Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2014, 08:18   #1711
BHPian

The 60K servicing and checkup was done on my Yeti was done last month.
Oil - 4K, Connecting link - 1.6K, filters 3.2K, bulb - Rs.75/-, A spare set if wipers to keep on hand - 2K odd, and a few small etc's.
Labour - 3.5K, Avoidable washing and cleaning - 2K

Had a suspicion about suspension noise in the rear, which they checked, and changed a connecting link. Also an orang'ish indicator lit up the morning we drove to the service centre, which, they said was some bulb failure.

I too had an AC problem at around 45K, which was rectified under warranty at periodic service. And it resulted in a better experience than when I got the vehicle new. And at 61K the AC is still very good.

Took the vehicle for alignment and balancing immediately after the service and discovered that they hadn't really washed the undercarriage or inside the bonnet. Which naturally leads me to suspect whether they've really fulfilled all the point checks in the service procedure. I may be being unjust because wash and work are two sections.

I may also have made a mistake buying Hankook tyres when the originals wore out around 38K, because the ride experience hasn't really been that good on the changed tyres.

Personally the only really bad thing I can point out is the windshield glass getting cloudy in rains. Tried to clean it, still trying, but the wiper trails keep surfacing. If you could advice me on ridding these trails, I'd be much obliged.

On our estate roads, a higher ground clearance may have offered a better ride over the brush and stones, but I guess there are reasons why it's not so.
I've no real regrets, and am quite satisfied with my Yeti. A tad worried about service though, just a worry, nothing really worrisome.
Old 3rd August 2014, 10:23   #1712
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I got the service done yesterday. Total bill was around 17k. Front tie rods changed. however a note that i will have go suspension overhaul in next service (bushes are wearing out but it should work for now). It will cost around 40-45k for suspension overhaul without socker changes.
Now a few questions as i will be above 80k in my next service?
1. How much is the shock life?
2. How about timing belt interval and cost?
3. Clutch overhaul typical interval and cost?
4. I saw a note in service book about haldex coupling oil to be changed at 60k? I inquired the service center and they had no idea about this as they never done it before. There were confusion on quantity to be used and hence i asked them not to do it this time around. ON checking workshop manual it seems it will take 1 ltr approx and cost is about 2100 INR. Anyone got it done before? What are the negatives of not getting it changed at 60k
Old 5th August 2014, 12:00   #1713
Senior - BHPian

2014 Skoda Yeti facelift to be launched in India on September 10

The facelifted Skoda Yeti showcased earlier at the Auto Expo is set to be launched in India on September 10. This is the first time Skoda’s gentle monster undergoes a revamp for the Indian market since its launch in 2011.

On the outside, the Yeti gets the new Skoda logo and sheds whatever little ruggedness it earlier commanded for a more corporate look associated with the marquee. The headlamps are now angular, the grille has become wider and the bumper is also new. The fog lamps are now more elongated than the round ones in the old Yeti. A choice of new alloy wheels will also be offered. At the rear, the lights will also be revised.

Inside the cabin the quality of materials is expected to get more premium. Skoda is also expected to add more features to the Yeti’s kitty. Under the hood, we assume the SUV will have the same engines which power the outgoing car – the 2.0 TDI engine in the 105 and 140PS guise. While the former will be a front wheel drive, the latter is an all-wheel drive. There is also talk of an automatic transmission being introduced in the Yeti though assuming the manual to be standard is a safe bet right now.

With the upgrade, things might look up for Skoda’s meek mountain man which had failed to catch on in the market due to cheaper alternatives offering more features. Skoda might price the new Yeti in the same range as the outgoing one in order to keep competition tight.

SOURCE - OVERDRIVE - LINK BELOW
http://overdrive.in/news/2014-skoda-...-september-10/

PS - mods, I'm not sure if there is already a thread running on this topic. If so, please feel free to merge or delete
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-skodayeti2.jpg  

adimicra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:26   #1714
BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Yeti facelift to be launched in India on September 10

A DSG auto option will be really welcome. Otherwise the sales will continue in the same vein as earlier. When will manufacturers provide options that people want and not what they want to sell?
Old 5th August 2014, 17:41   #1715
Senior - BHPian

I was told if you changed your Comp Valve and then the compressor went bad you would get a new compressor. But if you don't let them change the valve and later on if the compressor fails you have to pay for it.
So hope they have replaced your compressor by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
Another bad experience with Skoda ASC, last month I went to get the 3rd service after 45,000 kms of my Yeti. During the service they changed the AC value

The question I asked them why do they have to change the value at first place since I have been driving yeti for 2.5 years and had never complained even once on AC performance.

Do you guys know anyone at Skoda who can help me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_i View Post
If the compressor and value both are to be changed so why didn't they do it together at first place. What I understand from service engineer is that as per their procedure if there is oil colour has changed then only they are recommending to change the compressor and in all other cases they will only replace value.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:14   #1716
PPS
Senior - BHPian

According to Economic Times, the Yeti facelift will be more expensive than before! It may get more features as reported in the article but the pricing will ensure that the Yeti remains a flop product!
It looks slightly less quirky than before but the Octavia would be my pick. Not sure if the Octavia has long waiting periods still but if it does then perhaps Skoda expects some percentage of bookings to switch over to the Yeti facelift.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...efore/39729372
Old 11th August 2014, 23:05   #1717
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
I was told if you changed your Comp Valve and then the compressor went bad you would get a new compressor. But if you don't let them change the valve and later on if the compressor fails you have to pay for it.
So hope they have replaced your compressor by now.

I had an aircon problem again. 3 times in 3 years. And was out of the 3 year warranty. Autobahn replaced the compressor without cost once I emailed Skoda India MD.
Old 12th August 2014, 00:39   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
I had an aircon problem again. 3 times in 3 years. And was out of the 3 year warranty. Autobahn replaced the compressor without cost once I emailed Skoda India MD.
You don't have to email the Skoda India MD - if the replacement is part of a Service Campaign, they will change the part regardless of warranty coverage - PROVIDED your service history with Skoda is clean.
Old 17th August 2014, 22:02   #1719
BHPian

Finally got my Yeti back with the DMF and the coil in the steering wheel replaced under warranty. I did have to pay for the brake oil change though. Car is running well again.
Old 27th August 2014, 19:09   #1720
Senior - BHPian

My Yeti was with Skoda for 3 days for the replacement of AC compressor valves under warranty. The compressor itself was not replaced, as they said, it is not required in my case. They said, if the compressor oil is not black, there is no need for compressor change. In my invoice, 3 parts were mentioned:

1. Some sticker (for the compressor I suppose)
2. AC Compressor valves
3. Some Oil for the AC

I can feel a drastic change in the effectiveness of AC. Now I can just put to 24/25 auto and it cools effectively. Previously I had to dial down to 21 or 22 to get decent cooling in afternoon in manual mode (fan speed max) and then switch to auto mode to maintain the temp. Another irritating issue I experienced earlier was the foul smell filtering into the cabin in the default auto-circulation mode. So, I always had doubt if the auto-circulation mode works. I had to switch manually to inside-circulation to prevent the foul smell. But with new replacement, it seems like the auto-circulation mode now actually works as it was intended to be. feeling happy at least for now.

One funny incident happened while taking delivery. I was waiting in the lounge and the supervisor brought the car outside the service center, and I signed the gate pass and inspected the AC inside with the supervisor. I was just about to drive off, then came to my mind to check if the spare tyres and other tools at the rear were intact. And I was having a brief check on the paint, for any dents etc around the car, when I suddenly saw the front of my car..

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_1286_1.jpg

yup.. no grill! I was How can they forgot to put it back? and none of their staffs noticed it was missing. If I didn't inspect the front, I would have to shell out few thousands for it. I took a photo from my phone, and the supervisor got scared to death, thinking I would escalate it to the higher management. Anyway, they fixed the grill. But this lapse on their part puts a dent on the overall experience

Last edited by iTNerd : 27th August 2014 at 19:17.
iTNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 14:43   #1721
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Pic from the media drive at Srinagar.

Source: https://twitter.com/halley_27/status...058368/photo/1
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-yet.jpeg
PPS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 16:44   #1722
BHPian

Pictures uploaded by Overdrive @
http://overdrive.in/news/2014-skoda-...ia-first-look/

Have not got details of trim levels and other specifications. Company's website is also not updated. May be they have announced 10th September as the launch date so website will be updated on 10th.

Interestingly I had called up local dealership here in Ahmedabad in the morning and I was told that Yeti will be launched in the month of October.

Last edited by rutvij : 1st September 2014 at 16:47.
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2014, 17:34   #1723
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
Have not got details of trim levels and other specifications. Company's website is also not updated. May be they have announced 10th September as the launch date so website will be updated on 10th.
Exterior looks great, but sad to see that they have retained the glossy faux wood panels. And they should have really thought of bringing the DSG variant with this facelift.
Old 1st September 2014, 17:36   #1724
Team-BHP Support

So looks like the Xenons and DRLs, the TPMS, and the electric drivers seat with memory is added. Nice additions, though I would have loved to see the DSG even if it was with the 140bhp engine.
Old 1st September 2014, 20:55   #1725
Team-BHP Support

While I like the new family looks of the Skoda, the earlier iteration had a charm of its own. It appeared quirky, different & unique.

Which button is between the traction control & off-road button?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks