doesn't had the 'H' symbol which makes me think that overall it could be 200+280 = 480 KM's ? SA even offered me to check the mileage at their workshop if I had any doubts regarding ODO reset.

Considering one of my relative is also working at the dealership and condition of vehicle, we have quoted 7 L as the final price.
It seems that you have made up your mind to purchase the Tjet. Anyway since your relative is working in the dealership, you can obtain genuine information from him. Could not understand how the SA offered to get the ODO checked whether reset or not.

7L is still a higher price for the 2010 Tjet. However, make sure to check the rubber beadings on the door and ensure to get the steering vibrations and other things rectified before the car goes for registration. Also make sure that the dealer gives you a new battery, replace the wipers and the engine oil. I don't think the dealer will agree but bargain for a new set of tyres, because half of their life is over. Otherwise get the tyres replaced as soon the car gets out of the showroom.

Best wishes for sealing a good deal.
Old 10th December 2012, 11:32   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
Now the price you have quoted seems fine.
But make sure that ABS and all electronics work fine. I dont think an old battery could be the culprit.
And regarding vibrations from steering. There should be no such vibrations in a car that has done 280 kms even though its a TD car that has been harshly driven. There can be vibrations from mirror which is quite common and its a minor issue. There are no steering issues in my linea as well as punto (both have done 25K Kms)
Keep me posted
Regards
Arkesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
It seems that you have made up your mind to purchase the Tjet. Anyway since your relative is working in the dealership, you can obtain genuine information from him. Could not understand how the SA offered to get the ODO checked whether reset or not.

7L is still a higher price for the 2010 Tjet. However, make sure to check the rubber beadings on the door and ensure to get the steering vibrations and other things rectified before the car goes for registration. Also make sure that the dealer gives you a new battery, replace the wipers and the engine oil. I don't think the dealer will agree but bargain for a new set of tyres, because half of their life is over. Otherwise get the tyres replaced as soon the car gets out of the showroom.

Best wishes for sealing a good deal.
Thanks Arkesh & Sommos. Vibrations from steering is very minor. I did love the car, the way it handles and super pickup. I felt the pickup to be similar to Rapid/Vento (TDI). My wife, brother-in-law was scared asking me to slowdown during the TD , however both agreed that rear-seat comfort is good and this is a good highway car.

From the VIN, got to know its Sept, 2010 vehicle. Yesterday got a call from SA with final quote of 7.2 L and we had asked for 7 L. He told that engine oil etc will be replaced and the car will be given after a fresh servicing/PDI. The 4 tyres were in good condition, but anyways will check with him for new set. When I mention about Team-BHP, he felt happy and was aware of the forum (he read some of T-Jet threads).

Now the situation is a kind of deadlock with us not willing to go beyond 7L, and from dealer its 7.2 L. I asked SA if he could get the Absolute edition kit if we go for 7.2 L , he said will try for that, but not sure. Will need one more round of discussion at home to finalize the deal.

Thanks,
Srinivas.R

Last edited by sriswe : 10th December 2012 at 11:34.
Old 10th December 2012, 11:49   #1065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Don't show your eagerness to pick up the car.
In the meantime evaluate other options, how much the Kalyan dealer is asking, the cost OTR if the same is to be brought to Hyderabad and registered there etc. This would help you in bargaining with your dealer.

Don't neglect the vibration as minor. Get all things repaired before registration. You'll have warranty as a new car but after you purchase the car all these minor things will be your headache and you'll be running after the dealer to get the things rectified.

Best of luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks