Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2013, 20:20   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post

The SA must have gone to MBA school. Marketing.

I have not driven the new T-Jet, but the power and torque figures are identical. Kartik has put a new comparison in this post

Conclusion: The old T-Jet and the new T-Jet; both fly very well.
Yes, the power and torque figures are same. Kartik's post also mentions the turbo spooling earlier in the 2013 version. Maybe that creates a difference?
Old 14th July 2013, 13:35   #1592
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Is there a significant difference in power delivery in the 2013 T-Jet compared to the older version? This was mentioned by the SA at Fiat A.S.S that I visited today, while I was chatting with him. In his words, the old one itself was very good, but the 2013 version literally flies.
Untrue. In fact the older version gives you more of that sudden explosive push once the turbo zone starts, while I felt the newer version was more uniform/gradual in leaping ahead. Where I found a difference was in the 1400-1800 rpm zone, during which the newer version felt slightly more linear and gradual in acceleration. The acceleration post-entering the turbo zone is the same in both versions. Overall, I wouldn't call it a difference as such. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the difference in feel could be due to the fact that the demo car I drove just had 280 km on the clock and the engine will not have opened up fully yet, unlike my 2 year old t-jet with ~10k on the clock.

Fiat has not modified anything on the earlier engine setup; they just added ground clearance and some extra features, and elsewhere did some cost cutting and cosmetic changes inside the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
The SA must have gone to MBA school. Marketing.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th July 2013 at 13:41.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 21:22   #1593
Senior - BHPian

I got to keep the new TJet for a day when my Safari went in for a timing belt replacement, I had requested Vecto Motors for an extended TD and this was a golden opportunity to check out the new Jet and it's drivability. The car was sent to me by afternoon and I took the car for a photoshoot near my farm, a friend who recently bought a Kizashi and who previously owned a Tjet wanted to come over to check out the car too, so there were two supermodels - An Italian and a Jap. Here are the pictures from the photoshoot.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-2.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-4.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-5.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-6.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-7.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-8.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-9.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-10.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-11.jpg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-12.jpg

Needless to say, I was bowled over by the car and am seriously considering it as a replacement for my old Optra, I drove it over a 100 kms, both on open roads and in choc o bloc traffic and the car is fantastic!!
I loved the way the power is delivered even in bumper to bumper traffic, never felt any strain and just a tap on the accelerator and you are off.
The handling too is fabulous (I have driven a friend's older TJet for a short while in city traffic) the extra ground clearance means one need not get tensed on bad roads.
Sadly the day ended badly, as I was returning after picking up my wife from her office, I was standing behind a private bus in near the KR Puram flyover when the bus started rolling back, there was at least 5 feet distance between me and the bus, but a truck was parked right behind my rear bumper, the bus kept rolling back as I watched in helpless horror and finally came to rest after hitting the car. Even though I was continously sounding the horn and people around the bus kept yelling at the driver, he did not notice that his vehicle was rolling back. I was very upset at the turn of events and the damage was two dents on the hood, luckily the lights or the grille was not damaged and Vecto would not hear of me paying for the damage, I returned the car full of guilt. Vecto.

Last edited by Lukeskywalker : 15th July 2013 at 21:24.
Lukeskywalker is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 22:37   #1594
BHPian

Another wicket falls (I'm referring to Luke falling for the T-Jet). Welcome aboard; the more the merrier!

Sorry about the end-of day mishap. I think it's awfully nice of Vecto not to hold you responsible. After hearing some of the horror stories about how some test drives ended, this comes as a welcome change.

I'm buying my T-jet from them.
Old 16th July 2013, 08:27   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
There were two supermodels - An Italian and a Jap.
Oh my God. These are both cars I love and to see them together. In white. Thanks a lot!

Bowled over. Good decision you are going for this car. Best driver's car in this price range and beyond.
Old 16th July 2013, 09:55   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Untrue. In fact the older version gives you more of that sudden explosive push once the turbo zone starts, while I felt the newer version was more uniform/gradual in leaping ahead.
Agreed - there is a difference in the surge of power that one gets. While i am not in the phase yet of pushing the car , i think the push has gone up the RPM range and is probably closer to 1800-2000 now , possibly even 2000.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:13   #1597
BHPian

Guys I need a help here. Lately my B&M has started behaving very weird. Behaviors-
1. In a stop-go traffic if I turn off my car and turn it on, the B&M would stop working including the media player. It will switch on tuner or CD. Voice command wont work, and it feels a simple need of ctrl+alt+del button. Unfortunately Microsoft forgot to give that option. It will start working after sometime in another off-on situation.

2. Sometimes many mp3 folders will not show up. Sometimes it may show up but will not show the songs. Sometime songs will be displayed but B&M will hang if I try to play it. Is there anything to do with the bitrate of mp3?

3. Steering mounted mute button is epicenter of frustration, I keep pressing in different postures and its on its mood to work. I prefer using the main button on center console.

4. Old CD will not play, which plays very well in i20.

During the free service camp last week, the SA at KHT thought something and said sir battery problem. I advised to conserve his energy to talk something sensible when needed, why wasting time and piece of intelligence for a non-sense. He thankfully shut the discussion then and there.

I saw a patch link somewhere, but the link seems to be not available now. If someone has a soft copy then can you please share it with me. I have done a soft reset already (by removing the batter cable).
And have tried with different pen drives.

On another note, it is nice to see many new T-Jet owners. I have a small question to ask, why did they not preferred this car when it was launched.
Let me open up some myths- The Fiat service is same as before in fact if u see the new makeshift service center of KHT u will run away in a minute, car is same as before or rather degraded with slight lesser pricing, SA and dealer including their attitude is same as before (only showroom location changes).
So why the decision to get a Fiat? Its a curious question and not an offensive one.

Last edited by Speed Pujari : 16th July 2013 at 12:18.
Old 16th July 2013, 13:25   #1598
BHPian

In my case, I was not in the market for a car before. I am now. Did research, and thanks to TBHP and the folks here, Fiat, which was not even in my list, became the car of choice. A major decision point was that they broke away from Tata. If not, I wouldn't have considered Fiat at all. Your statements give me pause. Fiat better provide service superior to the Tata workshops!
Old 16th July 2013, 13:30   #1599
BHPian

I am seeing a turnaround in the fortunes of the fiat as more and more people are listening to reason rather than falling for marketing gimmicks of the competitors .I am also looking forward to change my car and fiat linea -Tjet is an obvious contender.
regards
praveen singh
Old 17th July 2013, 13:48   #1600
BHPian

I have received a call from the dealer over here to intimate that the 2013 T-JET is arriving to the dealership by next week. It seems that FIAT has started sending the T-JETs to Tier-II and III cities too.
shineshine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 15:22   #1601
Senior - BHPian

Thats great news and about time Fiat got around to it , maybe an indication that they are starting to see sufficient traction for the car in metros and its a good time to branch out more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
I have received a call from the dealer over here to intimate that the 2013 T-JET is arriving to the dealership by next week. It seems that FIAT has started sending the T-JETs to Tier-II and III cities too.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:21   #1602
BHPian

One of our fellow BHPian has given a very negative feedback about Fiat's service. Refer the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3182078.
I was seriously thinking of the T-Jet as a prospective buy, but such a feedback has scared me. Especially moving away from my current Maruti where I never faced such a problem. Would like to know of any similar feedback/views from other members.
Old 18th July 2013, 17:46   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
One of our fellow BHPian has given a very negative feedback about Fiat's service. Refer the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3182078.
I was seriously thinking of the T-Jet as a prospective buy, but such a feedback has scared me. Especially moving away from my current Maruti where I never faced such a problem. Would like to know of any similar feedback/views from other members.
I would reserve my comments on the particular instance that you have shared because I don't know the entire story. The fellow BHPian has had only positive statements to share till the last post where he advises people not to purchase Fiat products. I am sure he has compelling reasons to feel bad about Fiat and not recommending their products.

I own a Linea T-jet and my experience has been more good than bad. Yes, there have been the odd days when I had to go and follow-up (or even raise volume) with SAs or Service managers to get my work done but that's just 4-5 days out of ~500 days of ownership. Rest of the ~495 days the car has managed to keep me happy. I am not sure about the service centers in your region but I wouldn't expect them to be as proactive as Maruti/Hyundai. If you are considering a Linea T-jet, consider it for the brilliant engine, the fantastic ride quality, the timeless looks (exterior), and the connect b/w the driver and machine (difficult to explain but easy to experience). Peace of mind w.r.t. to 'After Sales Service' might not be a strong point for the T-jet. All the best with your purchase decision.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 18:44   #1604
Senior - BHPian

If one reads the referred link, one cannot help but become obvious of the fact that the chap is posting under a lot of duress. This is obvious from the first sentence itself where he says he is scared that his father might sell off the car. Then in the end he asks not to buy Fiat. He himself wants to hold on to the Fiat but does not want others to go for it, so which one is it?

It is obvious that the guy is having genuine issues w.r.t the car and the service centre is unable to resolve the same for reasons unknown. As I see it, the post is just an outlet for the bottled up feelings a sort of a venting mechanism and should be treated as such.

However if you are indeed alarmed, then you should search through the forum more extensively and look up experiences from other Fiat owners and arrive at an informed decision. In case you are still uncomfortable after the exercise or even without it, walk away from the brand. There is no point in buying an automobile with a half heart and then being worried sick about it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachinVD View Post
I was seriously thinking of the T-Jet as a prospective buy, but such a feedback has scared me.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2013, 19:33   #1605
BHPian

He's done 45k kms on his Linea. How many other Linea owners here have done that much? It looks like most T-Jet owners here have put on a lot fewer kms on their cars. I think there's only one other MJD which has done as much or more that 45 k kms.

It would be helpful if other owners post their views on this. My T-Jet is on order with Vecto, and is expected here from Pune around Saturday.

Last edited by TheTeacher : 18th July 2013 at 19:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks