Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 17:49   #1531
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
To the owners of 4x4 Yeti, have anyone had any issues with the ground clearance of 180 while doing (at least) moderate off-roading? And any idea when the new model Skoda Yeti outdoor is headed our way? Out of curiosity, have any 4x4 Skoda Yeti owners done any off-roading? If yes, appreciate if you could share your experiences.
No problems with GC. It's the same as the Scorpio. Being a short chassis vehicle it leaps over those larger well banked speed breakers quite easily where longer vehicles will scrape.
I've taken it mildly off the road in Coorg and Ooty and it's behaved exceedingly well.

I had put some pics out on my Yeti owner thread some time back.

It is a strong, well built, well engineered, comfy, reasonably luxurious and safe car. I like it a lot compared to anything else one gets here in India around that price point.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 18:19   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
To the owners of 4x4 Yeti, have anyone had any issues with the ground clearance of 180 while doing (at least) moderate off-roading? And any idea when the new model Skoda Yeti outdoor is headed our way? Out of curiosity, have any 4x4 Skoda Yeti owners done any off-roading? If yes, appreciate if you could share your experiences.
I have not done off roading in the strictest sense of the term but it has behaved exceedingly well on non existent roads with foot deep truck tracks. Similarly no issues on fine sandy tracks.
Carcrazy60 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 22:51   #1533
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
To the owners of 4x4 Yeti, have anyone had any issues with the ground clearance.....
I have driven my Yeti on many roads that qualify as more than moderate off-roading, and never really had any issues with the ground clearance. In fact one of the biggest advantages I have seen in my (almost) 3 years of ownership is Yeti's sedan like driving manners combined with the go-anywhere capability of a SUV.
xoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 23:21   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shankar Balan, CarCrazy and Xoom. Sounds like 180mm cuts it just fine, without issues. Glad to note that.

Eagerly waiting to hear about the 2014 Yeti models that will come to India next year (I hope).

Shankar Balan, i'll take a look at the photos, thanks.
Old 29th November 2013, 07:19   #1535
BANNED

The new refreshed and recently face lifted models don't look quite as good as the classic first release. Mainly because they have lost that nice distinctive face with the flowing headlamps and the round fog lamps with that uniquely moulded front facia. I prefer the original any day.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th November 2013 at 07:20.
Old 30th November 2013, 09:53   #1536
BHPian

Apologies if this has been asked before- has anyone enough experience to compare the ride quality of the Yeti to the Duster?

I tried the Duster (passenger seat) over a journey of some 300 kilometers and found its ride quality to be very good. The Duster just ate the bumps and potholes.

I haven't had the opportunity to be in a Yeti over a comparative distance, so any informed advice would be great.

As a side note, I need to make a purchase decision on the next month. Head says Duster or the Terrano, heart says Yeti, but not sure if the extra lakhs can justify the latter.
Old 30th November 2013, 18:02   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Head says Duster or the Terrano, heart says Yeti, but not sure if the extra lakhs can justify the latter.
Go with what your heart says mate, your head will agree too once you own a Yeti. I have driven the Duster (and own a Yeti), and can tell you for sure that the ride quality in the Yeti is superior. And yes, the extra lakhs actually is buying you a car in a segment above the Duster - so go for it.
Old 30th November 2013, 18:35   #1538
BANNED

Yes. I have driven a Duster around Bangalore for a bit (read really bad roads).

My daily driver these last two years has been a Yeti.

The Yeti is superior in more or less every way possible except 'size' and hence justifies it's cost.

However, because of this very reason, I would tend to use a Duster nice and hard on account of its less expensive nature and would tend to 'baby' the Yeti more on account of its more expensive nature.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 30th November 2013 at 18:36.
Old 30th November 2013, 23:59   #1539
Distinguished - BHPian

Didn't BBC's Top Gear do some crazy stunt with a guy getting tattoos on the back seat of a Yeti and Rangerover, while they were being driven off-road, to show that the Yeti had the smoothest ride? If it can beat a Rangerover, I wouldn't have thought a Duster would have much chance.

~
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 21:31   #1540
BHPian

Hello BHPIANS, after 4 years of deliberation, I finally took the plunge to book Yeti (4x4,Elegance) , and it was delivered on Friday, November 29th.
A complete and new ownership review is pending on my side, to explain how I jumped from ZEN to YETI, with 4 yrs and 4 cars in between to realize the dream.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131201_213039.png
Views: 1420
Size:  587.8 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131201_213052.png
Views: 1370
Size:  463.4 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131201_213103.png
Views: 1403
Size:  502.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20131201_213113.png
Views: 1379
Size:  451.8 KB
harishpr is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2013, 21:44   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Hello BHPIANS, after 4 years of deliberation, I finally took the plunge to book Yeti (4x4,Elegance) , and it was delivered on Friday, November 29th. A complete and new ownership review is pending on my side, to explain how I jumped from ZEN to YETI, with 4 yrs and 4 cars in between to realize the dream.
Welcome to the Yeti club. A rugged little powerful beastie. You will enjoy every km as I and others have done.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:34   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The new refreshed and recently face lifted models don't look quite as good as the classic first release. Mainly because they have lost that nice distinctive face with the flowing headlamps and the round fog lamps with that uniquely moulded front facia. I prefer the original any day.
Hi Shankar. In my opinion, the facelift isn't bad (outdoor version is what I was keen on). And their new logo enabled facia and grill look neat too. What makes me think twice is the mention in last month's AutoCar India that localisation in next model will be more for a more aggressive price tag AND the topend diesel elegance might come with a DSG. That makes me think that I should probably take the current elegance with a yummy discount when the new model comes in and enjoy the best of both worlds (no-dsg & high discounts).

But another part of me has begun thinking why spend so much on a vehicle which will end up spending more than 80% of its time stuck in bangalore's traffic. Investing 20+ lacks to be stuck in traffic isn't making economic sense. Driving holidays are going to be very few and far between, to be plonking so much money. It's weird I even have this thought because I normally think with my heart rather than my head. But this new thought is also making sense to me. Gotta fight it hard I guess. Will be keenly watching the new Yeti's arrival and take a call.

Quote:
Hello BHPIANS, after 4 years of deliberation, I finally took the plunge to book Yeti (4x4,Elegance) , and it was delivered on Friday, November 29th.
A complete and new ownership review is pending on my side, to explain how I jumped from ZEN to YETI, with 4 yrs and 4 cars in between to realize the dream.
That's an interesting jump, from the perspective of both vehicle and economy. Will be interesting to read, I presume.

Good luck with your Yeti and wish you have a troublefree and positively memorable ownership. Maybe it's just me but I'm unable to make out if it is the aqua mist color or silver.
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:39   #1543
BHPian

Congrats harishpr. That is the only Car I would put my money on, if I had that kind of money. It is beautiful, elegant and loaded with features. A very capable SUV. Look forward to your ownership thread.
Old 2nd December 2013, 19:38   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations harishpr! I am sure you will enjoy every bit of it. Glad you went for the Elegence trim. I purchased 4x2 and hence no Elegance trim is available. None the less, I do believe that Elegance is the the right trim to buy.

If you have not purchased already, do get those 3D mats. They are useful.
samyboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 03:42   #1545
BANNED

Quote:
Hello BHPIANS, after 4 years of deliberation, I finally took the plunge to book Yeti (4x4,Elegance) , and it was delivered on Friday, November 29th. A complete and new ownership review is pending on my side, to explain how I jumped from ZEN to YETI, with 4 yrs and 4 cars in between to realize the dream.
Welcome aboard!
It's a lovely vehicle which you will enjoy using.
All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks