Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2013, 11:34   #1261
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat's India strategy revealed. Abarth, Jeep, new Linea & Punto coming. More insi

The T-Jet is only being launched in 8 cities to start with , that was part of the information given out during the press meet but Delhi/NCR is part of that 8 initial cities hence surprised that they have not listed the pricing yet. The dealers too seem to be still waiting for an "official" word on this even though they have indicated to me on phone that it will be what was published , specifically 8.80 Ex for the Emotion variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Prices are currently listed for Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata - but not for Bangalore, Mumbai, or New Delhi. Is this indicative of the "phased introduction" that Fiat had initially done when they first launched the T-Jet?

EDIT: Just saw @GTO's request to discuss T-Jet in a separate thread, after I had replied to @Puchoo's post. Mods: please move if necessary? Thanks.
Old 14th June 2013, 12:28   #1262
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Bangalore prices not updated yet. And yes, the home page for Linea shows all three variants of T-Jet.

The comparison page doesn't render itself correctly for the features of Active variant, but the T-Jet two-page brochure lists all the features of 3 T-Jet variants, as well as for the regular FIRE and Multijet engine versions. All variants of T-Jet have 4 disc brakes. The brochure also says there's an Emotion variant of 1.4 FIRE petrol, which is not correct.

I wish they had upgraded the HU to a touchscreen, with integrated navigation. In my view, it doesn't look good either with that matt silver finish. I'm told its performance is 5/10.

Last edited by Tats07 : 14th June 2013 at 12:32.
Old 14th June 2013, 13:35   #1263
tez
BHPian

I think T-Jet at the price is a good enough deal to go for it. Touchscreen HU should not be the reason for buying/rejecting this car. One of the few turbocharged petrol cars in India and at such a price.

Last edited by tez : 14th June 2013 at 13:55.
Old 14th June 2013, 13:52   #1264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipcarlover View Post
Still can't get the site to show prices in Ahmedabad on both IE and Chrome, even after clearing the cache and browser restart.
Its not just Ahmedabad, none of the Gujarat cities when selected show the prices. I guess Fiat must have not released Gujarat prices as yet. I dont think there is any issues with IE or Chrome.
Old 14th June 2013, 14:25   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, I think there is an article in today Times of India - Bangalore Times, about the Re-launch of T-jet. Though the prices provided in the article are the same Ex-showroom, one thing that particularly impressed me was the mentioning of

"All Round Disk Brakes, ABS & EBD are standard across all 3 variants" !!

Way to go Fiat. Now, scrap the 1.4NA totally and plonk the T-jet in Punto too.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2013, 14:51   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
I think T-Jet at the price is a good enough deal to go for it. Touchscreen HU should not be the reason for buying/rejecting this car. One of the few turbocharged petrol cars in India and at such a price.
A touchscreen HU is NEVER a reason. It's a part of a wishlist, good to have.
Old 14th June 2013, 19:06   #1267
BHPian

Few weeks ago my EON met a serious accident and I thought of replacing with Linea tjet . So today I called Fiat Caffe , New Delhi and asked them on road price and delivery time.The salesperson on the phone was very rude to begin with initially denying even existence of tjet and when I politely told him that few days ago it was launched , he hesitantly accepted the existence of tjet but soon arrogantly quoted 11 lakhs of active version for which I told him that I will lodge a formal compliant with Fiat customer for misleading a customer for which he replied we know how to deal with Fiat India and kept the phone down.
This attitude was also shown to some extent when I called Tuli motors , New Delhi.
IMO ,I see no change in attitude or future for Fiat in India as this incident has again amply highlighted to me Fiat itself is the problem not Tata or Premier motors for lack of sale.

Last edited by FrozeninTime : 14th June 2013 at 19:09. Reason: correcting errors in sentences
Old 14th June 2013, 19:23   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Few weeks ago my EON met a serious accident and I thought of replacing with Linea tjet . So today I called Fiat Caffe , New Delhi and asked them on road price and delivery time.The salesperson on the phone was very rude to begin with initially denying even existence of tjet and when I politely told him that few days ago it was launched , he hesitantly accepted the existence of tjet but soon arrogantly quoted 11 lakhs of active version for which I told him that I will lodge a formal compliant with Fiat customer for misleading a customer for which he replied we know how to deal with Fiat India and kept the phone down.
This attitude was also shown to some extent when I called Tuli motors , New Delhi.
IMO ,I see no change in attitude or future for Fiat in India as this incident has again amply highlighted to me Fiat itself is the problem not Tata or Premier motors for lack of sale.
Completely unacceptable behaviour. I am not able to understand the reasoning behind his action though. Why should he talk like that to a potential customer? And its not even Tata employees, its from FIAT Caffe!!! Sad to see the company suffering by employing such people. Very difficult for them to break out from their image if this is going to be the attitude of the employees.
Old 14th June 2013, 19:36   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Completely unacceptable behaviour. I am not able to understand the reasoning behind his action though. Why should he talk like that to a potential customer? And its not even Tata employees, its from FIAT Caffe!!! Sad to see the company suffering by employing such people. Very difficult for them to break out from their image if this is going to be the attitude of the employees.
dear arvind ,this sort of shoddy treatment is not expected that too after such high decibel launch of dedicated fiat dealers.Please raise the issue with the proprietor,I dont think he would be amused by this .The boor at the other end of the phone must face the music .Fiat really needs to take care of the customers or for that matter potential customers if they want to continue doing business in India .Outright disgusting
regards
praveen singh
Old 14th June 2013, 21:29   #1270
BHPian

I have a very different opinion or rather experience in regard to sales from Fiat . After I booked my Fabia, there was a call from Fiat dealer ( mohandas motors ) . They tried their best to get my booking cancelled and book a fiat instead . It was one Mr. Arun who contacted me .

Recently I met a bank manager , who expressed his very high regard for fiat sales and service . Their branch deals with lot of car loans , so I think his assessment could be right .
Old 15th June 2013, 00:06   #1271
BHPian

Hey Guys
I need your help, I was looking to upgrade from my getz 1.1 to something which is more fun to drive and i really loved the way tjet drives.
The fiat dealer here, not disclosing the name, is giving me a substantial discount on a display tjet (2010 manufactured), only run about 3k kms.
the car is spic and span with no scratches dents etc.
no rattles. and no signs of rust.
Should i go for it ??
Old 15th June 2013, 00:25   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hey Guys
I need your help, I was looking to upgrade from my getz 1.1 to something which is more fun to drive and i really loved the way tjet drives.
The fiat dealer here, not disclosing the name, is giving me a substantial discount on a display tjet (2010 manufactured), only run about 3k kms.
Should i go for it ??
Not unless he's giving it for 6lacs. Why? It's 3 years old. Could've been a test drive vehicle with a manipulated odo. Any dealer can make a car look spic&span. Why'd a dealer keep a display vehicle when there was credible news that it was to be discontinued? He could've sold it then, maybe he'd have got a better price too, but the fact that he didn't makes me skeptical.
Old 15th June 2013, 00:25   #1273
BHPian

Blurust - a display vehicle should not have 3k km even ! There's a good chance it was used for TDs in a pinch when the main TD car was away, so treat it as a used car with low running. If the 3k is genuine , it's probably a good deal, but it can be hard to verify the authenticity of the odo reading, dealers would have the means to alter it easily. Exterior clean up too is no big deal for a dealer to do to hide earlier damage.

I'd say, the new TJet Active is 7.6 lac exshowroom , that's ~8.8 OTR; and TJet Dynamic is ~8.5 ex showroom, roughly 9.7 OTR. If the 2010 is under 6-6.5 OTR, you can consider it as long as they give a full warranty as with new. I'd say bargain hard and pitch for 5.5. Even if it's a like new , it's still a 2010 model.

Last edited by Ricci : 15th June 2013 at 00:27.
Old 15th June 2013, 00:36   #1274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurust View Post
Hey Guys
Should i go for it ??
Since I'm using Android app, I am not able to view your location. Anyways- I really find it hard to believe that a display car only ran 100kms every month for 3 years! Also- there was a big hunt for Tjets few months before they were discontinued due to the heavy discounts offered. Almost every single car was sold, and there were reasons others weren't.

Since TJet is a rare car, members here might be able to pinpoint the car history. I suggest you reveal location + dealer info.
Old 15th June 2013, 08:32   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Since I'm using Android app, I am not able to view your location. Anyways- I really find it hard to believe that a display car only ran 100kms every month for 3 years! Also- there was a big hunt for Tjets few months before they were discontinued due to the heavy discounts offered. Almost every single car was sold, and there were reasons others weren't.

Since TJet is a rare car, members here might be able to pinpoint the car history. I suggest you reveal location + dealer info.
The car is not registered. No insurance done. The dealer is giving me full warranty of 3 years and one lakh kms. The price actually is too mouthwatering.
Its actually under 6 lakhs.
Isn't there a way to check the right odo reading. If he wanted to hide the odo he could have easily made it zero or few hundreds.
I am skeptical myself, but things that give me assurance are, the engine felt very new and coarse. There was no rattle from anywhere. Tyres looked brand new. No sign of wear and tear.
No idea what to do.
The car is in Guwahati.
I have not seen a lot of Tjets here.
For some reason I believe, sometimes when you are so used to driving cars you can make out if it's preworshiped or old . i did not get that feeling here, or maybe my heart is playing tricks here.
Another thing that I was told is that he odo is digital and can't be manipulated. How true is that. I really doubt it though. Everything can be manipulated here.

Last edited by blurust : 15th June 2013 at 08:47. Reason: Added text

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks