Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2013, 12:11   #1141
BHPian

Re: Tjet out , fiat India website updated

I was under the impression that this T-Jet will be the face-lift version - i.e. it will possibly look bit different (such as a ANHC face-lift). The brochure does not specify special features, so it must be the usual (already face-lifted) Linea with the Jet engine and additional blue colour option. Works fine, though. Waiting for the updated prices.
Old 13th April 2013, 12:20   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice the GC of the new T-Jet? It looks like T-Jet Emotion will have a GC of 190mm. Wondering how would the car handle with such a high GC.

I feel the previous GC of 170mm for the T-Jet would be sufficient.
Old 13th April 2013, 12:37   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I was under the impression that this T-Jet will be the face-lift version - i.e. it will possibly look bit different (such as a ANHC face-lift). The brochure does not specify special features, so it must be the usual (already face-lifted) Linea with the Jet engine and additional blue colour option. Works fine, though. Waiting for the updated prices.
Yes so was i , i thought the front of the car would be updated as it has been done outside India but the images on the website and the brochure are of the same design as its been here for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Did anyone notice the GC of the new T-Jet? It looks like T-Jet Emotion will have a GC of 190mm. Wondering how would the car handle with such a high GC.

You are right - The brochure says 185/190
Old 13th April 2013, 12:45   #1144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

190mm is too high for a Sedan. The Linea's handling capabilities is one of the main selling points of the car. I hope they haven't messed it up in trying to increase the GC.

170mm is more than enough for a sedan. Heck even the Govt. defines anything above 170mm as an SUV.
Old 13th April 2013, 12:51   #1145
BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely resonating your thoughts. Not sure how the Jet will handle with 190 mm GC. 170 is more than enough; i have had very rare underbody hits with the current GC of 170.
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 10:44   #1146
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Guys,

Does Fiat has any dual clutch AT box in their arsenal? If yes, that would be real good.
Never seen any AT box from Fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The FIAT500 comes with an AT box, not sure whether FIAT offers something on the lines of the dual clutch type box
Dualogic boxes are Fiat's version of dual-clutch automatics, similar to VW's DSG. They are not sold here, presumably due to higher costs. Now that the Indian car market is slowly becoming more open to Automatics, I hope they provide the option in the near future. A diesel hatch with an auto transmission would be a segment first, and would bring in huge numbers if they manage to price it sensibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The T-Jet was taken out of the production lineup last year and effectively they have relaunched this particular engine again with some of the added features like i mentioned above.

@ Mods request if title of thread can be changed to say Relaunched.
Well, strictly speaking, they had never announced that the T-Jet was discontinued, right? T-Jet was just out of stock all these days after the clerance sales , so it might not really be termed a re-launch.

Quote:

This is hilarious. Why on earth does it need 190mm?? Fiat is really overdoing it now. Some years ago, people were grumbling about the low 160mm ground clearance and now Fiat wants no complaints in that area at all, and is overdoing it beyond limits.

Why would I want 190mm of ground clearance in a turbo-petrol sedan?? For god's sake, are they expecting customers to plough agricultural fields with a T-Jet??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Absolutely resonating your thoughts. Not sure how the Jet will handle with 190 mm GC. 170 is more than enough; i have had very rare underbody hits with the current GC of 170.
+1. With the 170mm, I have managed to take on most bad roads in remote areas, no GC issues whatsoever. In my 2 years of ownership, I have probably scraped the ground only twice or thrice, that too on some steep estate roads. Not anywhere else have I encountered any problem with the ground clearance.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th April 2013 at 10:50.
KarthikK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 13:27   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Well technically you are correct but not producing a car for months on end , not even on specific orders is pretty much stopping it , whatever one calls it officially!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

Well, strictly speaking, they had never announced that the T-Jet was discontinued, right? T-Jet was just out of stock all these days after the clerance sales , so it might not really be termed a re-launch.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2013, 20:13   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post

I guess we can all trust Fiat to mess up things and overdo it. The new Punto itself was a mess with that new gc when I test drove it..and now we're talking of 190?? This is SUV territory for heavens sake !
Old 15th April 2013, 13:02   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Has Fiat announced the prices of the two TJET variants yet? The official site does not indicate any price as yet.

Just reading through the specs and feature list of TJET Emotion variant, I was going bonkers. All that heavenly handling & braking combined with super feature list makes the TJET as one of THE BEST petrol cars in India to own and to drive of course, IMHO. The question to me, Is it time to upgrade my 38k KMs old Vista Fire to TJET Fire?
Old 15th April 2013, 18:27   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Have been unable to locate any information online or otherwise but i have asked 2-3 sales guys to let me know if they can come up with anything , will hopefully call be back shortly enough. shall update if anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Has Fiat announced the prices of the two TJET variants yet? The official site does not indicate any price as yet.

Just reading through the specs and feature list of TJET Emotion variant, I was going bonkers. All that heavenly handling & braking combined with super feature list makes the TJET as one of THE BEST petrol cars in India to own and to drive of course, IMHO. The question to me, Is it time to upgrade my 38k KMs old Vista Fire to TJET Fire?
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 19:24   #1151
Senior - BHPian

If you are really keen and ok with getting one from the original lot, there is a brand new 2011 model available from the dealer in bangalore, details are on page 75 of this thread. You will not get the auto lights and rain sensing wipers but you will get the original 170 mm ground clearance suspension. Ciao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Old 15th April 2013, 19:53   #1152
BHPian

Guys, could anyone manage to get info on price of TJet? One of my known person is looking for a petrol car and he may consider TJet after test driving which is not available right now.
Old 16th April 2013, 10:17   #1153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Guys, could anyone manage to get info on price of TJet? One of my known person is looking for a petrol car and he may consider TJet after test driving which is not available right now.
As of now, pricing has not yet been revealed by Fiat even to dealers. They are expecting the information with the new T-jet brochures, prices, test drive/demo cars, etc to arrive in the next few days. I'll try to update the information here as soon as I get any updates from Vecto motors, Bangalore.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 20:40   #1154
BHPian

Chennai T-Jet Owners,

Have any of you experienced the new RDC Service Centre at Ekattuthangal Chennai?

My car is due for its second free service and your feedback would help.

Regards,
Siva
Old 16th April 2013, 22:18   #1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
As of now, pricing has not yet been revealed by Fiat even to dealers. They are expecting the information with the new T-jet brochures, prices, test drive/demo cars, etc to arrive in the next few days. I'll try to update the information here as soon as I get any updates from Vecto motors, Bangalore.
Yes, I happened to visit Vecto Motors the other day (Sunday) for a test drive and the SA there - Karthick had no idea about an impending release (when I told him I read something about this on auto.maxabout) It didn't help that the FIAT website got updated the very next day!

That being said, Karthick seemed like a FIAT fan himself and was extremely detailed in his sales pitch, so I have no complaints!

I am very interested to know how the FIAT's ASS is going to be after parting
ways with TATA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks