Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 00:33   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am facing a strange predictament. The temperature display for the airconditioner in our TJet is flashing for the past few days. The manual does not have anything on this and I have not been able to go to the service centre. Does any of you have any idea on this? Could it be an indicator of low battery or something completely different?
Does it happen, even after you try and change the temperature?
This happens in my Linea MJD at times as well, and AFAIK this is when the ACC is unable to maintain the set temperature.
akshay4587 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 01:00   #2477
Senior - BHPian

It happened for the first time in our Jet+ but the episode was quite long. Some one at Kashyap also said the same thing about the flashing being due to temp. variation. However we never were uncomfortable what with the system maintaining the desired/comfortable level of conditioning all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Does it happen, even after you try and change the temperature?
This happens in my Linea MJD at times as well, and AFAIK this is when the ACC is unable to maintain the set temperature.
Old 15th January 2015, 02:19   #2478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
I am facing a strange predictament. The temperature display for the airconditioner in our TJet is flashing for the past few days.
The display flashes when the system cannot guarantee the set temperature and after flashing will turn off the auto system unless reengaged. I have sourced this from the linea [lhd model] manual at Pg. 61-64 here hope its the same thing that you've been facing. Amen to what akshay has stated in the post above.

All copyrights vest in their respective owners!

Last edited by shady_lawyer : 15th January 2015 at 02:20. Reason: missed a reference.
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 14:28   #2479
BHPian

Does anybody know of a place in B'lore where the caster and camber can be corrected? When I take slow, large turns I feel some wobbling. I got the bent-rims trued out recently but I still experience the wobbling. After the trueing, I went to Madhu's where they promptly only fixed up the front wheel's toe-out.
Old 18th January 2015, 10:07   #2480
BHPian

Got an update from Fiat that the fuel was contaminated , causing an issue with the fuel pump/filter. They have replaced the fuel pump/filter under warranty , (even though they say this case is not covered under warranty)

I had filled Shell regular, and must say I am Shell-shocked (pun intended) .
Looking at the images, I get the feeling this contamination might have occurred when the car was in the lot for 6 months, and this must be dissolved/loosened up by the fuel.

I had picked up the car yesterday with the replaced fuel pump/cleaned out tank, and headed to Madhu's for a new pair of French shoes ( but made in Thailand .. aka Michelin P3ST's ) .

Immediately after, I had tanked up again from BP , but the fuel gauge showed just ~40% . I moved the car while I made the payment , and noticed water / a puddle under the filling area and assumed it must have been water. Shortly after an auto driver / tax driver informed me that there seems to be a leak from the tank , and sure enough there was a trail of drops behind the car . We stopped and called up the service folks, and the mobile service punto made its way to us about 30 minutes later. The technician lifted the seat ,and opened the covering for the tank,and checked out the fuel pump. When we moved the car, there seemed to be fuel leaking/overflowing from the top of the pump.

Now my TJet is back on its way to the service center ... again.

Any chance that these deposits could have happened over the 6 months in the yard, and they are loosening up due to fuel being filled?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_6347.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_6353.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_6437.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_6446.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_6448.jpg  

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-img_6449.jpg  

Last edited by tarunactivity : 18th January 2015 at 10:29. Reason: Adding images
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:54   #2481
BHPian

Hello!
Looking to Custom-Sticker the Tjet on the body and the rear-roll-down shade.
Any leads on who would do a good job here in Bangalore?
Old 26th January 2015, 12:22   #2482
BHPian

A big dilemma. Seems the guys at esskay are taking me for a ride. Had made the full payment on Jan 1 for linea emotion but no signs of delivery of mag grey. They kept telling fiat guys are not responding and gave an option of going for sunbeam gold which they had in Stock. The VP told me it's a July 2014 manufacturing. And that he can give me at the earlier price of 9.92 lakh although prices have now increased by 70k. I was apprehensive but then said wud want to do a pdi which I did yesterday. The vin (last 3 letters were EJZ) showed it was a may manufactured which really peeved me. Checked with the sales guy on the condition of their yard at taloja and was told it's an open yard with cars kept on lose muddy ground. The car was just washed and most of the chrome had lost its shine. The carpet was a bit dusty. Everything else although was fine except some rusting in a small portion of the front door hinges and a couple of screws plus rusting in the brake discs. Being a novice, I had taken a mechanic along who checked the engines and the liquids and test drove for a couple of 100 meters and said that there were no issues to be wary of. However I am now stuck. Should I go ahead with the purchase or can I negotiate and ask him to refund some 50 odd thousands since the car is now almost a year old. If he does not budge can I use canceling my purchase as a negotiating tactic? Please guys help me out of this muck. Have taken an employee loan of 8.5 lakh:banghead: help urgently solicited. Thanks in advance to all of you.
Old 26th January 2015, 17:55   #2483
BHPian

indiaashish - If you do not mind taking an yester year model, take this opportunity and bargain hard. You should be able to bring down the price further. Just 70K less on a May'14 model by the end of Jan'15 isn't a great deal in my personal opinion. Make up your mind to walkaway from the deal if the dealer doesn't budge. This will give you a psychological edge to bargain hard. Worst case, you might end up walking away but can go for a 2015 model.
WildInstincts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2015, 19:09   #2484
BHPian

Thanks WildInstincts. Any thoughts on strong arguments as my ammunitions for negotiations?
Old 26th January 2015, 20:18   #2485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiaashish View Post
Thanks WildInstincts. Any thoughts on strong arguments as my ammunitions for negotiations?
lol WHY would FIAT not reply to a dealer placing an order!!!

I'm surprised how you're so calm about the dealer who has quite possibly made a false promise & has enjoyed your money interest free for a month!

If I was in your place, I'd demand a new car be allotted within 3 days (& get the VIN) or demand my hard earned $$ back. Sure as hell I'd never fully pay upfront when buying a car.

Anyway, the other one is an old car, the 70k discount should atleast be on the old price! This is a May 2014 unsold model that the dealer bought for the old price, & mind you its prolly been offered & rejected many times over by buyers. I'd think 10 times rather than choose to buy such a car from a dealer who's taken me for a ride!
Old 26th January 2015, 21:10   #2486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now almost a year old. If he does not budge can I use canceling my purchase as a negotiating tactic? Please guys help me out of this muck. Have taken an employee loan of 8.5 lakh:banghead: help urgently solicited. Thanks in advance to all of you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Anyway, the other one is an old car, the 70k discount should atleast be on the old price! This is a May 2014 unsold model that the dealer bought for the old price, & mind you its prolly been offered & rejected many times over by buyers. I'd think 10 times rather than choose to buy such a car from a dealer who's taken me for a ride!
EssKay FIAT's attitude seemed okay to me- but now they seem to have turned downright disgusting. I suggest you walk out of this nonsense, (if the discounts pile up- then), I suggest you inquire under a proxy name to Torrid FIAT. They're the better dealers around.

Actually- We had planned to buy our Linea from EssKay only- but as Pandit in Pune are offering a better deal (and are MUCH better dealers), I guess I'll stick to Pandit, and register the car in MH12 RTO. I was considering buying from EssKay- and registering it in MH01/MH43 RTO. Shame that FIAT's attitude is changing- yet not changing in many cases, although this is also seen in other brands. Just yesterday, a Punto guy remarked that SkyMoto in Pune are doing an excellent job- service wise (Seems they threw in a detailing for free )

What you should do: Kick up a storm. Plain and simple. Threaten to actually go to the Police, and of course, FB Post's declaring EssKay as crooks. Write on FIAT India's FB Page, and I guess some negative publicity will actually help. Yes- do the thing in this manner- enter the showroom, shout at the SA. Tell that you're cancelling the booking. When asked why? State the obvious reasons, and threaten to go to the cops. And definitely do the FB Thing.

And see- how things fall in line. If nothing arises, cancel the booking- and buy the Ciaz ZDi DDiS200 instead. Seriously- playing with our money- and our patience- signifies a big issue with this dealer's ethics.

: You may leave the golden Jet alone- I *might* negotiate on that.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 26th January 2015 at 21:11.
Old 27th January 2015, 06:34   #2487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They kept telling fiat guys are not responding and gave an option of going for sunbeam gold which they had in Stock.
Considering all that you have written, I don't think its worth going for that old one in stock. Put your foot down and tell them categorically that you will only take a brand new car and in the colour you want. Also, do send an email to Fiat.

I hope you can wait a bit for the new car and have alternate transport arrangements.
Old 27th January 2015, 06:52   #2488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A big dilemma. ... with cars kept on lose muddy ground.... The car was just washed and most of the chrome had lost its shine. T
Better wait and insist for a new car and the colour of your choice. Write to Fiat directly. The subject car is almost 9 months old and with traces of rust, is not to be bought.
Old 27th January 2015, 09:05   #2489
BHPian

Thanks guys. What I am contemplating to do is tell esskay thay I wud take the May 2014 tjet only if he refunds me 1 lakh. Not too sure they wud agree. The problem is that if I tell them I wud take the 2015 model they would not only offer me any discount but will jack up the price further citing the new prices for 2015. In which case I may have to cancel the booking. Again that wud put me back cos these people will fall back saying the booking Amnt is not fully refundable. Since I had made up my mind of buying a tjet I did not read too much on the booking cancellation charges. Life's teaching me hard lessons :(. Shall keep you guys posted though.
Old 27th January 2015, 09:45   #2490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunactivity View Post
Any chance that these deposits could have happened over the 6 months in the yard, and they are loosening up due to fuel being filled?
Well you can't rule it out. A point to note is the car was probably standing in the yard with very little fuel in the tank. The car must have had 10l of fuel. Some from the factory and the dealer may have filled in another 5l at the most. The chances of contamination is limited at this stage though. It has possibly taken place later.

Looking at the contaminants, it looks like dried glue?

One of reasons I never run the car too low on fuel is to avoid contaminants being sucked up in to the fuel line. It is better you follow the same practise.

What was the reason for fuel to spill over from the filter housing? Not fastened enough?
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed