Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 18:18   #2371
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
So finally after almost a month of waiting, got my tjet yesterday morning To sum it up, good car bad dealership. Sigh.

Anyways what i wanted to know is has anyone changed the HU in their new linea?
My suggestion keep the stock head unit and change the speakers. Blue and me is a good feature and you'll lose steering controls.

I got rid of the cheap stock speakers and replaced with Infinity (can't remember the model number but can share later if you want) from Harman Audio. Priced around 9.2 K for front components and rear coaxials. The results are much better with deeper bass and overall clarity. They're fairly loud too.
Old 18th August 2014, 18:24   #2372
Senior - BHPian

@Kaushal: I have the Active variant which has no aux/usb/steering controls/blue&me :(
Old 19th August 2014, 14:15   #2373
BHPian

Quote:
@Kaushal: I have the Active variant which has no aux/usb/steering controls/blue&me :(
Ok! There are a few threads on T-Bhp for Linea ICE upgrades. I referred to them before deciding (was thinking of HU upgrade as well) to go only for the speaker upgrade. Maybe they'll help you out as well. Copying the links some of them.

Cheers!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ice-not-2.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...iat-linea.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...sub-added.html
Old 19th August 2014, 14:51   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushal21fb View Post
Ok! There are a few threads on T-Bhp for Linea ICE upgrades. I referred to them before deciding (was thinking of HU upgrade as well) to go only for the speaker upgrade. Maybe they'll help you out as well. Copying the links some of them.

Cheers!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ice-not-2.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...iat-linea.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...sub-added.html
You missed mine buddy

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ice-story.html
Old 19th August 2014, 21:50   #2375
Senior - BHPian

I concur with kaushal21fb. I too have kept the OE HU in my TJet+ and switched the speakers complete with a subwoofer powered by an external amplifier and the sound is amazing. For source I use either original CDs or USB sticks complete with loss less downloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushal21fb View Post
My suggestion keep the stock head unit and change the speakers. Blue and me is a good feature and you'll lose steering controls.

Quote:
Anyways what i wanted to know is has anyone changed the HU in their new linea?
Old 19th August 2014, 22:13   #2376
BHPian

I'm on the same track. I picked up a JBL MS8 to clean up the sound too. But haven't got the time or money for the install. Maybe next month.
Old 24th August 2014, 13:38   #2377

Hi everyone, I have long been smitten by the T Jet, had booked one year back but was unable to take delivery due to personal reasons. I had sold my Fabia 1.6 recently and Kashyap Fiat Delhi was offering discount of 1.5 lacs on the a T Jet pre-facelift model. Manufacturing date is Jan 2014. Color: OB, Emotion. Car is lying at their Ranjangaon plant.

Had a word with a senior manager at Fiat and he assured me that mechanically car was perfect - no need to worry as all car in storage are put through running to make sure engine and parts are running smoothly. No issue about paint deterioration either.

The big question before me: Is this deal value for money?

Will the experts in the forum advise whether I should go ahead and book?

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th August 2014, 14:34   #2378
Senior - BHPian

If the car is indeed at the Ranjangaon plant then there is no issue in picking it up. The cash discount is fair value for the outgoing model more so when it has a 2014 manufacturing date.

You may want to talk to the dealer and have the essential fluids changed prior to delivery viz the engine oil(no engine flushing just an oil and filter change) and the coolant. Another thing to check would be the possibility of rust around the various exterior rubber trims and the dealer should be on board to carry out necessary steps. You will definitely find rust on the wheel hubs as well as the brake discs. This is not a cause of concern and the rust on the discs can be removed by an experienced hand at Kashyap using a fine emery paper.

Do hold a major portion of the payment until you have physically seen the car, with the understanding that if the car is not to your liking(for genuine reasons) you will have the option of walking away with a full refund of the booking amount. In case the dealer is not agreeable for this, discuss further and get them to strengthen the deal by another 1L(in all probability they will agree to an additional 50K) as you will be bearing the risk all by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell4leather View Post
Hi everyone, I have long been smitten by the T Jet, had booked one year back but was unable to take delivery due to personal reasons. I had sold my Fabia 1.6 recently and Kashyap Fiat Delhi was offering discount of 1.5 lacs on the a T Jet pre-facelift model. Manufacturing date is Jan 2014. Color: OB, Emotion. Car is lying at their Ranjangaon plant.

Had a word with a senior manager at Fiat and he assured me that mechanically car was perfect - no need to worry as all car in storage are put through running to make sure engine and parts are running smoothly. No issue about paint deterioration either.

The big question before me: Is this deal value for money?

Will the experts in the forum advise whether I should go ahead and book?

Thanks in advance.
khoj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 15:09   #2379
BHPian

Is there any noticeable lack of power if the tjet is driven with the AC on? Read about this somewhere (cannot remember where) but wanted to confirm with owners
Old 28th August 2014, 12:28   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Is there any noticeable lack of power if the tjet is driven with the AC on? Read about this somewhere (cannot remember where) but wanted to confirm with owners
Yes buddy, there is a significant lack of power in lower gears and the car seems to be trying to pull hard when AC is on ... I have the Linea T-Jet 2011 model.
Old 28th August 2014, 13:34   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaero View Post
Yes buddy, there is a significant lack of power in lower gears and the car seems to be trying to pull hard when AC is on ... I have the Linea T-Jet 2011 model.
Oops, isnt that surprising for an engine of this size or is it an inherent feature of any petrol engine? (Dont think turbo diesels have this issue)

How does this affect driveability on the highways, especially while undertaking quick overtaking manoeuvres? This must be a pain in the city too while pottering about in lower gears
Old 28th August 2014, 13:49   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Oops, isnt that surprising for an engine of this size or is it an inherent feature of any petrol engine? (Dont think turbo diesels have this issue)

How does this affect driveability on the highways, especially while undertaking quick overtaking manoeuvres? This must be a pain in the city too while pottering about in lower gears
Even I experienced significant loss of power with ac on in the diesel linea.
Mine is also 2011 model
Old 28th August 2014, 15:03   #2383
BHPian

Quote:

The power curve is sufficient for city driving as well as highway driving, its only that if at a higher gear you plan to pull the car you cannot. Albeit, at a lower gear the AC on does not effect the overall overtaking pull , city driving and Highway driving capabilities of the car. And Yes, the low pull with A/C on is a problem with most of the petrol cars (maybe not with the 20 lakh plus category).
xaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 18:06   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
My personal take is that the ambient temperature plays a bigger role than AC. A T-jet in early morning or late evening or winters is a different animal all-together with or without AC. Now, ideally inter-cooler should take care of the high ambient temperature but this is what I have observed. At least, I don't find the impact of AC too pronounced.

Unless someone is lugging the engine for fuel-efficiency, T-jet is extremely competent on highways or hilly terrain. Even at 5th gear at 100 KMPH (limit on good expressways), one is at ~2400 RPM. A gentle tap is enough for overtaking maneuvers. I didn't face much trouble in climbing the steep roads in Himachal Pradesh. Yes, the turning radius can make it tricky in narrow and steep hair-pin bends.

In bumper to bumper traffic, the poor low-end torque can be an irritant but nothing that would make me consider selling the car.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 19:37   #2385
Senior - BHPian

So apparently the new linea has a limited period offer going on. I just got the car a month back :(

Called up the sales guy, he says its only for the diesel and no offers at present for the jet.

40k voucher + 30k insurance + 30k loyalty/exchange.

Have not really gone for a long drive yet so its all been city driving till now. Some 800 odd kms. Always with AC. It's a blast to drive, to speed, to stop, to turn.

That said, day after tomorrow have a 200km trip to Tamil Nadu planned up so the Jet should see some good empty stretches of highways.

City driving is giving me 7.6kmpl
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed