Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2013, 10:19   #1381
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Was this the white T-Jet , Dynamic model with stickers all over?

When we took the test drive recently , about 4-5 days ago , there was actually no wind noise even at 110kmph.

In context to the AC , the AC does make a fair amount of noise but only if the fan is turned way up , at the lower settings its a fairly quiet piece of machinery.
Yes it is a white Dynamic with stickers identifying it as demo vehicle, with toll free number.

When we tested the AC noise the fan speed was at about 3 or 4 bars. When we turned off AC noise went off. When we restarted the AC it was quiet until the compressor started. So it definitely is compressor noise, not fan noise. Moreover compressor sound is quiet easy to identify; from fridge to home AC units.
Old 23rd June 2013, 13:24   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I misjudged the fuel efficiency and almost got stranded near Kasauli
What was the experience of driving that car up on the hills? Have read your posts but any other notable experience with the car. When i first took the Fabia up i was a little concerned on 'heavy' it might feel climbing up but i was totally wrong , she climbed those hills like a mountain goat!!

On a cold start the T-jet , the test drive vehicle available in Delhi , was revving at 1100-1200 RPM for around 2 minutes before it settled down .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post

When we tested the AC noise the fan speed was at about 3 or 4 bars. When we turned off AC noise went off. When we restarted the AC it was quiet until the compressor started. So it definitely is compressor noise, not fan noise. Moreover compressor sound is quiet easy to identify; from fridge to home AC units.

Quite surprised because i dont remember any noise - engine or the AC being intrusive when we drove it , and we drove the car with the AC and i do make a note of the overall level of silence in the cabin since that is something i am particular about - maybe Kashyap has managed to screw up the compressor somehow. This is , or was till a few days ago , the only test drive car available across NCR and was hence being driven around quite a bit.

I checked with my wife as well post reading your comment last night and she in fact reminded me that we had even started the car inside the showroom when we booked it. An empty showroom - and when we were inside tinkering around with the car the AC was on and there was no unusual level of noise coming.

Last edited by puchoo : 23rd June 2013 at 13:44.
Old 25th June 2013, 19:56   #1383
Senior - BHPian

You gotta love fiat!!

10 days after the booking and 10 days before i am to get my delivery i get a call from the dealer informing me that my selected color is not available. Has not been produced in the -T-Jet yet and i would need to wait for an additional 10-12 days for it. So i can either choose from what is available to get delivery on time or wait.

Dealing with these guys and fiat has simply been unbelievable. Will decide over the night if i wish to change or wait or simply cancel the booking - if i do cancel it would be the 4th time in the last 8 months!!
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 11:16   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
You gotta love fiat!!

10 days after the booking and 10 days before i am to get my delivery i get a call from the dealer informing me that my selected color is not available. Has not been produced in the -T-Jet yet and i would need to wait for an additional 10-12 days for it. So i can either choose from what is available to get delivery on time or wait.

Dealing with these guys and fiat has simply been unbelievable. Will decide over the night if i wish to change or wait or simply cancel the booking - if i do cancel it would be the 4th time in the last 8 months!!

Just curious, what color is this? If they have not been produced in the first place, why take the order against that color? Pretty confused.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:23   #1385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You gotta love fiat!!

Personally, I feel if you have haggled with them for so long (8 months), you would do better to just wait it out for another 10 more days for your long-desired machine to come home. It is after all a trivial color issue, isn't it? Look on the bright side - your car will be delivered to you fresh out of the factory oven, unlike other T-Jets which are rotting in the factory yard for weeks/months together.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th June 2013 at 11:25.
Old 26th June 2013, 11:44   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You gotta love fiat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Personally, I feel if you have haggled with them for so long (8 months), you would do better to just wait it out for another 10 more days for your long-desired machine to come home. It is after all a trivial color issue, isn't it? Look on the bright side - your car will be delivered to you fresh out of the factory oven, unlike other T-Jets which are rotting in the factory yard for weeks/months together.
Just curious to know what colour did you book.
I hope the same five colours are there across the Linea and there is no special colour for the Tjet.

You should wait provided you get a confirmation from Fiat RM for the delivery. After 10/15 days the dealer may again extend the delivery period citing some excuse.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 13:00   #1387
Senior - BHPian

There is no special color for the T-Jet , i have booked the oceanic blue which has been in production and available as a color option since 2012. It appears that the first stock of T-Jets which have been made have been made in the other colors - Black and Oceanic have not been done. So if i go in for one of the others then i will get delivery as they are lying at the factory - if i stick to the blue i need to wait for a new batch which will take an additional 10-12 days for delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Just curious, what color is this? If they have not been produced in the first place, why take the order against that color? Pretty confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Just curious to know what colour did you book.
I hope the same five colours are there across the Linea and there is no special colour for the Tjet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Personally, I feel if you have haggled with them for so long (8 months), you would do better to just wait it out for another 10 more days for your long-desired machine to come home.
Thats what my wife said as well , and in the larger scheme of things an additional 10-12 days does not matter - its irritating but not like one needs to survive without a car at all. So have decided to wait it out but not change the colour.
Old 26th June 2013, 13:24   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
What was the experience of driving that car up on the hills? Have read your posts but any other notable experience with the car. When i first took the Fabia up i was a little concerned on 'heavy' it might feel climbing up but i was totally wrong , she climbed those hills like a mountain goat!!
I have taken my Jet to a couple of long highway drives including one to Dalhousie/Chamba. If the Fabia was a mountain goat, the Jet climbed the hills like a snow leopard. It was so much fun putting the car through its paces, you can't begin to imagine. The precise steering and superb handling comes to fore on such stretches. It follows your inputs calmly and sticks to where you want it to be as if its connected to your inner core.

Quote:
On a cold start the T-jet , the test drive vehicle available in Delhi , was revving at 1100-1200 RPM for around 2 minutes before it settled down.
Yeah the idle RPM on cold starts is the same while it settles down to 800-odd RPM as the engine warms up.

Quote:
Quite surprised because i dont remember any noise - engine or the AC being intrusive when we drove it , and we drove the car with the AC and i do make a note of the overall level of silence in the cabin since that is something i am particular about - maybe Kashyap has managed to screw up the compressor somehow. This is , or was till a few days ago , the only test drive car available across NCR and was hence being driven around quite a bit.

I checked with my wife as well post reading your comment last night and she in fact reminded me that we had even started the car inside the showroom when we booked it. An empty showroom - and when we were inside tinkering around with the car the AC was on and there was no unusual level of noise coming.
It is quite loud when the load on the compressor is high. You can easily hear it inside even with all the windows rolled up and not just on quite spots, but even in the traffic noise.

Quote:
You gotta love fiat!!

Hang in there mate! That's all I can tell you. Fiat will never learn. Or maybe its just the dealer trying to play games with you. Did you check with another dealer to verify this story?
nkapoor777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 13:27   #1389
Senior - BHPian

I actually have not checked with any other dealer for a few reasons

1. i like the SA here - been dealing with him for 8 months

2. Kashyap has a bit of a monopoly here anyway - owing Fiat Caffe as well as a second one.

3. The other dealerships are really far about a good 20 kms from where i am. While Kashyap is literally next door hence easier to deal with

4. Given that these guys own the Caffe, they will probably be the first guys to get cars - as was the case with the test drive vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post

Hang in there mate! That's all I can tell you. Fiat will never learn. Or maybe its just the dealer trying to play games with you. Did you check with another dealer to verify this story?
Old 27th June 2013, 20:26   #1390
Senior - BHPian

Few days have been passed since the launch of T-Jet, do we have any BHPians who have booked the car.
Old 27th June 2013, 20:40   #1391
Senior - BHPian

I have booked the car.. on the 14th of June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Few days have been passed since the launch of T-Jet, do we have any BHPians who have booked the car.
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 21:07   #1392
BHPian

I am sitting on the fence right now. It depends on whether they can supply the car with quieter AC compressor. I will explore this in detail on my visit to their showroom.
Old 28th June 2013, 10:43   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Not to put you off , but if they have not changed it in so long i doubt they will , additionally this is going to be a slow moving car / low volume hence there might not be enough "noise" for them to fix the issue.

Quote:
I am sitting on the fence right now. It depends on whether they can supply the car with quieter AC compressor. I will explore this in detail on my visit to their showroom.
Old 28th June 2013, 10:58   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a strong enough reason to reject the Linea Tjet ?
Man you need to make some compromises to enjoy the thrill of the jet.
Old 28th June 2013, 11:28   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Is this a strong enough reason to reject the Linea Tjet ?
Man you need to make some compromises to enjoy the thrill of the jet.
The compressor noise is indeed scary (and embarrassing at times). Really resembles the jet propeller. Although I don't think it should be a deal breaker.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks