Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2015, 13:00   #2566
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

Thanx guys for your replies.......

Need some advice. I am actively considering a 2014 model since that will be about 80k cheaper than a 2015 make.

The manufacturing month would be between Aug-Oct.

What are the precautions that I need to take while buying? I recall a member had advised in a post on things to look at/get done before buying a vehicle which is lying in the yard. I do not recall his suggestions and have not been able to dig out the particular post.

for instance, do i get the engine oil replaced? any other suggestions.....
Old 9th April 2015, 13:17   #2567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post

Need some advice. I am actively considering a 2014 model since that will be about 80k cheaper than a 2015 make.

What are the precautions that I need to take while buying? I recall a member had advised in a post on things to look at/get done before buying a vehicle which is lying in the yard. I do not recall his suggestions and have not been able to dig out the particular post.

Hi,
This thread should help you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2015, 18:41   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopoco777 View Post

From my recent interactions with Chennai Fiat Dealers is that they are offering discounts close to 1L for Jan/Feb 2015 models, March models have not rolled out yet. So may be you could ask dealers in your location if they do offer such vehicles and if its 2015 model then it is a better deal right.
Old 10th April 2015, 18:16   #2569
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have a 2011 Linea MJD emotion(not pack). I know it sounds offbeat when I say I didn't know how to fold the rear seat backrest for boot extension in this car as I didn't bother about it all these days as I use them very very rarely in my cars. In a decade of ownership I have used it only twice in my maruti esteem but its mechanism was very obvious and never had to refer the user manual about that. But yesterday just out of curiosity I unlocked the car to look how was the arrangement in the Linea. There comes the eye-opener. No levers/knobs to pull. I checked the user manual it said there is a fastening device and I should pull it to unlock the backrests. To my surprise there was no such thing in my car. I wondered how can this happen! I checked if it was located under the headrests or somewhere else and that was when I found a different fastening device but it was below the armrests in seatback. I pulled it hard and it folded!! No. not the backrests but the seat cushions.( only the seat cushions and not the backrests but the manual said you can fold both). Now the question is how am i supposed to fold the backrests for extending the boot space? or is it not possible? but the user guide says you can.

Umesh.
Old 11th April 2015, 02:03   #2570
Senior - BHPian

The pull tabs are located in the rear parcel tray on either side. They look similar to the tab you pulled for the seat and are threaded out through two slots cut in to the parcel tray. Pull either one of the tab and it will release a lock that will allow you to move the back rest forward at that end, repeat on the other side and the entire back rest is free to be folded down. Pull the seat and flip it forward and then bring the backrest down. You may need to move the front seats a bit to allow the headrests to go in to the gap to allow the backrest to fold fully flat, alternatively you can take the head rests off and stow them separately.

Do note though the backrest fold feature does not figure in all of the Linea variants, the TJets have it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umesh Kumar61 View Post
....... Now the question is how am i supposed to fold the backrests for extending the boot space? or is it not possible? but the user guide says you can.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2015, 17:36   #2571

Friends, this is my first post after I became a Team BHPian. I was on the verge of booking a new car and I had been considering many a one till I came across the linea t-jet. One test drive and that was it. I had made my heart. But my mind!. That was when I turned to Team BHP for the expert and valuable opinion. Meawhile missed out the offer for a 2014 model 'dynamic' as I had made booking and then hesitated in proceeding further due to a desire for the 'emotion' variant. Now waiting for the 2015 model. Is PDI necessary for the 2015 year model? Please reply
Old 16th April 2015, 19:09   #2572
BHPian

Welcome to teambhp anilsdrive! and many congrats on going for a Tjet from a fellow Tjetter. It is a driver's car and am sure you would love highway runs and the addictive turbo.

A detailed PDI should always be done as you would want to ensure that all things are in place when you put that much amount of your hard earned money into purchasing any vehicle. So go ahead. Ensure that you get to do a detailed PDI prior to the vehicle going in for registration.
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 14:34   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsdrive View Post
... Is PDI necessary for the 2015 year model? Please reply
Be very thorough with your PDI , also do not hesitate in questioning them and always check back if any doubt arises, DO NOT fall prey to any kind of verbal promises by the SA/Manager (for any issue that comes up). Only part with your money when you are fully satisfied.
Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...tml#post360350
Do not forget to check the VIN and confirm the date of manufacture.

Congratulations on choosing the Tjet, do let us know as and when you take delivery. Even I had taken a TD of the jet and I was blown away.

regards.

Last edited by Blue Bird : 17th April 2015 at 14:47. Reason: added more information
Blue Bird is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 17:27   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilsdrive View Post
Meanwhile missed out the offer for a 2014 model 'dynamic' as I had made booking and then hesitated in proceeding further due to a desire for the 'emotion' variant. Now waiting for the 2015 model. Is PDI necessary for the 2015 year model? Please reply
Congrats on choosing the T-Jet and opting the 2015 emotion over the 2014 dynamic would do only good. As you get a newer, better equipped and safer car. AFAIK there is no airbag option in dynamic. Do a thorough PDI and check the VIN as well and sometimes if you press hard you would get to drive the car inside their garage. Btw are you buying from Mohandas Fiat?

Anyways, its a wonderful machine, but the turning radius might bother you in trivandrum roads. Sometimes you need to plan the U- turns more precisely,(it took me a while to get used to my multijet linea.)

Regards,
Umesh
Umesh Kumar61 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2015, 20:15   #2575
BHPian

Successfully completed 1,15,000 kms on my linea multi jet without any issues. Now planning to get TJet. Price quoted is Rs.10.67 Lacs. With all the discounts. What about the price? Good or Bad. This is Chennai Price on road.
Old 17th April 2015, 20:28   #2576
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on choosing the T-Jet and opting the 2015 emotion over the 2014 dynamic would do only good. As you get a newer, better equipped and safer car. AFAIK there is no airbag option in dynamic. Do a thorough PDI and check the VIN as well and sometimes if you press hard you would get to drive the car inside their garage. Btw are you buying from Mohandas Fiat?

Anyways, its a wonderful machine, but the turning radius might bother you in trivandrum roads. Sometimes you need to plan the U- turns more precisely,(it took me a while to get used to my multijet linea.)

Regards,
Umesh
The dynamic gets the ABS and Airbags on the Linea. It loses the chrome stuff, leather seats, ambient light on the dashboard, bigger alloys and tyres over the emotion variant.
nkrishnap is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 17:24   #2577

Quote:

Regards,
Umesh
Hello Umesh,
The dynamic variant does have driver and passenger air bags. The main difference is cruise control and 16 inch alloy wheels which only the emotion variant has. But many automobile journals recommend the dynamic variant considering value for money aspect. Yes, I am planning to take from Mohandas Fiat, Tvpm.
Regards,
Anil
Old 18th April 2015, 18:26   #2578
BHPian

I Did It!

I did it!

Never thought I'd be writing this!

Disheartened and intrigued by reports of high mileage on the T-Jet, I was determined to try and make it happen with my car. My opportunity came with a 2-day trip to Mysore the first weekend of April.

Car had ~ 13250 km. Me, wifey and kid, the other two petite, and two small overnighters in the trunk + about 8kg of goodies for folks in Mysore. A/C always on, set to 20C.

Checked tyre air pressure, filled tank at Bannerghatta Shell in Gottigere, reset the MID and started off. Avg kmpl showed ~ 6.5. After a couple of km, got on NICE Road (a divided toll road for those not in Bangalore). I kept the speed between 80 and 90 kmph, and babied the accelerator pedal with the lightest feather touch I could manage. Fortunately, traffic was light and I didn't need to overtake many slow-coach trucks.

On Mysore Road, the Avg kmpl on the MID began to climb. I got all the way to 18.9 kmpl, I kid you not! Couldn't take a pic while driving, and didn't want to pull over to do so. The experiment ended there because I had to get off at Mysore Road exit. Wonder what value it would have reached if I had kept going on NICE.

The Avg started dropping; there are multiple speed-breakers immediately after exiting NICE, and traffic was heavy. It kept dropping, to 18, 17, 16, 15, 14.5. I also lost patience and was more brisk in getting ahead of slow vehicles. All was lost once I approached Mandya. Heavy traffic, and speed-breakers every 700 meters all the way till Mysore meant fuel economy was shot. It stood at 11.75 when I reached Mysore.

I didn't care for the mileage on the way back, and when I reached Bangalore, it was at 11.2.

This proved some things for me. Under the right conditions, even with the AC on, the T-Jet can return good mileage. It also hates aggression with the pedal.

It is my suspicion that our friends in the north have these (ideal) kinds of roads and traffic conditions. For me, in and around Bangalore, with the traffic and the speed breakers, it is near impossible to get good mileage. Plus I just can't bring myself to drive like the proverbial little old lady going to church. I got a lot of flak from the wife and kid for being sedate on NICE road; they're as much used to my brisk driving style as I am. I truly believe and live my sig below.

Still I'm happy to know there's nothing wrong with my car; for a long time I had a sneaking suspicion something was wrong. Now I know it's me and the road/traffic situation, so I'm at peace!
TheTeacher is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2015, 23:10   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
For me, in and around Bangalore, with the traffic and the speed breakers, it is near impossible to get good mileage.
Hi, what is the mileage you get in Bangalore city traffic?
Old 19th April 2015, 10:12   #2580
BHPian

It's between 6 and 8 km/L for me in the city with AC on all the time. If I'm lucky and calm on the highways and _not_ on the BLR-Mysore highway, it might go all the way up to 15.
nareshov is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks