Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2010, 13:55   #106
BHPian

@deep blue & autoindian

though tata has spoilt us all silly when it comes to interior space, let's not forget they also have spoilt the entire fun of owning and driving the car.
i completely agree to the fact that the linea's rear bench is cramped to say the least, and fiat should have thought of something to improvise it. but i doubt that they would be making any structural changes just as yet.

one thing i noticed in one of the low-cost air-lines, one of them had put in recaro seats in the entire plane. advantages? well the thin seat looks weird, but is quiet comfortable. and because the cushioning is thin, they are able to accommodate more atleast one more row of seats, and some decent legroom for all. maybe this is what we need from fiat. though i got no idea how will it help the headroom and the shoulder room.

i agree with all about the aftermarketish tailpipe. needs a chop off for sure. another sore point noticed was that now the music system doesn't have blaunpunkt branding on it. has fiat changed the music system vendor?

somewhat OT :: somewhere on this thread i read that the leather seats are more comfortable. i wonder how?!? ever since i have been using my laura (elegance), the leather seats aren't really comfortable when you get in the car after it has been parked right under the sun. even other than that, the leather also is not so comfortable in warm evenings and it leaves your shirt wet with sweat even after climate control left at 19 degrees for more than half n hour. and NO the seat heaters weren't on! (totally OT : wonder why does skoda come up with seat heaters in indian weather, and not ventilated seats instead)

from what i could gather from this thread was :

1. though the panel gaps inconsistency has been reduced, they still aren't upto the mark.
2. rear seat ain't comfortable in all aspects : legroom, headroom, shoulder room.
3. they still haven't realised that the speaker quality is below average for a car in this bracket.
4. they have managed to come out with a car with a performance that would bring a smile to the driver each time he drives it.
5. braking is good.
6. a total enthusiast's car which still has lot of loose ends to be tied to be considered atleast a threat to the supremo honda city.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:59   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Absolutely agree with deepblue. Already 5 members in my family, a four seater sedan would be the last thing I would look for, whatever features a car has or however powerful the engine is. Already spoiled by the Indica for space, I would opt for a decent 3 seater rear bench car, don't want to cramp my parents, when I would be enjoying in the drivers seat. Wish Fiat gives a thought to this so as to utilize the longer wheel base in a better way.
From this perspective, Vento and Linea should be out already. Vento has the ugly hump in the middle and Linea has less room on the bench.

I dont think so, short drives would be troublesome. For long drives it might pose a problem.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:43   #108
BHPian

Turbo Turbo Turbo

dear GTO

like all your other reviews & td's the Tjet review is a reader's delight (with pictures giving further insight).

I am satisfied with the NA Linea on highway cruising between 80 - 140. as everyone knows its the intial grunt which is lacking and this dampens the spirit of driving.

would like to know for TURBO add on to NA engine
1) what ALL Internals would be required to be changed
2) what would be the cost
3) Is Tata A.S.S. equipped to do the upgrade. As you have rightly said as long as it is regular maintenance Fiat Owners are happy and with 6K kms right now I am happy to own the Linea.

ur update, much appreciated.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:50   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
dear GTO

like all your other reviews & td's the Tjet review is a reader's delight (with pictures giving further insight).

I am satisfied with the NA Linea on highway cruising between 80 - 140. as everyone knows its the intial grunt which is lacking and this dampens the spirit of driving.

1) what ALL Internals would be required to be changed
2) what would be the cost
3) Is Tata A.S.S. equipped to do the upgrade. As you have rightly said as long as it is regular maintenance Fiat Owners are happy and with 6K kms right now I am happy to own the Linea.

ur update, much appreciated.
I will suggest you to sell your current car and get the Tjet, its not worth getting all those upgrades done at service center. If its a daily use car then reliability is prime importance and upgrades are not done properly(95% chances) you will lose that. Also in the process i guess you will spend almost same amount or maybe more.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:26   #110
BHPian

@jr godzilla

if rahulkool's advice doesn't work for you, and you want to keep your existing car for you, I suggest you stay clear from getting the turbo retro fitted or something like that.
1. i doubt the dealership will be able to do it.
2. even if you find a guy who can do it for you, your warranty would be void.

to increase some power, try putting a K&N stock air-filter. you will find the car performing better. don't expect a whooping performance increase though!

and yeah - if at all you do that, kindly change the air filter to stock each time you send it to the service station.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:39   #111
BHPian

thanks guys will stay away from the turbo fit.
i think i should compromise my NFS for peace of mind.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:50   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks guys will stay away from the turbo fit.
i think i should compromise my NFS for peace of mind.
The 1.4 T-Jet has good mod potential according to Peter who tunes Fiat engines:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
The little 1.4 T-Jet engine can be taken to over 250bhp without revising internals.
You can consult him for a better opinion

Last edited by clevermax : 20th October 2010 at 15:54.
Old 20th October 2010, 15:56   #113
BHPian

A really great review GTO!!!
Can't wait for it to be launched in Hyd.... Have been looking around for a 9-10L sedan for a while now, but none came close to by my current 2004 Baleno in terms of sheer driving pleasure.
Guess the choice is clear now, just have to wait for it to be launched here in Hyd!
Old 20th October 2010, 17:11   #114
BHPian

Finally Fiat seems to have got the pulse of the market!

But still I wonder what makes them not to fix that Ignition Key area plastics?
Old 20th October 2010, 17:24   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post

They do not think it is a key area to fix . Sorry, could not resist that!
Old 20th October 2010, 20:16   #116
BHPian

Whatever happened to Fiat's marketing department? Even cousin Manza is running full page ads (todays The Hindu). Vento ads are seen everyday both on print and TV. T jet is conspicuous by its absence.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:29   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Whatever happened to Fiat's marketing department? Even cousin Manza is running full page ads (todays The Hindu). Vento ads are seen everyday both on print and TV. T jet is conspicuous by its absence.
Fiat's marketing is a joke. I am surprised to find AC air flow vents right on the floor below front seats in my Punto today after 1 year! Thanks to my friend who is just aspiring to buy a Punto in coming months. These things can be advertised to sell the car at least one unit more!

I am sure Marutis and Hyundais will neatly brag about such features if they have it.

Last edited by clevermax : 20th October 2010 at 20:31.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:37   #118
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
It already seems that the T-jet has got a more enthusiastic response from our forum than the Punto VGT ever did.
And well deserved, I'd say. The T-jet is a true enthusiasts' car, the Punto 90 was hardly quick. The T-Jet has the performance to match the best from its segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
and fiat should have thought of something to improvise it. but i doubt that they would be making any structural changes just as yet.
We have to understand where these cars are coming from : Europe. Cars are primarily self-driven, with little importance given to the back seat. Consider the long list of European cars that offered sub-par rear bench space (relative to their segment):

VW Polo
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Skoda Octavia
Skoda Laura
Fiat Punto
Fiat Linea
Mercedes C Class
BMW 320d

The list goes on. There are a mere handful of exceptions, like the Skoda Superb, and the Vento (which isn't even sold in proper Europe BTW).

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
to increase some power, try putting a K&N stock air-filter.
Says who? A K&N stock replacement will lead to 0.xx increase in power. If you want a noticeable improvement, the best basic mods are:

- Performance exhaust
- Remap
Old 20th October 2010, 22:03   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and fiat should have thought of something to improvise it. but i doubt that they would be making any structural changes just as yet
The Punto can be excused but not the Linea. Just like the Vento,it was specifically developed from the Punto for developing markets like Turkey, India etc. IIRC the wheelbase was increased for this purpose.

Last edited by Mpower : 20th October 2010 at 22:04.
Old 20th October 2010, 22:40   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
Hey, kindly don't mind but how many people do you expect, will their head in front of the steering after sitting in your car to check that ignition console panel gap?
And will you be bothered by that everyday?
I don't think this panel gap in ignition console should be the "center of discussion".

In every Punto and Linea thread, you will surely find a photo of the Ignition Console. But, I bet most people still believe that i20 has more features as compared to Punto and so on because no one bothers to look beyond the ignition console.

Also, which is better? A car that has rattles or the car that has a panel gap near ignition console?

Just want to say that there are things beyond ignition console. Hope you don't find my post offensive brother.

Quote:
dear GTO

I am satisfied with the NA Linea on highway cruising between 80 - 140.
1.4 T-Jet has an imported motor. It isn't feasible to do that all MODs in 1.4 NA engine in my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks