Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 17:43   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

No haggling whatsoever. As you yourself said this was included for the remaining lots which they were trying to move one way or the other.

Now that they are trying to regain a foothold, there should be some sweet offerings what with this being the second honeymoon, so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Yes one can always haggle , when i was negotiating last year for the remaining T-Jets it was all given as value adds which i will try and do this year as well.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:57   #1352
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The RSA as well as the Extended Warranty were included Free Of Cost by the dealer when I bought my TJet+. Do check for the same, I do not see any reason why this should have changed.
khoj, the only reason I can think of is last year they were in a hurry to dispose off the T-Jet stocks so they might have offered a lot of freebies. Usually when a car is newly launched, the dealer won't want to show any signs of weakness by offering freebies. At least for the first few months, the max they come up with is some insignificant (in cost) accessories like mud flaps, foot mats, car perfume or some such stuff . I was also a victim of buying it without freebies.

Last edited by KarthikK : 19th June 2013 at 17:59.
Old 19th June 2013, 18:04   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Actually no , no sweet offerings really , right now it all comes down to negotiation skills. I am working on a few things and as and when they get confirmed i will list them here so others can try and get those benefits as well.

While it is the second honeymoon , the mentality right now is typical of a "new car launch" - hence nothing really being offered , but from what i have heard in terms of the number of cars they have sold so far i would expect promotional offers 1-2 months from now , definitely things like insurance and if i wait then i can get those as well. But i have simply run out of patience and i would rather take the car than deal with long delivery periods or for that matter a decision to discontinue the t-jet again!

I should be able to shave off about 35,000 from the OTR as per what i am negotiating with them on. Fingers crossed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
No haggling whatsoever. As you yourself said this was included for the remaining lots which they were trying to move one way or the other.

Now that they are trying to regain a foothold, there should be some sweet offerings what with this being the second honeymoon, so to speak.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 19:05   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Indigo, if the T-Jet has thrilled you, you sure at not alone

The Safari won't ever get close to that territory. I say go for the Jet.
Hi Johy, We all, for sure, are bitten by the T-Jet mania.But,Safari happens to be my first love,no matter how crude or truck like handling it provides.So,I have only two options in my mind now, either Safari or T-Jet.
Regards,
Abhay.
Old 19th June 2013, 20:32   #1355
Senior - BHPian

I am not going to suggest one over the other , the fact is that these are 2 different vehicles altogether and you cannot compare them. There is no "apple to apple" here so best you go with what you really need - sedan vs SUV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo74 View Post
Hi Johy, We all, for sure, are bitten by the T-Jet mania.But,Safari happens to be my first love,no matter how crude or truck like handling it provides.So,I have only two options in my mind now, either Safari or T-Jet.
Regards,
Abhay.
Old 19th June 2013, 20:43   #1356
BHPian

Quote:
Regards,
Abhay.
Had I been in your shoes, I wouldn't have even considered the Linea.

Because, first Love is first Love, and You just Live once.

But hey, there is a saying, "If you are in Love with two women, marry the second woman, because, If you have really loved the first woman, you would not have fallen in Love with the second woman"
Old 20th June 2013, 10:55   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
T-Jet comparison thoughts : 2011 Linea T-Jet+ v/s 2013 Linea T-Jet Emotion

Ground clearance :

Fiat always has a habit of overdoing the response to customer-feedback. When people said the 160mm GC of the old Linea was a bit too low, Fiat got together and raised the height by a staggering 30mm, which took it to SUV standards! (in fact, the Yeti's ground clearance is 185mm if I remember correctly). Improve it to the necessary extent, but don't overdo it! For god's sake, no one is going to buy a T-Jet sedan and plough agricultural fields with it!

The old T-Jet+ came with 16" wheels and 205/55 tyres, which brought the ground clearance from 160mm to a healthy 170mm. I haven't had any issues with the 170mm GC over my 2 years of usage and extensive highway driving, sometimes to remote areas. They probably should have retained that setup to get the best balance of GC and handling. The T-Jet emotion now gets a ridiculously high 190mm of clearance! While this is a superb proposition for tackling bad roads and road trips to remote areas, the increased GC brings forth 2 disadvantages :

Here's the high point of the 190mm GC : in my total test drive distance, I didn't manage to scrape the ground / speed breakers/ potholes no matter how hard I deliberately tried to bottom out. BHPian floyd.bell test drove after me and he managed to scrape the engine guard plate only once on a very high manhole cover!
Thanks so much Karthik - The review was indeed detailed and shows your passion to discover the undiscovered.

I feel 190mm is a pretty decent increase in GC and it goes a long way to show that FIAT INDIA Cares

I have 2 Puntos [Both Emotion pack] and the only problems I face is the GC scrapping merrily along the roads less travelled.

But the tank in it keeps it going strong even after 76K kms. Serious thinking is about a Linea upgrade and am waiting for the market to show me a better Duster or a Nissan to change my perception. The drive of a Fiat leaves other brands feel cheap!! [No offense meant]
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 16:18   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regards,
Abhay.
If you do not give a damn about the ride quality and handling of the Linea then what are you waiting for.
Simple go for your first love and enjoy your dream to the fullest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Thanks so much Karthik - The review was indeed detailed and shows your passion to discover the undiscovered.

I feel 190mm is a pretty decent increase in GC and it goes a long way to show that FIAT INDIA Cares
Fiat has already done this GC upgrade for the diesel car in 2012, same 190mm for Emotion and 185mm for Dynamic and Active.

The same feature has now been carried over in the Tjet.
Old 20th June 2013, 21:49   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Fiat has already done this GC upgrade for the diesel car in 2012, same 190mm for Emotion and 185mm for Dynamic and Active.
190mm. Whoa!
Now that's serious offroading territory. I guess we'll see a lot more 'Laddakh in my Linea" threads - maybe Fiat should consider opening a showroom in Leh ! So in the bargain one gets his proverbial two (maybe more) birds with one stone, namely:-
  • Amazing ride
  • Great handling
  • No worries about scraping! -tackle those no roads & moonscapes with aplomb
  • Great acceleration & top speed coupled with the reasons above = more comfort & greater average speeds. Hmmmmmm... not so bad for the compulsive traveloholic!
Happy times ahead for the petrolheads !
Cheers !!

Last edited by Ironhide : 20th June 2013 at 21:53.
Old 20th June 2013, 23:27   #1360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
190mm. Whoa!
Now that's serious offroading territory. I guess we'll see a lot more 'Laddakh in my Linea" threads
I don't know the exact methods used to measure ground clearance, but most SUVs are 190-210mm , except for the true behemoths like Hummers; and now way that 190mm of a sedan is almost an XUV-like 200mm. Visually, you can tell the sedan is still lower, closer to the ground than an SUV. I get the feeling, the claimed ground clearance is as useful as the +80% more light claimed by Osram/Philips for premium bulbs. Better yes, but the numbers are misleading.
Old 21st June 2013, 09:39   #1361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I don't know the exact methods used to measure ground clearance, but most SUVs are 190-210mm , except for the true behemoths like Hummers; and now way that 190mm of a sedan is almost an XUV-like 200mm. Visually, you can tell the sedan is still lower, closer to the ground than an SUV. I get the feeling, the claimed ground clearance is as useful as the +80% more light claimed by Osram/Philips for premium bulbs. Better yes, but the numbers are misleading.
Ground Clearance is the distance between the flat level ground and the lowest part of the car body (other than those parts designed to contact the ground such as tyres etc.). This is measured without cargo or passengers.

Under the Indian road conditions 170mm is the minimum requirement for any sedan. Apart from this the stiffness of the suspension also plays a great role. In case of a car with soft suspension, putting more people on board would mean that the car will bottom out much easily.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 10:08   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you do not give a damn about the ride quality and handling of the Linea then what are you waiting for.
Simple go for your first love and enjoy your dream to the fullest.

I know..its just that karthik has put in so much emotion in description that I liked it a lot.

I always loved the fiats ride and handling and am glad that, that has not been compromised
headers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 10:18   #1363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Well actually I found the difference to be significant, more than just paper figures. The increased GC is definitely going to be a major advantage on bad roads. I could not scrape the car anywhere no matter how hard I tried deliberately, even on the worst of the roads that I was aware of. My T-Jet would have bottomed out at least in 10-12 of those places from my experience, and this one did not touch even once.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I know..its just that karthik has put in so much emotion in description that I liked it a lot.
True, the Emotion Diesel variant had the GC increase last year itself (nothing pathbreaking in my post), but I have no Linea MultiJet Emotion with me to compare against , only T-Jet+. From a T-Jet perspective, it was actually a new feature, hehe. I had to touch upon the GC topic since it is one of the major differences between the T-Jet I bought and the T-Jet that is now available on sale.

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st June 2013 at 10:31.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2013, 10:28   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Can any of the existing T-Jet owners please shed some light on the service intervals for this car.

I have been told that its every 15,000 and there is a general check up at 5000 Km's. Is that correct?

Ofcourse i will do the servicing in much shorter intervals than 15,000 as i do with the Fabia right now.
Old 21st June 2013, 10:35   #1365
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Can any of the existing T-Jet owners please shed some light on the service intervals for this car.
I have been told that its every 15,000 and there is a general check up at 5000 Km's. Is that correct?
Nope. The first service is at 5000 km or 6 months (this is called inspection because there is nothing major carried out at 5k), second service is at 15000km or 1 year from purchase date.

Thereafter, it is once every 15000 km or 1 year from previous service date.

Schedule should be like this as an example :

Purchase date : eg. 1st July 2013
1st service: 5000 km or before Jan 1st 2014, whichever is earlier
2nd service: 15000 km or 1st July 2014
3rd service: 30000 km or 1st July 2015
4th service: 45000 km or 1st July 2016
5th service: 60000 km or 1st July 2017
and so on.... . The service coupon booklet has coupons optimistically printed upto 1,80,000 kms!!

Just get the wheel alignment and balancing done once every 5000km from a reputed tyre shop in your city. There's no other reason to visit the service centre apart from the annual services .

Last edited by KarthikK : 21st June 2013 at 10:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks