Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 18:12   #541
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Had my first drive of Tjet over an excellent stretch of highway.Was looking forward to an earth shattering experience but may be then the expectations were too high.
The engine has a real strong midrange but top end after 4k is nothing to talk about.gear shifts are marginally better with definitely improved dash texture.The car was only 2 weeks old and didnt take it over 100 clicks.The steering and braking are the best though engine note under acceleration is not exactly music compared to the fiesta s.The surge of turbo kicking in was akin to that on a swift mjd.Driveability is very good and think its easy to extract good FE on highways with sedate driving.NVH are well suppressed and improved AC was apparent.Found it decent value for money and on par with city/vento.wonder whats holding back sales? And regarding the lukewarm review of autocar on the Tjet, think they were partially right.Now only if Fiat brings a slick gearbox.(Guess the FE on test drive? an absurd 5kmpl over 10 kms.cruising along in 5th at 80k showed an instantaneous 18kmpl)

Last edited by aditya116 : 28th January 2011 at 18:15.
Old 1st February 2011, 00:09   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Had my first drive of Tjet over an excellent stretch of highway.Was looking forward to an earth shattering experience but may be then the expectations were too high.
The engine has a real strong midrange but top end after 4k is nothing to talk about.gear shifts are marginally better with definitely improved dash texture.
Aditya.. I recently drove my T-Jet in the way mentioned below..

1st - Close to 50km/hr
2nd - Close to 90km/hr
3rd - Speedo indicated 143 (to be precise) at 6400-6500 rpm where the ECU did cut-off
4th - Took it again to 6400-6500 RPM (until ECU cut off)
5th - Took it to 4600 rpm and I could have managed another 300-400 RPM increase since there was juice left..

The reason I am saying this is because I didnt feel any strain after 4000 rpm on 5th.. Surprising.. What do you exactly mean by saying "top end after 4k is not good".. In my case, it just pulled and pulled..

Reg. the mileage for this run.. I got 7.3km/lt.. However my engine now is 2200kms old.
Old 1st February 2011, 10:49   #543
BHPian

PDI for my Tjet is scheduled today at 4 pm. Am excited as well as nervous.
If everything goes well, registration will happen tom or day after.

I am counting every minute from the morning and beleive me, time is moving very slow. Who said every minute has ONLY 60 seconds ?
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:52   #544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
PDI for my Tjet is scheduled today at 4 pm. Am excited as well as nervous.
If everything goes well, registration will happen tom or day after.

I am counting every minute from the morning and beleive me, time is moving very slow. Who said every minute has ONLY 60 seconds ?
Did a thorough PDI of the car yesterday along with fellow BHPian Geeash (Dr Ashwin) for almost 1.5 hours. No issues found except for glove box misalignment & the seat belt caps on the driver seat not fixed properly.

The car will be registered today.
The dealer gave an option to take delivery after 6 pm today or tommorrow any time. I am taking it tommorrow as i want to take the car in broad day light.

The odo showed 38 kms (out of which 18 kms were from yard to service centre) and 'H' is displayed on the odo.

Happy with the outcome of PDI and waiting to own the beauty. Will start a new thread on buying experience & ownership review this weekend.
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:08   #545
Senior - BHPian

Which colour have you opted for bnz? and yesterday I saw somewhere someone mentioning about a new bronze shade available in the t-jet.
Old 2nd February 2011, 21:56   #546
BHPian

Quote:
The reason I am saying this is because I didnt feel any strain after 4000 rpm on 5th.. Surprising.. What do you exactly mean by saying "top end after 4k is not good".. In my case, it just pulled and pulled..
@ sathya I meant its not rev happy as the VTEC, but a damn good car anyway.
Old 2nd February 2011, 22:29   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
@ sathya I meant its not rev happy as the VTEC, but a damn good car anyway.
ah.. the VTEC is a different category. . btw, what the rev limit for the T-Jet?.

Also, I notice that most turbo charged engines, due to their non-linear power(?) delivery isn't as fun revving. The only petrol TC car I drove was my friends RS. I(or friends car?) may be wrong.

EDIT: I just noticed rev limit is 6.5k in Sathya_sc post.

Last edited by dhanushs : 2nd February 2011 at 22:36.
Old 3rd February 2011, 09:56   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Which colour have you opted for bnz? and yesterday I saw somewhere someone mentioning about a new bronze shade available in the t-jet.
I opted for Sunbeam Biege.
The new shade is not officially announced. Dealers only know that a new shade is being introduced in the near future.

EDIT : just saw the new colour "Bronzo Scuro" in the Fiat India website http://www.fiat-india.com/linea-colo...aspx?ModelId=5

[IMG]http://www.****************/forum/download/file.php?id=7936[/IMG]

Last edited by bnzjon : 3rd February 2011 at 10:38.
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:23   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
The odo showed 38 kms (out of which 18 kms were from yard to service centre) and 'H' is displayed on the odo.
Binzy, congrats man for the T-Jet. What does this "H" signifies on the odo.

I know that the odo can be re-set manually only once till the car has not clocked more than 250 Kms. Is it signifies the same ?
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:15   #550
BHPian

Does Honda Japan calls up their Indian customer for a feedback, or does suzuki, hyundai etc. does similar things??

Well, I dont know but the real customer has to speak.

5 min back I received a call from Fiat Italy. They have scheduled a call tomorrow to explain me the components of car, driving care, styling, and feedback.

I am getting proud to directly interact with 'real' Fiat spa.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:54   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Does Honda Japan calls up their Indian customer for a feedback, or does suzuki, hyundai etc. does similar things??

5 min back I received a call from Fiat Italy. They have scheduled a call tomorrow to explain me the components of car, driving care, styling, and feedback.

Wow!!! Thats awesome. I don't think that happens with any other company. Please do update the experience of the call. Eagerly waiting...
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:17   #552
Senior - BHPian

^^ Lot of Fiat owners have been receiving these calls. My dad also got this call from Italy and the conversation lasted for almost 40 minutes ! They wanted all details right from the dealer experience, odo reading when the car was delivered, problems faced till now, what you like, what you don't like, etc ,etc. And at the end they ask you if you had the choice now, would you still but a Fiat Punto / Linea.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 3rd February 2011 at 18:19.
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:21   #553
BHPian

Just goes to show that Fiat Italy doesn't trust what FIAL has to say! They want to hear directly from the customer's mouth itself.

Btw, I don't think other manufacturers require such an educational process. The local staff is well versed with the car.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:02   #554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
^^ Lot of Fiat owners have been receiving these calls. My dad also got this call from Italy and the conversation lasted for almost 40 minutes ! They wanted all details right from the dealer experience, odo reading when the car was delivered, problems faced till now, what you like, what you don't like, etc ,etc. And at the end they ask you if you had the choice now, would you still but a Fiat Punto / Linea.
Thats pretty awesome. Its a fine example of customer care, and they are showing that the relationship with the customer does not end at the point of sale.
Other than the cars itself, this could be one reason that cars from Fiat - whether it is Fiat, Alfa or a Ferrari always command repeat customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthr77 View Post
Just goes to show that Fiat Italy doesn't trust what FIAL has to say! They want to hear directly from the customer's mouth itself.

Btw, I don't think other manufacturers require such an educational process. The local staff is well versed with the car.
I guess thats a bit of negative thought process.
I don't think this is about lack of trust or about the knowledge level of local staff.
What they have done is a finer aspect of client relationship management. For an international brand, getting feedback directly from the customer's mouth always help.
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:33   #555
Senior - BHPian

I guess Fiat Italy is at a real loss for explanation why their cars are selling well everywhere in the world except India. They probably don't trust the India ops work towards customer satisfaction so must be trying to gauge the actual user feedback. Logical move I must say considering almost everything else has failed for them here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks