Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2014, 21:37   #2086
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

It is very interesting to see that stock tyres namely Goodyear eagles have survived a few burnout run out runs before actually giving in. This begs the question should one change to better quality tyres right from the word go? And which one is better the Michelins or the Bridgestone Potenza?

Also what do the experts feel in order to take the T-JET do high speeds does one also need to have the so called "rear spoilers" and if so which one?

Does the so called lip spoiler (standard Fiat accessory) do the trick? Or does one need to go for 3rd party spoilers which have the break light indicator embedded in?

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2014 at 08:31. Reason: Editing out high speed mention.
Old 12th January 2014, 22:19   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs_Boson_i View Post
It is very interesting to see that stock tyres namely Goodyear eagles have survived a few burnout run out runs before actually giving in. This begs the question should one change to better quality tyres right from the word go? And which one is better the Michelins or the Bridgestone Potenza?

Also what do the experts feel in order to take the T-JET towards do high speeds does one also need to have the so called "rear spoilers" and if so which one?

Does the so called lip spoiler (standard Fiat accessory) do the trick? Or does one need to go for 3rd party spoilers which have the break light indicator embedded in?
My car doesn't have spoilers. I changed to Yokos the day I took the car. The speed you mention is easily achieved without much fuss.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2014 at 08:31. Reason: Editing quoted post.
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 21:08   #2088
BHPian

Finally I have booked Linea Emotion T-Jet (minimal grey) 2013 model.

Really loved White, Had to settle down with grey since there were no White available at the factory.

Now the wait begins to lay my hands on the Jet.
Raps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 00:35   #2089
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new ride. I love the minimal grey colour, there is one in my neighbourhood and I ogle it every time it drives by even though I have a Bronzo Scuro myself. White(especially the new shade) is for taxis, thank your stars you did not get one, do post photos once you take delivery,Ciao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post

Really loved White, Had to settle down with grey since there were no White available at the factory.

Old 18th January 2014, 16:14   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raps View Post

Congratulations Raps !

Just a couple of questions, do you plan to change the stock Goodyear tyres? Are planning on adding any accessories? By when will get the delivery looking forward to your ownership report!
Old 19th January 2014, 10:32   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. I love the minimal grey colour, there is one in my neighbourhood and I ogle it every time it drives by even though I have a Bronzo Scuro myself. White(especially the new shade) is for taxis, thank your stars you did not get one, do post photos once you take delivery,Ciao.
Yes, I will take your words. I have seen your car photos posted in the garage. Got the VIN details and its indeed Dec' make. Waiting next couple of days for the PDI and expecting the delivery by coming weekend. Sure, will update the photos.

Quote:
Congratulations Raps !

Just a couple of questions, do you plan to change the stock Goodyear tyres? Are planning on adding any accessories? By when will get the delivery looking forward to your ownership report!
Though I checked different Tyre options, but as of now I will retain Goodyear. Planning for rear spoilers.
Old 21st January 2014, 11:59   #2092
Senior - BHPian

Mine does not have spoiler either and i doubt they will make any difference over and above the aesthetics of the car. I am still running on Good Years , the stocks which came with the car , bit noisy yes but i am just going to stick with them for a bit now and change them maybe post the 15k mark.

Quote:

Also what do the experts feel in order to take the T-JET do high speeds does one also need to have the so called "rear spoilers" and if so which one?

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th March 2014 at 08:32.
Old 30th January 2014, 18:27   #2093
BHPian

Finally, got the Italian beauty home yesterday evening For the last one week the car was in dealers yard, as I was traveling in US. worked out the registration on Tuesday and spent most of the day yesterday getting the car cleaned, accessories fitted, documentation and finally the hand-over. Got full tank at Shell and then off to puja with the family. Below are couple of photos from the puja near the temple.

Took the car today to office in UB City. It's a head turner, no doubt about that. Got the tyres swapped to Michelin 3ST at Madhus. The difference in comfort and noise is very noticeable from the stock tyres. Me and the italian beauty are gleaming. Yet to finalize on the name for my Tjet. Will start my thread soon (as soon as I find some time from work). Thanks to all who helped (directly or indirectly) to choose Tjet. A loud shout to Karthikk. The car is one work of art! I am in love again (hope wifey isn't reading this) . I might give a fairer sex name to my car, but which one??
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet1.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-tjet2.jpg  

r0ckstar.1 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 19:53   #2094
BHPian

Congrats Raps on a wonderful buy..I truly believe the spoiler only soils the back end look..on this classy car.am sure you will skip that.
I would say save that money for good set of tyres.

Congrats r0ckstar, car looks beautiful in white..how much the Michelin 3st tyres cost?

Last edited by moralfibre : 31st January 2014 at 10:43. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/Multi-Quote feature instead of typing one post after another withing 30 minutes
Old 31st January 2014, 10:06   #2095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Finally, got the Italian beauty home yesterday evening
Congrats buddy and have a wonderful drive, truly gem of a car, looking fwd to the ownership thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
Congrats Raps on a wonderful buy..I truly believe the spoiler only soils the back end look..on this classy car.am sure you will skip that.
I would say save that money for good set of tyres.
Thanks Shashi, not yet decided though for the new tires, need to give it a thought
Old 31st January 2014, 13:54   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Congrats r0ckstar, car looks beautiful in white..how much the Michelin 3st tyres cost?
Thanks. Well, the difference amount is about 5k for each tyre. I thought long and hard on whether to go for it or not. But, gave in to the lure and i don't regret it. Initially i thought the the difference would be about 10k in total for all 4 tyres, but it doubled. I might only be running 30k for the next 3 years. So, want to get the best experience of Tjet with excellent shoes
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:28   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
======= I might give a fairer sex name to my car, but which one??
Congrats on your New Car! It is a true beauty!

In the meanwhile I went ahead and booked myself a 2014 Linea T-JET Emotion tuscan wine colour from KHT FIAT Cafe. Should get delivery during the course of the week. Unfortunately my sales assistant is getting trained and is not returning my calls!! Need to check the status.

I wanted to know, when do you pay the full amount? I am being requested to pay up the full amount by wednesday to get delivery. It seems the RTO takes 2 days and accessories like rear spoiler which I want to put they are checking.

Words of advice would be useful.

Cheers!!
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:45   #2098
Senior - BHPian

Lol, seems the SA is getting trained so as not to return calls.

The final payment should be made only after you have done the PDI and are fully satisfied with the vehicle in all respects. If the accessories are free then they should be already mounted or at least should be committed in writing on dealer's letterhead.

You should get delivery of the vehicle complete with invoice and the insurance cover note and temp no. (Dealer's generic temp no.) to enable you to take the car home. The dealer will of course do the registration only after full payment is made.

Infact if it is being financed, there is a good enough chance that the financier may send the banking instrument directly to the dealer or may transfer the amount online. In this case you must ensure everything is A ok with the car before release of final payment.

Quote:
Congrats on your New Car! It is a true beauty!

In the meanwhile I went ahead and booked myself a 2014 Linea T-JET Emotion tuscan wine colour from KHT FIAT Cafe. Should get delivery during the course of the week. Unfortunately my sales assistant is getting trained and is not returning my calls!! Need to check the status.

I wanted to know, when do you pay the full amount? I am being requested to pay up the full amount by wednesday to get delivery. It seems the RTO takes 2 days and accessories like rear spoiler which I want to put they are checking.

Words of advice would be useful.

Cheers!!
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 15:40   #2099
Senior - BHPian

Many Many congrats r0ckstar!! a great decision a fantastic product and hope you have a great ownership experience!

Quote:
Old 14th February 2014, 16:27   #2100
Senior - BHPian

I have bought a black T-jet too. It has been a worthy replacement for my Palio. I have so far covered about 2400 km and I am loving it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks