Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:54   #3331
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review

[quote=keroo1099;4944247]I have 3" Sinolyn Projectors that I got from Aliexpress over a year ago, and with a modified bracket they look as good as OE in the Linea]
Thank you for reply
I am thinking something on these lines.
Had seen bi led projector from same guy installed in Ertiga and it was awesome. I was thinking of i can install it in Linea
Old 15th December 2020, 12:41   #3332
BHPian

Need quick advice from the pros here. My Tjet's passenger side drawer lid needs a little repair. The plastic area has become very sticky. I tried cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, but as the picture tells you - it hasn't worked. I want to know if there's any DIY technique to get it back to its original state. Or do I replace the cover. If yes, then that will mean removing the airbag, which again is a slightly complicated process.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20201215-12.17.21-pm.jpeg
Old 15th December 2020, 17:12   #3333
BHPian

[quote=meples;4955151]Need quick advice from the pros here. My Tjet's passenger side drawer lid needs a little repair. The plastic area has become very sticky. I tried cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol, but as the picture tells you - it hasn't worked. I want to know if there's any DIY technique to get it back to its original state. Or do I replace the cover. If yes, then that will mean removing the airbag, which again is a slightly complicated process.

You can find the solution for sticky dashboard online. The cheapest alternate would be to get a black or carbon fibre vinyl wrap over the area. Easily available @ Amazon
Old 15th December 2020, 22:05   #3334
BHPian

You can find the solution for sticky dashboard online. The cheapest alternate would be to get a black or carbon fibre vinyl wrap over the area. Easily available @ Amazon[/quote]

Thanks for the prompt response, sir! I searched a lot online and found a few informative videos - but they all suggest doing different things and buying stuff which isn't easily available here. Having said this, I think I found the solution

A plastic scraper - in my case, an expired credit card, a microfiber cloth, isopropyl alcohol (taking my chances again) and most importantly, lots of patience.

I sat myself in the passenger seat again and this time I slowly started scraping the area, one small section at a time. I think the residue/gunk is coming off easily this time. I will show the results shortly.

I'm hoping this will work. Wish me luck!
Old 16th December 2020, 15:06   #3335
BHPian

This is what it looks like now. After more than 2 hours of work, the coating is gone, so is gooey sticky stuff from top. It's smooth to the touch now. Overall, I'm happy but there are still some very minute areas which I need to smoothen out.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-whatsapp-image-20201216-2.09.14-pm.jpeg
meples is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 17:14   #3336
BHPian

Anyone faced problem with HVAC air flow? Mine does not seem to direct air thru main vents except when started directly from "Off" switch. Any attempted change, it throws air from windscreen area or foot area and pressing the direction button does not help. i have to switch off and restart the car to get airflow from main vents again. previous owner had changed the HVAC wiring earlier. I dont have any more information on the repair carried out then.
Old 4th January 2021, 15:16   #3337
BHPian

7 years completed today. 55k on the odometer
Latest reading - 553XX.

Positives after 7 years -
  • Great build quality. Door closing, suspension feel, ride quality. All superlative.
    Leather seats are of good quality. Look and feel awesome even now.
    Engine is one of the strong features for Tjet.
    16 Inch rims with wide tyres lends wonderful stance and do wonders in imperfect roads. 4 wheel disc brake was a masterstroke by FIAT.
    Looks are royal. This beauty is ageless.
    Light on pocket to maintain till now. Fingers crossed.

Negatives down the line -
  • A bit cumbersome to manage in tight spots. A C2 segment sedan measured 4.5 m plus in 2010. Does wonders for looks but not much while manoeuvring.
    Turning radius is more.
    Length to space ratio is not good. For average height people, it isn't an issue though.
    Some fit/finish issues. Few parts are below par.
    Wheel alignment is very sensitive. You got it done once a bit wrong. It will take multiple sessions to correct. Mine is still not perfect after it was messed up a bit in late 2019.

Yearly service is pending and will get it done either this month or next.

Got it detailed couple of weeks ago from 3M - Mankar Chowk near my place.

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-c7316b2eefd0417f94fa5c551d75f063.jpeg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-40e9119492d544ea90f4eb51c7c5abb3.jpeg

Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-ac78a169a7754882b87d0f62a8d96e8a.jpeg

Taken sometime during lockdown (when it was out for weekly grocery shopping).
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-541aebe3ad49408280cf7b97791728b0_1_201_a.jpeg

As if the year 2020 wasn't bad enough. The first challan for Linea. Speed limit violation.
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-b390221dac554a73aa5b6b4a6733df72_1_201_a.jpeg

I still try to catch a glimpse of my Tjet after parking it. This is from Menavali near Wai. Tjet's first highway drive of new year.
Fiat Linea T-Jet : Test Drive & Review-638517e0d3de4c25a218b31acafd88a2_1_201_a.jpeg
abhi_tjet is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 15:10   #3338
BHPian

How's the availability of spares for a 2014 tjet? Is it advisable to pick one up now? What would be a good price for car with less than 40k km?
Old 2nd May 2021, 18:24   #3339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
How's the availability of spares for a 2014 tjet? Is it advisable to pick one up now? What would be a good price for car with less than 40k km?
Spare part availability is pretty much ok. However, it also depends on where you live. Getting parts sourced in Pune or Mumbai will be relatively easier.

Regarding picking a Tjet in 2021, it again depends. I will advise against it if you are a first time buyer or newbie driver. You may need to invest your time in keeping it spic and span.

For price, I suppose 4.5 lac is a realistic figure if it’s in mint condition.
abhi_tjet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:43   #3340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
For price, I suppose 4.5 lac is a realistic figure if it’s in mint condition.
4.5 L for a 2014 Fiat? That's like a Fiat enthusiast selling to another. In 2019, a brand new Linea Tjet was on sale at 8.3 L OTR Mumbai. Like you, even I don't suggest to buy a Fiat if you haven't owned one before. Parts can be sourced till there is Jeep. However, keep in account that maintaining a Tjet isn't a cheap affair. I would say, 2 L if the Tjet is in good condition and not abused. Keep a lakh aside for spares etc for a long ownership.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 06:47   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Is this a pre face-lift or post?.

Of all the cars I have owned, my 2014 facelifted Jet has been the most trouble free so far. Yes, parts are expensive compared the competition but worth every paisa considering the grin it puts on my face. Regularly used items are available either from trusted shops or from FASS. Any hard to get part can be ordered from FASS, but you have to be patient. My car has been maintained from day one by a trusted FNG and I have never regretted bringing the Fiat home.

If you do decide to get the Jet you might want to consider shifting to fully synthetic oil, and if it's the facelifted version you have to invest and get the original Low GC struts and coils to truly enjoy the car. A remap and bigger IC takes it to another level.

My IDV in Bangalore is about 4.25L, but the resale in MH should be less.

Good luck.
keroo1099 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 18:11   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
4.5 L for a 2014 Fiat? That's like a Fiat enthusiast selling to another. In 2019, a brand new Linea Tjet was on sale at 8.3 L OTR Mumbai.
Not sure about Mumbai, here in Namma Bengalooru, the asking prices are very high, even for a Fiat.
There is this dealer selling a 3 yr. old T-jet which I was interested in, he's quoting around 6.5L and wouldn't budge below that.
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:04   #3343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
Is this a pre face-lift or post?.

Of all the cars I have owned, my 2014 facelifted Jet has been the most trouble free so far. Yes, parts are expensive compared the competition but worth every paisa considering the grin it puts on my face. Regularly used items are available either from trusted shops or from FASS. Any hard to get part can be ordered from FASS, but you have to be patient. My car has been maintained from day one by a trusted FNG and I have never regretted bringing the Fiat home.

If you do decide to get the Jet you might want to consider shifting to fully synthetic oil, and if it's the facelifted version you have to invest and get the original Low GC struts and coils to truly enjoy the car. A remap and bigger IC takes it to another level.

My IDV in Bangalore is about 4.25L, but the resale in MH should be less.

Good luck.

Well its a facelifted model. 2014 with 38k on the odo. The car seems to be in mint condition with the owner asking for 4L. Went through 99rpm. Was shocked to see that the components for tjet are priced at a premium of 3-5X times the mid or fire. Are the tjet parts imported?
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:17   #3344
BHPian

Quote:
Went through 99rpm. Was shocked to see that the components for tjet are priced at a premium of 3-5X times the mid or fire. Are the tjet parts imported?
Yes, I think a lot of the mechanical items are imported (spark plugs, brake pads, clutch, maybe alternator), as well as certain chrome trim pieces.
Old 3rd May 2021, 19:51   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCherry View Post
Not sure about Mumbai, here in Namma Bengalooru, the asking prices are very high, even for a Fiat.
There is this dealer selling a 3 yr. old T-jet which I was interested in, he's quoting around 6.5L and wouldn't budge below that.
In general, prices of pre owned cars in cities like Bengaluru and Pune command a higher price as compared to Mumbai. Just 3-4 months ago, a guy picked up a 2019 Linea Tjet (less than 10K KMs) for some 5L. He had bought it at 8.5L from Landmark as new. Linea Tjet is expensive to maintain and best is to buy it pre owned. Easily one can negotiate with Fiat cars and get it for half the quoted price
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks