Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 21:41   #1441
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Apparently the T-Jet is selling well, and the offers on the Emotion variant now are that they are throwing in comprehensive insurance worth Rs. 33,032 (not zero deductible, standard insurance), and Road Side Assistance worth Rs. 3,500.
It would be good to see when the sales thread for this month comes out or may be the next month's how is the new T-Jet holding out. An amazing car no doubt. I would love to see its numbers go up.
Old 4th July 2013, 21:45   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

On a different note, the official review hints that lower variant with 15" wheel may have better road undulation absorption than 16 incher. The tyre in both has minimal difference in profile depth, just 4mm. Can it really make a difference?
Yes it does , but unfortunately i am not qualified to comment on that point as i have always driven only on the 16" and a large reason for that is the love i have for the alloy designs

Quote:
I want to drive a couple more vehicles before I decide. But I'll not be able to forget the drive with the T-Jet.
i empathize completely. my decision has been questioned by many but these are people who confuse the multijet with the T-Jet and i tell them to drive one. On the power aspect there is a "kick" post 2000 RPM but agreed again on the linearity of this.

Standard fitment is basically the bare essentials -mud flaps/ mats etc.

And it does seem to be doing well now , when i went and checked mine yesterday there were 4 others which had arrived as well.
Old 4th July 2013, 21:46   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
On the Multi-Jet, you get these plus Standard Fitment (whatever that is) worth Rs. 2,000. Another offer on the Multi-Jet is that if you are a previous owner of a Fiat or any other car, they will take Rs. 1 lakh off the on-road price. You cannot combine these offers on the Multi-Jet.
Could you please elaborate on this. Is this offered by Fiat India or dealer?
Presently we don't have a fiat dealer in odisha so i have no idea.
Old 4th July 2013, 22:00   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Apparently the T-Jet is selling well, and the offers on the Emotion variant now are that they are throwing in comprehensive insurance worth Rs. 33,032 (not zero deductible, standard insurance), and Road Side Assistance worth Rs.3,500.
I was offered just 50% discount on insurance value of Rs.32,800. Thanks for posting, will use it as a bargaining chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Yes it does , but unfortunately i am not qualified to comment on that point as i have always driven only on the 16" and a large reason for that is the love i have for the alloy designs.
The test drive vehicle which you drove is a Dynamic variant which comes with 15" alloy. Please give your comparison when you drive your Emotion.
Old 4th July 2013, 22:00   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkesh View Post
I'm sorry I didn't ask who the offer was from, Fiat or the dealer. It's almost 10pm now; I'll call the sales rep tomorrow, ask, and provide an update here in the morning.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 22:04   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bharat Motors is the dealer in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack for now, and Ace Autocars is responsible for service. My brother got his car serviced with Ace this month, and they said that its a temporary situation till FIAT's exclusive dealership comes up. But they are not sure whether it is Bharat's or somebody else who has taken up the exclusive dealership.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 22:25   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post

Bharat Motors is the dealer in Bhubaneswar-Cuttack for now, and Ace Autocars is responsible for service. My brother got his car serviced with Ace this month, and they said that its a temporary situation till FIAT's exclusive dealership comes up. But they are not sure whether it is Bharat's or somebody else who has taken up the exclusive dealership.
It is confirmed that Bharat motors is exclusive dealer. They have already put fiat hoarding at pahal, but they will be operational from September. Till then fiat customers are left with literally nothing because the service at ace is pathetic.
Old 4th July 2013, 23:01   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was offered just 50% discount on insurance value of Rs.32,800. Thanks for posting, will use it as a bargaining chip.

The test drive vehicle which you drove is a Dynamic variant which comes with 15" alloy. Please give your comparison when you drive your Emotion.
Doing the insurance independently can get you about 50% off anyway.

Yes i know i drove it on the 15' but this is the only test drive i have taken which has been on 15' , all my other test drives have been on the top end .I did not want to provide an opinion between the two tyre sizes simply because i have not driven the 15'' that much and the one drive which i did do had a very different route , traffic conditions and road surface hence difficult and possibly unfair to compare. Apologies for the confusion , maybe i should have made it a bit more clear on the post.

Last edited by puchoo : 4th July 2013 at 23:04.
Old 5th July 2013, 08:14   #1449
BHPian

^^ From which dealer did you take test drive of top variant? I would like to approach them too. I have not made up my mind yet on Dynamic or Emotion.
Old 5th July 2013, 08:15   #1450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No dealer can dish out such large discounts from his (already weak) margins. It is from Fiat and should be applicable across the country this whole month. I confirmed this when I went to the dealer for service a couple of days back and remember him saying about this. They refresh their discounts and offers every month and apparently, Fiat has this for July :

Name:  image001.png
Views: 1461
Size:  31.8 KB

P.S - the blocked text by the watermark - RSA + Free Insurance + Gift cheque of 25000

If any of you prospective buyers aren't getting the same scheme as mentioned here, you can catch bash and thrash your dealer.

Last edited by KarthikK : 5th July 2013 at 08:20.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 11:32   #1451
BHPian

Sadly the exchange bonus is only applicable for the Non T-Jet versions. If they had something for the T-Jet I would very well consider replacing my Siena 1.6.

So for now my weekend car remains the same

Wondering how does the t-jet compare to the natural aspirated 1.6 of the earlier Fiats. Can somebody share the experience

Cheers
MKP

Last edited by mkpiyengar : 5th July 2013 at 11:34. Reason: Updated Post
Old 5th July 2013, 14:15   #1452
Senior - BHPian

This was last year in October , i dont know if they have an emotion available right now , when i took the TD it was only the dynamic which was available.

Quote:
^^ From which dealer did you take test drive of top variant? I would like to approach them too. I have not made up my mind yet on Dynamic or Emotion.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:22   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is confirmed that Bharat motors is exclusive dealer.

Till then fiat customers are left with literally nothing because the service at ace is pathetic.
If this Bharat Motors is the same as Shree Bharat Motors ,the Tata dealers of Bhubaneswar, then I hope they have mended their ways!
The quality and the levels of service at the Tata franchise of Shree Bharat motors was pathetic and in some cases nightmarish.
I hope FIAT India keeps an eye on this guy, in case it is the same Bharat, otherwise it will be a case of jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Any idea what happened to the FIAT only dealer of Bhubaneswar - I think it was called SWAPNA Motors - located in Mancheswar Indl Est. It was run by a very nice gent, who I felt (in a short interaction), to be a true FIAT aficionado.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:23   #1454
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
Sadly the exchange bonus is only applicable for the Non T-Jet versions. If they had something for the T-Jet I would very well consider replacing my Siena 1.6.
the overall discount would be probably 30k more for a diesel Emotion. With the T-Jet emotion, the net gain is around 35k (Insurance + RSA) which should bring the price closer to 10L on-road. Also, that 1L exchange bonus cheque happens if you exchange the vehicle with that particular dealer only, at whatever price they come up with. Sometimes the car will be undervalued compared to actual market rate, and the buyer can't do anything about it because of that tempting 1L gift cheque .

Quote:
Wondering how does the t-jet compare to the natural aspirated 1.6 of the earlier Fiats. Can somebody share the experience
The 1.6's power delivery is more linear and lag-free through the entire rev range. The T-Jet's power delivery is slightly sluggish till 1500 rpm, and then it gets explosive once the turbo kicks in. My suggestion is you could order a test-drive home and check out the experience and difference in-person. Since you already have a Fiat, maybe you could pester them for loyalty bonus (not sure if they have such a scheme though)
Old 5th July 2013, 14:35   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Also, that 1L exchange bonus cheque happens if you exchange the vehicle with that particular dealer only, at whatever price they come up with. Sometimes the car will be undervalued compared to actual market rate, and the buyer can't do anything about it because of that tempting 1L gift cheque
In my case, I just moved to Bangalore from Chennai, and sold my car in Chennai before the move. Vecto said if I showed copies of insurance and RC book of my previous car, they'd still give me 1 lac off the Multijet on-road price. There is no car to exchange / sell! This despite the fact that the previous car was in my wife's name, and the one I buy will be in my name. I would say that's being really flexible!
TheTeacher is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed