Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 19:25   #1171
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

I would love to have the Abarth kit fitted onto the T-Jet. And the smile on the face would surely widen a LOT. I am eagerly waiting for Performance kits straight from the Fiat stables to boost the BHP of the T-Jet.
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2013, 23:15   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

Unexpectedly bumped into a Fiat official who is in-charge of sales. On querying him about the Tjet. He mentioned that Tjet should be available for Test drive in the first week of June.

He was tight lipped about the Abarth though.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 00:51   #1173
Senior - BHPian

T Jet, 2013 model to be launched on June 10 http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...n-June-10/4262

Real shocker is the pricing, which is indicated to start at 7.64 lakhs ex showroom. Balaji Car World in Thane has the new TJet+ on display and test drives will be offered immediately after the launch.
khoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 22:53   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Real shocker is the pricing, which is indicated to start at 7.64 lakhs ex showroom. Balaji Car World in Thane has the new TJet+ on display and test drives will be offered immediately after the launch.
Jaw-dropping price indeed, if its true! Cn you share your sources on the price - Balaji Car World?
Old 9th June 2013, 22:58   #1175
BHPian

Whoa!! If its really 7.6L ex-showroom, then I have one more option in my car hunt. C'mon FIAT, do a 7.6!!
Old 9th June 2013, 23:38   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Whoa!! If its really 7.6L ex-showroom, then I have one more option in my car hunt. C'mon FIAT, do a 7.6!!
Your wish comes true. Tomorrow is the Day!! 7.67 ex showroom. Suddenly other petrol sedans look overpriced and so are the so called premium hatches.
Old 10th June 2013, 09:00   #1177
BHPian

Fiat might be taking its sweet revenge by launching t-jet @7.67 exshowroom ,it would definitely have impact on sales of honda city and other premium hatchbacks in times to come.Moreover with diesel prices going north it would herlald a new zeal and zing in the petrol segment .Well done fiat .
regards
praveen singh
Old 10th June 2013, 09:39   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Fiat might be taking its sweet revenge by launching t-jet @7.67 exshowroom ,it would definitely have impact on sales of honda city and other premium hatchbacks in times to come.Moreover with diesel prices going north it would herlald a new zeal and zing in the petrol segment .Well done fiat .
I doubt Honda City will be affected by the T-Jet any much more than it has already been affected by other Similar priced vehicles. People don't buy the City because its the best sedan in it's class, they buy it because its a Honda and atleast here in the North, I don't see that changing very soon. Just look at the sales the Amaze is getting.

Fiat's problem will still be market share and top-of-the-mind recall. No one even thinks of the Linea when they're contemplating their next purchase. It is sad but its the truth.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 10:46   #1179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
No one even thinks of the Linea when they're contemplating their next purchase. It is sad but its the truth.
Agreed.

However - there is a very thin market made up of us enthusiasts. Considering the numbers FIAT has been clocking now - even capturing a share of that market will be a big achievement for them in India. A well priced T-Jet can atleast cater to that market.

I wish they had an automatic in the range as well though!
Old 10th June 2013, 11:03   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Agreed.

However - there is a very thin market made up of us enthusiasts. Considering the numbers FIAT has been clocking now - even capturing a share of that market will be a big achievement for them in India. A well priced T-Jet can atleast cater to that market.

I wish they had an automatic in the range as well though!
I really hope they do, although I doubt they would

I've been looking for an upgrade from my Palio and have found nothing feels as good. I hope the new T-jet is an answer or else I've resigned to wait another year or so for the 1.6MJD Linea.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:11   #1181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I really hope they do, although I doubt they would

I've been looking for an upgrade from my Palio and have found nothing feels as good. I hope the new T-jet is an answer or else I've resigned to wait another year or so for the 1.6MJD Linea.
If your daily usage does not warrant a diesel - I doubt 1.6 MJD will come close to the T-Jet in terms of performance and grin inducing ability. Think of it as a turbo diesel with similar low end torque, much more (I felt it 50% more compared to my 90HP with dual channel RD box) pull when it hits the turbo zone and a smooth, revv friendly nature with a wider power band that diesels can never dream about!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th June 2013 at 11:14.
Old 10th June 2013, 11:53   #1182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
T Jet, 2013 model to be launched on June 10 http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...n-June-10/4262

If they launch it at that price with just a couple of airbags and abs+ebd it woudl be awesome.

No need of power windows, ICE, Climate Control or any of those useless things.
Just give us the engine and a decent safety package with it.

Last edited by bblost : 10th June 2013 at 11:58.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 12:27   #1183
BHPian

Though "sharnider" is correct that the T-Jet cannot dent sales of the Honda city due to the typical reliability, fuel economy and 'Its a Honda' mindset.
But if you love cars and love driving them, I am sure it would love at first drive with the T-Jet, atleast it was for me back in 2011.
And I have not regretted a single atom in my mind that why I did not go for the ANHC (I was ready with the cheque to book it the next day). Just happened to bump into a test drive of the T-Jet.
Old 10th June 2013, 12:36   #1184
Senior - BHPian

My source is the Fiat specific forum "My Fiat World" of which I being a TJet+ owner am a member and where this is obviously a much anticipated event. Attached is the link from the thread on that forum that has actual photographs of promotional placards/display at FIAt Caffe in Dilli which give the price at an even lower starting point of Rs.7,60,000/- as also the snaps of the 2013 TJet on it's second page.

The launch earlier slated for the 8th in Dilli has been moved to today the 10th at Bombay owing to logistical reasons.

http://www.myfiatworld.in/showthread...MFW-for-launch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydave View Post
Jaw-dropping price indeed, if its true! Cn you share your sources on the price - Balaji Car World?
khoj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 16:56   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Read this on one forum:

The 2013 Fiat Linea T-Jet reportedly starts at Rs 7.60 lakh for the base variant, which is about Rs 40,000 less than the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI.

Most Viewed