Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 20:02   #2311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
With the "relaunch" of the Linea in the first quarter of 2013, they started providing a smaller steel wheel as spare (the center headrest in the back seat disappeared, the back seat does not fold forward, etc.).
Thanks for the confirmation, cost cutting at play here...

I heard you have Pirelli P7 on your Tjet?
How is the comfort/grip/silence?

Last edited by finneyp : 21st June 2014 at 20:03.
Old 21st June 2014, 20:41   #2312
BHPian

The grip of the P7 is great; I did a trip to Mangalore and back and I was quite happy with how grippy the tyres were in the ghats (Shiradi). The Linea has stiffer suspension, so city comfort on Bangalore speedbreakers and potholes (even at low speed) is not great. But on the highway it's absolutely fine. I don't hear any tyre noise; more of the wind at speed (a known issue with Lineas).

Nikhil (Madhu's) says they are good tyres. I did some research here and on a British tyre review site before deciding on them.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 13:20   #2313
BHPian

TJetters, I need some help in installing 6x9 speakers on my linea. I searched the entire forum and couldn't get any thread where someone has done this kind of install on the linea.

I have a TJet emotion, with the space behind the backseat occupied by the tray and the sun shade pullout assembly. Have anyone come across a kind of modification to install 6x9 speaker in this space? I have got hold of a pair of Focal 6x9 speakers and don't want to lose it. Any help appreciated. I am not a big fan of having rear speakers on the door

Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 16:05   #2314
Senior - BHPian

Focal 6 x 9, Is this from the integration or the access series?

As for the install one can always use the template that comes with the speaker and then cut through the parcel tray and it's metal backing to mount the speakers. Having said that I will also say that I am not at all in favour of cutting any metal to install ICE but then that's me

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
I have got hold of a pair of Focal 6x9 speakers and don't want to lose it.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2014, 17:04   #2315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Focal 6 x 9, Is this from the integration or the access series?

As for the install one can always use the template that comes with the speaker and then cut through the parcel tray and it's metal backing to mount the speakers. Having said that I will also say that I am not at all in favour of cutting any metal to install ICE but then that's me
These are the access series. The issue here is that the OEM tray doesn't have the space to cut 2 holes and install these speakers. I will need a custom tray i suppose. Just wondering if someone has already done this and can give me some tips on how he went about it. I am also not in favor of cutting the metal at the back
Old 23rd June 2014, 00:04   #2316
Senior - BHPian

Thus far I have not read anyone doing that neither here nor on FIAT specific forums such as team fiat etc. In my Jet too I have two sets of components (Micro precision 3.28 & 3.20 in front and back respectively) and the mids for both are in stock locations in the door. In fact I drilled out the blank tweeter covers in the rear door pads and installed the rear component's tweeters there, the front tweeters are installed in the front quarter glass panels in custom made SHOK pods. Believe you me the sound is awesome. Any chance you can get 6.5" or the OE 5" speakers and use the stock location?

Quote:
These are the access series. The issue here is that the OEM tray doesn't have the space to cut 2 holes and install these speakers. I will need a custom tray i suppose. Just wondering if someone has already done this and can give me some tips on how he went about it. I am also not in favor of cutting the metal at the back
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 07:05   #2317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
TJetters,
bit of a noob question, but how do you drive the TJet in urban conditions, do you keep the RPM low or do you tend to stay in the turbo-zone (2000rpm and above) ? I have seen/heard a few TJets as observer, to be silent, so the drivers were keeping them at low revs, like regular cars. Do you get better fuel economy by staying below the 2k rpm mark ; or by using the turbo-boost ? My question is specific to urban driving only, highway is Bournvita motto !
I always keep it above 2.5k or thereabouts. If you keep the revs low, it is not very good for the engine besides the mileage drops as well. In city, I am usually driving in 2nd or 3rd and the IC on the dash shows between 14-18 kmpl. You should drive with the IC turned on as that helps a lot in "reminding" you to drop a gear. Most of the times 1 or 2 gears higher that what is usual for most petrol cars, wont stall this engine.
ak916 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:53   #2318
BHPian

Quote:
Believe you me the sound is awesome.
Can you post some pics, Khoj, of the finished work even? Especially the quarter panels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
I always keep it above 2.5k or thereabouts. If you keep the revs low, it is not very good for the engine besides the mileage drops as well.
Not sure I agree. When I drive on the hwy at around 2500 rpm, I get lower mileage than if I drive at around 1900-2000 rpm, both in 5th gear. Another TJet owner also experienced the same; driving at 60 kmph in 5th with a/c off got him some 17-18 kmpl (this was a test he was doing while on tour).
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:55   #2319
BHPian

Quote:
T In fact I drilled out the blank tweeter covers in the rear door pads and installed the rear component's tweeters there, the front tweeters are installed in the front quarter glass panels in custom made SHOK pods. Believe you me the sound is awesome. Any chance you can get 6.5" or the OE 5" speakers and use the stock location?
Thanks for the reply. Can you please post some photos of your install? I am also not sure where should i install my Audiocontrol LC6i processor and Amp. No Subwoofer for me, as the boot space is very precious for my family outings and hence cannot compromise on that
Old 23rd June 2014, 12:54   #2320
BHPian

Quote:
In my Jet too I have two sets of components (Micro precision 3.28 & 3.20 in front and back respectively) and the mids for both are in stock locations in the door. In fact I drilled out the blank tweeter covers in the rear door pads and installed the rear component's tweeters there, the front tweeters are installed in the front quarter glass panels in custom made SHOK pods. Believe you me the sound is awesome. Any chance you can get 6.5" or the OE 5" speakers and use the stock location?
Pictures of the installation please and where in Delhi did you get it done, some tips would be really helpful and useful... Would love to get the job done from a person already experienced on the same.
Old 23rd June 2014, 13:41   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
...Not sure I agree. When I drive on the hwy at around 2500 rpm, I get lower mileage than if I drive at around 1900-2000 rpm, both in 5th gear...
FE is NOT a function of rpm alone, but rather speed too. At around 2000 rpm, you should be driving at 80 kmph. Beyond this, it's natural to drop FE as the aero dynamics also come to play.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:29   #2322
BHPian

Quote:
In my Jet too I have two sets of components (Micro precision 3.28 & 3.20 in front and back respectively) and the mids for both are in stock locations in the door.
Aah, modest setup that! Have to audition your setup sir when we plan the next VK meet.

Quote:
In fact I drilled out the blank tweeter covers in the rear door pads and installed the rear component's tweeters there.
I always wondered where did you place the tweeters for the rear comps. Was shocked to find no space when we opened the door pad up in my friends Linea to install tweeters (he wanted comps in rear as his car is chauffeur driven). I personally went with coaxials in the rear (merely acting as rear fills).

Quote:
I am also not sure where should i install my Audiocontrol LC6i processor and Amp. No Subwoofer for me, as the boot space is very precious for my family outings and hence cannot compromise on that
You could place the LC6i somewhere under the front dash panel housing the audio system. Amp should ideally be mounted in the boot. You could place it under the front seats as well, if you don't want to run wires through the length of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
where in Delhi did you get it done, some tips would be really helpful and useful... Would love to get the job done from a person already experienced on the same.
You could get a quality install done at Driven (East of Kailash) or Motor Concepts (Kirti Nagar). These two places are well known and you can find various reviews in the TBHP directory as well. I personally went with Driven who has ICEd all three cars of mine (including the Punto and Linea).
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:56   #2323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
FE is NOT a function of rpm alone, but rather speed too. At around 2000 rpm, you should be driving at 80 kmph. Beyond this, it's natural to drop FE as the aero dynamics also come to play.
Of course! You've taken my reply out of context, so my post will not make sense in isolation. I was replying to the op who talked about RPM. If you notice, I did specify that the car was in fifth gear for each example quoted. Since we are specifically talking about one model only, and the TJet, comes with the same engine and transmission, the speed in fifth at a given RPM will be the same for all TJets.
Old 23rd June 2014, 14:56   #2324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
You could get a quality install done at Driven (East of Kailash) or Motor Concepts (Kirti Nagar). These two places are well known and you can find various reviews in the TBHP directory as well. I personally went with Driven who has ICEd all three cars of mine (including the Punto and Linea).
Thanks for the tips buddy. Can you let me know what all did you get installed in the Linea from Driven and the companies of the components you got installed. And if you don't mind , the approximate cost of the entire setup. Is the T-Jet iced album on Driven's FB page (having pics of the blue T-jet) of your Linea ?

Last edited by xaero : 23rd June 2014 at 15:05.
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:07   #2325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the Fiat service centres only the semi synthetic version of Selenia is available.
I was under the impression that the oil going into a T Jet engine is fully synthetic. This explains why an oil change is <2k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks