Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2013, 12:38   #2026
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
I took this pic just after we exited the highway at the Kamothe signal. I had topped up the tank at Pune By-Pass and if you see the fuel needle is hovering just below the full mark!! Total distance over which mileage was measured was about 110kms.
Ha ha, this is great ! .. I have managed best 19.9 during Bangalore-Mysore trip.
These days I am engine braking and in B2B traffic I am getting 13 kmpl best in Bangalore (remember its Bangalore traffic) . This including once in a while drag to overtake.

Its high time people appreciate the versatility of this car.
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 18:36   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Screeching brakes seem to plague T-Jets. Mine has been doing it from day one. Cleaning the discs/pads makes it go away for a couple of days then it's back. It bothers me greatly (always seems to be front right that's noisy), but am putting up with it.
Same observations here. At 18k km of running as of today, the front discs have uneven wear on them. The service techs at Aadya (during a recent "free check up camp") advised that they be replaced at next service.

Is this abnormal and would it be covered replaced under warranty? Aadya said no.

If you can somehow get this diagnosed further at this point and get a replacement under warranty, that'd be great.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 19:29   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
If you can somehow get this diagnosed further at this point and get a replacement under warranty, that'd be great.
Thanks Naresh, I'll do that at first service, coming up soon. Vecto has been good to me so far. Front shocks were replaced under warranty at 900 km because the ride was so stiff I complained that Fiat had forgotten to install shocks at the factory and I was riding only on struts. That got their attention, and on checking, they agreed that the shocks were too stiff and took care of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
...switched off the Music and began cruising at about 80-90 all the way to Panvel.

My God.... it was excruciating, trying to maintain speeds of below 100kmhr but the end result made up for it as you can see!!
PG, please do tell, at 80-90 kmph, what gear were you in? In 5th, you would be below the turbow zone in terms of RPM. In fourth, you'd be in the turbo zone, but at higher RPMs. We're told to always try and stay in the turbo zone. So let's please hear it from you! The gear you were cruising in and the RPMs.

Mods: sorry for the back to back post. I saw PG's post after posting my previous post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th December 2013 at 06:23. Reason: back to back posts merged. Thanks
Old 21st December 2013, 10:16   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
PG, please do tell, at 80-90 kmph, what gear were you in?
Hi Teacher, my entire trip was in the 5th gear. As you rightly pointed out, 80-90 in the 5th gear will keep the car below turbo zone and if you have to do some overtaking, either you plan your move in advance or downshift or you will experience turbo lag!

Since, this entire exercise was to maximize fuel economy I kept her lazily turning over at 1600-2000 rpm, kept as sharp an eye on the speedo as I safely could and opted for the former to navigate in traffic. Since traffic was sparse it wasn't too difficult.. Also, sought to engage as less components of the car as possible, ie. the turbo was off (mostly), lights were off, music was off. I wanted to switch off the ACC as well but as I clarified earlier, wifey would not allow that!!

On regular highway runs I have consistently got 13-16 km/pl but I was pleasantly surprised at the economy the car achieved this time.

Further, I would like to add, that in the 5th gear when going down any gradient in the ghats the car would very quickly build up momentum and before you know it or feel it she is moving upwards of 100km/hr. Engine braking in the 5th gear, especially going downhill, is negligible for any speed less than 110-120.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 09:28   #2030
BHPian

Suspension & balance rod query - linea Tjet

HI,

I have a nov 2011 linea Tjet which I am very fussy about.

Recently, after suffering the atrocities of the mumbai roads, I feel the suspension of the car is not what it is supposed to be. Going over a pothole or broken road patch gives me the feeling that the suspension is become very stiff and that there is some noise/thudding that I can hear.

Complaints at the New dedicated fiat Svc did not yield much result, they oiled/adjusted he suspension, but I did not think the problem was resolved. Their view however was that there is no issue and this is really normal, linea's suspension is actually on the stiffer side.

So I took it to my old fiat/Tata Svc and a well known service advisor to get a second opinion.

Now this guy diagnosed the problem to be that of the balance rod and that it needs replacement, though as per him it's not really a big issue and the car won't really suffer if this is not replaced.

I wanted the opinion of people in the know in this forum whether -
1. What is the significance of the balance rod and how critical is to replace it if here is some normal wear and tear.
2. Since the car has just crossed 2 years, I will not be able to replace the part under warranty. However, the issue here was hat on the day the car was shown and the problem diagnosed, the car was still under warranty. However, due to part not available, this was delayed to now when the warranty period is ended? Can I still claim warranty given the above. The Part in question is around Rs. 4000 in cost.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd December 2013, 19:11   #2031
BHPian

Re: Suspension & balance rod query - linea Tjet

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
HI,

Recently, after suffering the atrocities of the mumbai roads, I feel the suspension of the car is not what it is supposed to be. Going over a pothole or broken road patch gives me the feeling that the suspension is become very stiff and that there is some noise/thudding that I can hear.

Complaints at the New dedicated fiat Svc did not yield much result, they oiled/adjusted he suspension, but I did not think the problem was resolved. Their view however was that there is no issue and this is really normal, linea's suspension is actually on the stiffer side.

So I took it to my old fiat/Tata Svc and a well known service advisor to get a second opinion.

Now this guy diagnosed the problem to be that of the balance rod and that it needs replacement, though as per him it's not really a big issue and the car won't really suffer if this is not replaced.

1. What is the significance of the balance rod and how critical is to replace it if here is some normal wear and tear.
2. Since the car has just crossed 2 years, I will not be able to replace the part under warranty. However, the issue here was hat on the day the car was shown and the problem diagnosed, the car was still under warranty. However, due to part not available, this was delayed to now when the warranty period is ended? Can I still claim warranty given the above. The Part in question is around Rs. 4000 in cost.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Its Bit Stupid question but have you check the air pressure ? Also the Tyre as most of the tires like Goodyear and Apollo becomes hard after 2/3 years, Can you check the tyre manufacturing week and year, and you can visually check if it has become hard or not. And Its true that Linea has Hard Ride for Also speeds.
And if you still feels there is problem you can visit Balaji Auto In thane, they have better team.
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:05   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parimal_g View Post
Hi, Its Bit Stupid question but have you check the air pressure ? Also the Tyre as most of the tires like Goodyear and Apollo becomes hard after 2/3 years, Can you check the tyre manufacturing week and year, and you can visually check if it has become hard or not. And Its true that Linea has Hard Ride for Also speeds. And if you still feels there is problem you can visit Balaji Auto In thane, they have better team.
Hi Parimal... No question is stupid. The devil is always in the details.

I generally fill 30 on all tyres. Tyre was shown to Goodyear dealer and it's got a thumbs up in terms of condition even after 23k Kim's. Regular rotation has helped surely.

Will try out Balaji. However I am about to undergo a 4k km drive and am a bit worried about that. No time to go to Balaji before that. Have an appt at the Wasan motors for replacing the part, just considering whether I should do it before the drive. Hence the two questions?
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:38   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palitrana View Post
HI,

Thanks in advance.
Okay, this is something I have seen. And few of my friends too, and have concluded on the following after many trials and errors.

First things first, check the make of your struts. If you see the dreaded Cofap - Endurance branding on them, they are the culprits.

If you see Magneti Marelli instead, get the tire pressures, wheel alignment and balancing checked. If it persists even after that, get the struts inspected. But as far as I have observed, Magneti Marelli struts are great. Perfect balance of ride quality and handling.

One of our Puntos had the dreaded Endurance, and family and I hated to travel in that car. First, we thought it was the tires. GoodYear GT3s. We were wrong.

Then we thought it was the upgraded GC struts. Cos they were stiffened to compensate for the height increase. We were again wrong.

Pre 2012 GC or NOT, Endurance struts give very bad ride quality and tarnish the legendary FIAT ride quality experience.

How many kms has your car done?
DRIV3R is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 21:42   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Okay, this is something I have seen. And few of my friends too, and have concluded on the following after many trials and errors. First things first, check the make of your struts. If you see the dreaded Cofap - Endurance branding on them, they are the culprits. If you see Magneti Marelli instead, get the tire pressures, wheel alignment and balancing checked. If it persists even after that, get the struts inspected. But as far as I have observed, Magneti Marelli struts are great. Perfect balance of ride quality and handling. One of our Puntos had the dreaded Endurance, and family and I hated to travel in that car. First, we thought it was the tires. GoodYear GT3s. We were wrong. Then we thought it was the upgraded GC struts. Cos they were stiffened to compensate for the height increase. We were again wrong. Pre 2012 GC or NOT, Endurance struts give very bad ride quality and tarnish the legendary FIAT ride quality experience. How many kms has your car done?
Finally some light! Thanks driver bhai!

Cars done 23k till date in 2 yrs.

Now the novice that I am, I need some guidance on what's the way to heck the struts and the make on them. Can I do that myself or do I go to a sc or a mechanic fr that?
Old 24th December 2013, 11:36   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
First things first, check the make of your struts.
Is this something I can do or does the car have to be put up and the wheels taken off? If it's something I can do, please tell me where to look for the brand. Thanks.
Old 24th December 2013, 12:39   #2036
Senior - BHPian

Guys, you need to remove one of the front wheels, for this.

You can see the strut make then. I have a pic in my archives, let me dig and post it here while I find some time.
DRIV3R is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 19:03   #2037
BHPian

Have Booked my T Jet Today from KHT Motors, Whitefield. Have ordered for Oceanic Blue, ETD is quoted 2 weeks.

Wait begins!!
Old 25th December 2013, 19:21   #2038
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
Have Booked my T Jet Today from KHT Motors, Whitefield. Have ordered for Oceanic Blue, ETD is quoted 2 weeks.

Wait begins!!
Great choice. The T-Jet is an amazing car. Congratulations shijinpr.

I was quoted OTR 8.7 lakhs for the T-Jet Plus including extended warranty by K.P.Automobiles, Ranchi. What deal you got for the T-Jet? Heard huge discounts on the outgoing Linea are available everywhere. The new facelifted Linea is expected by March I believe.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 19:25   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Great choice. The T-Jet is an amazing car. Congratulations shijinpr.

I was quoted OTR 8.7 lakhs for the T-Jet Plus including extended warranty by K.P.Automobiles, Ranchi. What deal you got for the T-Jet? Heard huge discounts on the outgoing Linea are available everywhere. The new facelifted Linea is expected by March I believe.
That's a good price mate. For me the deal came to 9.3 OTR
Old 27th December 2013, 09:58   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shijinpr View Post
That's a good price mate. For me the deal came to 9.3 OTR
Hi,

9.3 is it dynamic or emotion? Also if possible can you please share the break-up under "The "I Booked my Car" thread". I am planning to book by this month end.

Recently I have taken the test drive of T-JET and really loved the driving dynamics, its one heck of a car for sub 10lakhs.

Thanks,
Pradeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks