Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 20:09   #2341
BHPian

Re: Tjet Mileage video - HYD-BLR highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
I have been meaning to reply but got held up.
Me too :)

I believe you, please you don't have to put up videos to convince me!

Please tell me:
1) What was the reading on the ODO when you got this mileage?
2) Were you doing a steady speed?
3) Say you had to slow down; was your acceleration gentle to get back to speed or was it brisk?

I would find it difficult to keep rpms at 2500 or higher in second gear and onwards :( I usually shift up at around 2000 rpm in the city. Maybe that's my problem.

On highways, my problem is as nkrishnap said: it's hard to drive the TJet below or just at triple digits.
Old 1st July 2014, 20:29   #2342
BHPian

Re: Tjet Mileage video - HYD-BLR highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Me too

I believe you, please you don't have to put up videos to convince me!
I had taken that video few weeks ago so thought why not put it up so it can help others, maybe.

After slowing down, I get back to speed quickly. That's one part where I lose my patience. I shift at 4k RPM on 3rd gear and then move directly to 5th and allow the RPM to settle at 2500 from there.

Yes it is very difficult to drive it sedately. I usually do this sedate drive for the first half or more of the trip so I can "level" it out during the last couple of hundred kms. This way I get the best of both the worlds - mileage + wide grin.

My wife drives without looking at any of the driver info system, tacho or speedo and manages to get 15.5 KMPL or thereabouts on the Hyd-BLR highway and about 14 kmpl when we go south of Bangalore. I think that is also quite decent. The mileage drops below this only if you want to reach someplace in a real hurry. Atleast, that has been our experience in the last 31,000 kms with the car. We have never turned the ac off in the car, even on winter nights. It is 99% on 24 degrees except for the first few minutes on particularly hot days, when we move it to "lo" and then once cooled, move back to 24 degrees.

It will be 2 years this month, since we got introduced to the first fiat in our family and it has been an amazing experience all through - right from sales, service to the actual experience of driving the car.
ak916 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 15:45   #2343
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

So i am at a loss for words and trying to make sense of what the Fiat dealer is trying to tell me.

Just a summary:
My cousin knows the Director of the dealership and told him i have booked the jet and to see if any discounts could be possible.

Then i get a call from the sales manager that the director has informed him to take care of me and to offer me a 10k discount. I said fine.

Been asking him now and then about the VIN. He said production is slow and that they are waiting for fresh cars to roll out so that it can be given to me also saying the director has told him not to give me an old car from stock but only a new car.

Finally after 2 weeks of booking, i get the engine number and find that it is an April manufactured car. Told the SM that. He calls back asking how i found out?! Said will check with Fiat area manager and confirm.

And today i get this sms from him:

"Sir, from the chasis number it is an April month car but it is manufactured in June and it is part of production targets of different variants, especially petrol cars, month on month. Vehicle is billed to us on 28th June from plant. It is the fact, kindly accept"

What am i to make of that message?
Old 4th July 2014, 15:57   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Finally after 2 weeks of booking, i get the engine number and find that it is an April manufactured car. Told the SM that. He calls back asking how i found out?! Said will check with Fiat area manager and confirm.

"Sir, from the chasis number it is an April month car but it is manufactured in June and it is part of production targets of different variants, especially petrol cars, month on month. Vehicle is billed to us on 28th June from plant. It is the fact, kindly accept"
Nothing to worry!
I had also booked Linea MJD Emotion 10 days back, and just today I got the VIN no, the car is manufactured in April' 2014.
This is despite the car is shipped from the factory.

Spoke to the Sales Executive, he said something like Chasis no has to be invoiced 30 days in advance etc.
Anyway, if the car is manufactured 2 - 3 months prior to the purchase, it should be fine. Just ensure you do a proper PDI before you take delivery!
finneyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 16:07   #2345
Senior - BHPian

@finneyp: i would be perfectly fine with the April car if it clears pdi, but why such long winded replies when a simple answer would have sufficed is what boggled my mind
Old 4th July 2014, 16:20   #2346
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@finneyp: i would be perfectly fine with the April car if it clears pdi, but why such long winded replies when a simple answer would have sufficed is what boggled my mind
You are a BIG shot as per him (since the director has been involved) and want to make sure he convinces you (in a truthful way).
Old 4th July 2014, 16:26   #2347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
You are a BIG shot as per him (since the director has been involved) and want to make sure he convinces you (in a truthful way).
Well the more he does that the more he is confusing me :P
Old 5th July 2014, 07:07   #2348
BHPian

I think if you go to the dealership, he can show you the document which came from the transport agency. That contains the chassis number of all cars being transported on a particular consignment. But I don't think there is any reason to suspect.
Old 5th July 2014, 12:39   #2349
Senior - BHPian

The car would have been manufactured in April hence the chassis number says April but would have been billed in June hence excise would have been paid in June and therefore considered to be June manufactured (on paper).

Quote:
So i am at a loss for words and trying to make sense of what the Fiat dealer is trying to tell me.

What am i to make of that message?

Transport agency!! you have got to be kidding.

All the OP has to do is to take a look at Form 22. This is in original & is a part of each and every vehicle's essential documents and gets submitted with the RTO at the time of registration.

What it really is a certificate that corroborates the date on which the excise is paid and that would also be the invoice date (at the factory) for that vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
I think if you go to the dealership, he can show you the document which came from the transport agency.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 12:42   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

Transport agency!! you have got to be kidding.
If I am kidding, I will make sure I send you a pm henceforth so it eases your confusion.

The bill of lading can be shown by the dealer. How different is it from seeing any other document (form 22)?
Old 5th July 2014, 12:56   #2351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The car would have been manufactured in April hence the chassis number says April but would have been billed in June hence excise would have been paid in June and therefore considered to be June manufactured (on paper).
Thanks Khoj. So while the car is being registered it would be done as a June car or an April car?

And yesterday when i asked him for an update on when i can see the car, he texted the truck number in which the car is coming. Now what am i supposed to do with that?
Old 5th July 2014, 13:15   #2352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Khoj. So while the car is being registered it would be done as a June car or an April car?

And yesterday when i asked him for an update on when i can see the car, he texted the truck number in which the car is coming. Now what am i supposed to do with that?
Maybe he wants you to play Detective and chase the whereabouts of the truck
Kidding apart it is always the month car gets registered which is considered. So, if it's getting registered in June it will be treated as June manufactured for resale.
Old 5th July 2014, 13:20   #2353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So while the car is being registered it would be done as a June car or an April car?
As Khoj said, it will be based on the date of Registration, so in our case, it will be a July'2014 car
Old 5th July 2014, 17:08   #2354
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the clarification Shall update when i do the PDI
Old 5th July 2014, 17:42   #2355
BHPian

Just came back from a test drive of the T-Jet. And suddenly everything feels so slow. I was really amazed at how good the T-Jet is at masking speeds. I guess everyone has already gone over the pros and cons. So i will just discuss about a few of my observations and a few clarifications that i would like to get from the Gurus.
Has there been any comparo between the Fiesta 1.6S and the T-Jet?
I noticed that the Instantaneous Consumption computer is quiet the angry bob.It kept fluctuation across values from 3km/l to 29 km/l.
I was a big fan of independent rear suspension but then 1.6S and T-Jet proved me wrong. How have Ford and Fiat managed to extract such brilliant ride and handling out of Twist Beam setup? Is there any reliability impact on the Twist Beam. There was a recent drive by Ford to replace their rear-twist beams on some cars.
If the Maruti Ciaz skimps on the FTD factor then the T-Jet has got all my heart!!! Brilliant Car. I dont know how people turn away from this car after a TD. Somewhere inside me i am secretly hoping that Maruti Ciaz misses out on the FTD factor, because i know they can never match the finesse that I got to witness today.
PS : I am not a Maruti hater infact most of our cars starting from Esteem to the K10 have been from them, I was just speaking my heart here.
adneo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks