Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 00:36   #1606
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Mate. Too much thinking never did anyone any good. Analysis Paralysis.
If you like something then reach out and get it, else you will regret not having done so.
The Yeti is a super vehicle. It just is an extremely clever car. The only other car that appeals to me quite so much, frankly is the Honda Jazz for its cleverness.

I have liked the Yeti since Skoda launched it here and have always wondered why it is so underrated. That quirky design appeals to me in a weird way but reviewers have always cited the car as an all-round performer. I still reminisce of this pic from Autocar whenever anyone mentions the Yeti:

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-35_news_lge.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Munjal View Post
To talk about - I just did a 2000+ Kms ride in three days on my two wheeler and incidentally my bike also has a DSG. Not that I am lazy, its just makes your like simpler.
Which is this bike that you speak of?

Quote:
Me too. I've just crossed 2 years and 21K. The vehicle will probably reach its 4 year age mark and just may have hit 40-50 K.
Any major reliability and/or maintenance issues?

Quote:
Now show up in Vinayak with your super quote from Tafe. Meet Hemanth there, give him my reference and see if he can match or better the quote. Basically what do you have to lose?
This. I like it!
Old 20th January 2014, 06:23   #1607
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Any major reliability and/or maintenance issues? it!
None whatsoever, except minor nigglies.You can see my various replies on this and other Yeti threads including my Silver LittleBigFoot thread.
Old 20th January 2014, 10:27   #1608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Which is this bike that you speak of?
The first bike in the world to use a Dual Clutch transmission: Honda VFR1200F.
A sports tourer which would munch miles by the twist of your wrist. "V4" 1237cc engine, combined ABS (front & rear) and a shaft drive with DCT.
The technology involved in the mean machine is Mamothic.

You can fetch the details from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_VFR1200F
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dscn0059.jpg  

Rahul Munjal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2014, 19:11   #1609
Distinguished - BHPian

I recall there was a discussion some time back on this thread on whether the Yeti has brake wear indicators to indicate when the brake pads have worn down to a certain level to require replacement. I can confirm yes on this as I have seen the replaced brake pads on mine (pic attached) which shows the sensor in the brake pad which indicates when the brake pad has worn down to the max level and needs to be replaced immediately. Such a sensor is present in one brake pad per wheel (out of two).
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-20140119_144725.jpg
Old 20th January 2014, 19:34   #1610
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I recall there was a discussion some time back on this thread on whether the Yeti has brake wear indicators to indicate when the brake pads have worn down to a certain level to require replacement. I can confirm yes on this as I have seen the replaced brake pads on mine (pic attached) which shows the sensor in the brake pad which indicates when the brake pad has worn down to the max level and needs to be replaced immediately. Such a sensor is present in one brake pad per wheel (out of two).
Attachment 1194139
When I had tried to activate the brake wear sensor through VCDS on my Yeti, it instantly told me to change my brakes. And my car has run almost 10k since then, so I'm confused now.
Old 20th January 2014, 21:35   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Now show up in Vinayak with your super quote from Tafe. Meet Hemanth there, give him my reference and see if he can match or better the quote. Basically what do you have to lose?
As expected - no call or follow-up from TAFE. Sometimes I wonder if this is god giving me a warning to stay away from Skoda. Anyways, heart has fallen for the abominable snowman and there is little head can do now! Can you please PM me a contact? PS: I have already got a quote from Mr.Rajkumar at Vinayak Skoda. Hope this wont be a problem. To be fair, Rajkumar was the "best" within the bunch I have encountered at Skoda so far! Thanks once again Shankar for your timely responses - highly appreciated.
Old 21st January 2014, 14:47   #1612
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if I am the only one who is happy that Skoda won't be plonking any DSG on the Yeti. That's good news, for me.

After reading reports of the new Yeti and checking out current model-closing offers, may take a decision on the Yeti. Haven't been more keen for the AutoExpo event, ever.
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:30   #1613
Team-BHP Support

I think ours is one the fastest Yeti* in clocking miles. Has reached the 40K milestone and no squeaks, rattles to speak of and touchwood, no Skoda issues as well.

Will update about the service experience by February.

[Running will lessen as another SUV is being added to garage on 4th Feb. A workhorse - Scorpio VLX 2 WD]

* Purchased on 5-11-'12

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd January 2014 at 16:43.
Old 23rd January 2014, 18:13   #1614
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post
As expected - no call or follow-up from TAFE. Sometimes I wonder if this is god giving me a warning to stay away from Skoda. Anyways, heart has fallen for the abominable snowman and there is little head can do now! Can you please PM me a contact? PS: I have already got a quote from Mr.Rajkumar at Vinayak Skoda. Hope this wont be a problem. To be fair, Rajkumar was the "best" within the bunch I have encountered at Skoda so far! Thanks once again Shankar for your timely responses - highly appreciated.

Just go to Palace Orchards Vinayak Skoda Showroom and ask to meet Hemanth the GM. Say I have referred you to him and that you're a TBHP member. He will look after you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddis_dude View Post

Sorry for the late response. I'm not in the country right now.
Go to Vinayak Skoda in Palace Orchards and ask for Hemanth the GM. Mention my reference and that you're a TBHP member. He will look after you

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd January 2014 at 21:26. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT/MULTI-QUOTE within 30 minutes of posting.
Old 24th January 2014, 21:03   #1615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I think ours is one the fastest Yeti* in clocking miles. Has reached the 40K milestone and no squeaks, rattles to speak of and touchwood, no Skoda issues as well.

Will update about the service experience by February.

[Running will lessen as another SUV is being added to garage on 4th Feb. A workhorse - Scorpio VLX 2 WD]

* Purchased on 5-11-'12
I am giving you competition. Touched 51k. Purchased Aug 2012.
Old 28th January 2014, 13:48   #1616
Senior - BHPian

YETI on the loose on SNOW!
Took the Yeti to his natural home turf - the Himalayas again, only this time, its snowy and lots of it. All his elusive traits and tricks came loose on his trail of the snow mountains. Where others struggled to cope with the slippery and thickness of the snow on the roads, the Yeti didn't even sweat, riding like a hovercraft on the snow while still maintaining decent speed. A steep downward slippery slope? No Worries! Press the off-road mode button, neutral gear, rest your foot and there he went hugging down the road-less path slowly but confidently crawling down to safety. And because he is medium sized and athletic, he can comfortably squeezed himself into tight, narrow lanes on the roads less traveled. He took us to various hideouts and scenery where few humans (and commerce) had been to.

While driving upwards from Chail to Kufri (on our way to Narkanda), had a narrow escape when the Yeti was doing around 60 kmph and suddenly after the blind spot, there was a narrow icy curved turn, and even worst, few cars were parked on each opposite sides (where they were enjoying snow throwing). And not to forget, there is a deep gorge on the other side. Braked hard before the cornering but it was a bit late, it lost traction and slide sideways. Luckily, the ASR (traction control) kicked in and stopped the spinning wheels, corrected the steering and narrowly avoid slamming the cars on the sides. The Yeti had been a savior and just saying it would be an understatement.

Got a mileage of 14.5 kmpl (Delhi to Narkanda) and 19.7 kmpl (Narkanda to Delhi). The later higher number is due to mostly downhill drive. Total distances covered in 2 days (last weekend) ~950 kms.

Some rare pics of Yeti on Snow:
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0307.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0311.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-dsc_0210.jpg

Last edited by iTNerd : 28th January 2014 at 14:15.
iTNerd is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 18:51   #1617
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Press the off-road mode button, neutral gear, rest your foot and there he went hugging down the road-less path slowly but confidently crawling down to safety.
Lovely pictures.

BTW, you drove downhill in neutral?
Old 28th January 2014, 19:05   #1618
Senior - BHPian

iTNerd, those are some fantastic snaps and a great account of your experience. Did sound scary but the Yeti proved what a life saver it was, with all those gadgetry that some people always dismiss quickly. What a fantastic little vehicle.

People who have the top end elegance with all safety kit and 4x4 are indeed a very fortunate group of individuals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Lovely pictures.
I guess one is required to do that when off-road feature is engaged for use.

Last edited by k_ajay : 28th January 2014 at 19:06. Reason: Adding a response to anandpadhye's post.
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2014, 19:17   #1619
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Lovely pictures.

He was using hill descent control which activates automatically. I usually use 1st gear with it, but I guess it works fine in neutral too.
Old 28th January 2014, 19:24   #1620
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I would think hill descent control should be used in gear (1st or at the most 2nd).
What does Skoda recommend? in owner manual?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks