Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2014, 20:48   #2281
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Nope, no steering issues at idle or any speed.

I find the hi-beams very good, and for the low, I usually also switch on the front fogs (I think of them more as driving lights than fogs), and the combo is pretty good.

I have always been finicky about lighting, but for me, the TJet's lights are good enough stock.
Old 14th June 2014, 23:30   #2282
Senior - BHPian

You bet! especially now that you mention the AC as well , imagine this - whiled one does not feel a drop in power with the AC on , the AC can have upto a 20% impact on the mileage , so if you add that to the figures you got - you would actually be at 16 irrespective of the speed breakers.

More than the figures themselves i am glad you did this drive , because i believe you really thought there was something at fault with the car and that been sorted now. Peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Yes, thanks Puchoo! I forgot to mention two things:

1) A/C was on throughout, initially set to 24C, then 23C then 22C

2) If it weren't for those 150 odd darned speed breakers (come to a complete stop, 1st gear, then pick up speed to 80, repeat in about a km), I reckon the average kmpl would have been around 16.

Pretty darned good, eh?
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 17:10   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Do any of you T-Jet owners find any steering wheel vibration at idle ? I do, and it's not bothersome - when I have my hands on the wheel, I can't feel it but with hands off, I can see the steering wheel vibrate.

Next task - headlight upgrade. I have the Osram Nighbreaker in mind, however wanted to check if anyone has installed higher wattage bulbs - if yes, with or without wiring+relay+ceramic-holder kit ?
I faced some issues with vibration and shuddering recently. Along with shuddering at low gears, there were vibrations while idling. The culprit were spark-plugs. All four were changed and the car has become smooth again, and there's no vibration while idling. How many KMs has your T-jet done? The spark-plugs are supposed to be changed at 30K KMs or 2 years (whichever is earlier).

I had upgraded the low-beams to Phillips XtraVision (same wattage). I didn't find any perceptible difference, instead it conked off within a year. I switched back to the OEMs (which in fact is Osram) and they have been doing the duty well. Get the beam adjusted i.e. maximise the low-beam throw and use the fog-lamps for nearer spots. A combo of fogs + low-beams is fine for the city usage. On highways, even I wish the headlamps had better throw.

EDIT: The spark-plugs of T-jet are quite expensive when compared to MJD. It's ~Rs. 815/plug so, ~Rs. 3260 for the entire set of four.

Last edited by Biraj : 16th June 2014 at 17:14.
Biraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 20:57   #2284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
...EDIT: The spark-plugs of T-jet are quite expensive when compared to MJD. It's ~Rs. 815/plug so, ~Rs. 3260 for the entire set of four.
The MJD doesn't have Spark Plugs, it has Glow Plugs. Costs Rs.874/- Each + Rs.280/- for Labour.

And apparently takes 3+ hours to replace 1 at FASS's in Bangalore. Just had my Linea MJD's Glow Plug changed today.
Old 17th June 2014, 00:20   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
The MJD doesn't have Spark Plugs, it has Glow Plugs. Costs Rs.874/- Each + Rs.280/- for Labour.

And apparently takes 3+ hours to replace 1 at FASS's in Bangalore. Just had my Linea MJD's Glow Plug changed today.
Oops, I meant the NA petrol (FIRE). How could I miss the fact that Diesel doesn't have spark-plugs. It used to be a common viva question during engineering Thank you for correcting.
Old 19th June 2014, 10:54   #2286
BHPian

After waiting patiently for two days to receive invoice ( via Email) for two remote keys and curtain for my linea I get call from service adviser Sunil of Thrust Fiat , Delhi that they had billed for one key and asked to pay another four thousand for second key this despite I asking him repeatedly on has he billed for for second key also and to which his answer was Yes.
On other note noise from left B pillar hasn't been solved and so is the steering rack noise issue persists.
Old 19th June 2014, 12:00   #2287
BHPian

Guys, any idea where I can get Bosch Aero wipers for the T-Jet. I think they use 26" and 15".
Old 19th June 2014, 14:50   #2288
BHPian

Guys I was planning to shift from the Selenia to Motul 8100 X-Cess on my T-Jet , I have had very good experience with Motul's fully synthetic oils on my bike and want to apply the same to my car too. Has any one ever used the Motul 8100 on their T-Jets? and Moreover I wanted to ask someone from Delhi NCR owning a Linea , if they have got service done from a non-authorized dealer i.e. a good mechanic or service center who will be willing to add the Oil of my choice.
Old 19th June 2014, 15:31   #2289
BHPian

Quick Update on the New Linea T -Jet:
3 weeks of driving completed and I have notched up 1100 kms already. Did a bit of running in for the engine. Not sure how much it helped being on the busy roads of Bangalore. The second refueling gave a meager mileage of 9 kmpl. Complete City driving with AC on full time.
Hence, I decided to take it out on a highway run. Did about 50 kms on the highway and got a good mileage on the MID of 16 kmpl. Again AC on throughout.

Third refuelling coming up soon. updates to follow.

I am also planning on a trip to Chennai at the end of the month. Need a few pointers if the engine needs any more of running-in. Even though the manual or the dealership never mentioned it. Please do suggest. Any other tip? I normally do check and top-up all fluids before any trip.

Another query: What pressures do you maintain in the tyres? The specs say 36 front/33 rear at full load AND 33 front/30 rear at medium load. Not able to decide which one is best and there fore posing the question to the experience in the forum.
Old 19th June 2014, 17:58   #2290
BHPian

Hi.

The running-in period is not to become a kill-joy! ;-) Just avoid revving too hard, and on the highway keep varying speeds and revs: that's the protocol I am following, though am no expert.

btw, do post impressions, observations about your new Linea. You've already done a fair few miles. And what T-jetted fun your long highway trip's going to be!

cheers
desdemona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 18:14   #2291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrahlall View Post
The second refueling gave a meager mileage of 9 kmpl. Complete City driving with AC on full time.
Hence, I decided to take it out on a highway run. Did about 50 kms on the highway and got a good mileage on the MID of 16 kmpl. Again AC on throughout.
9 kmpl is not good to hear, not sure if it will improve after the running-in or First service.
But, highway figures are great! What speed did you drive?

Desdemona, how much do you get in City?
Old 19th June 2014, 20:05   #2292
BHPian

@finneyp: My first refueling gave me a good mileage of 11 kmpl when I had done mixed driving..both in the city and highways. I agree the 9 kmpl on the second refueling isnt much, but I can attribute it to a number of reasons, bumper to bumper traffic for most of the travel time and my average speed clocked only 11 km/h for about 350 kms. Add to that I kept the AC on throughout. So, all in all, I am not complaining.

Will change a few things while driving like switching off the AC when not required etc and see if it changes anything.

Highway driving was topped out at 130 kmph. Again, here I try and use the MID Instant. Consumption as a guide. I tried not to accelerate too fast only to keep the mileage in check. And as @desdemona mentions in the previous posts..keeping it in the turbo range helps mighty.

Bumper to bumber traffic doesnt help with that either in the city, especially one like Bangalore
anugrahlall is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 20:35   #2293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrahlall View Post

Will change a few things while driving like switching off the AC when not required etc and see if it changes anything.
I get around 2kmpl more in my Punto MJD, in Bangalore city traffic, if I don't use the AC and turn off the engine at the signals.

It was of course quite annoying to do so on a regular basis so I just keep both the engine and the AC on nowadays.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 19th June 2014 at 20:39.
Old 19th June 2014, 21:56   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Desdemona, how much do you get in City?
Around 10+, AC always on set at 22, though we do have slightly more open roads than in Bangalore or Pune, for sure. Not bad at all I feel, what with the 47 degree heat prevalent here for the last couple of weeks.
desdemona is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 22:57   #2295
BHPian

Hi Thread is about T Jet. However, May I share my MJD experience. My car's (Fiat Linea emo pk 2009 Sep model) highway average - with AC full blast
a) When I drive - 14 to 17 kmpl
b) When my sons drive - 18 to 19 kmpl
Depends on speed, traffic condition and driving style (acceleration, deceleration, braking etc)
alavandar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks