Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2015, 15:27   #1771
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hi,

Need guidance from the Yeti users.
I am looking for a used 4x4 variant of Yeti in Delhi NCR, and need assistance on following aspects.

1) Aside from generic tests before buying a used car, what else should I look for while inspecting a Yeti.

2)Have been noticing the VCDs diagnostics, please let me know what is this, is this some kind of ECU diagnostics, and how can I do it.

3) I noticed in the brochure that all the "Off road assistance" like "Hill Descent, Drive off assistant, Off-Road ABS, Off-Road ASR, Off-Road TCS, and Off-Road EDL aren't available in the Ambience version. How important are these features for off-roading. And can they be installed afterwards easily by several sensors or its not feasible?

4)Also what could be the expected price for a 2 yr old 30000kms driven Ambiente Yeti 4x4.

Regards
Harish
Old 15th January 2015, 15:46   #1772
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Raghav

Some things you should lookout for when searching for a used Yeti:
1) No major accidents and service history
2) No unusual sounds from suspension and tyres should be OE size
3) Ac effectiveness, as AC compressor in Yeti is a common failure point

VCDS is a cable & software which helps tweak some features of VW group cars. The original VCDS cable from Ross Tech costs above 25k in India.
Off road TCS etc are more advanced features in the Elegance variant and useful only in extreme conditions. The 4x4 Ambiente variant is fine for most conditions. Retrofitting Offroad mode in the Ambiente is not possible as the harness is different and additional sensors are also required.
For a 2 year old Yeti the price would be around 14 Lacs if it is well maintained.

( I also have a 4x4 Yeti Ambiente which is 4 years old now and you can read my ownership threads for more info!)

Regards
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 15th January 2015 at 15:47.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2015, 16:30   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Raghav

Some things you should lookout for when searching for a used Yeti:
1) No major accidents and service history
2) No unusual sounds from suspension and tyres should be OE size
3) Ac effectiveness, as AC compressor in Yeti is a common failure point

VCDS is a cable & software which helps tweak some features of VW group cars. The original VCDS cable from Ross Tech costs above 25k in India.
Off road TCS etc are more advanced features in the Elegance variant and useful only in extreme conditions. The 4x4 Ambiente variant is fine for most conditions. Retrofitting Offroad mode in the Ambiente is not possible as the harness is different and additional sensors are also required.
For a 2 year old Yeti the price would be around 14 Lacs if it is well maintained.

( I also have a 4x4 Yeti Ambiente which is 4 years old now and you can read my ownership threads for more info!)

Regards
Behemoth
Thanks for your inputs and clarity on VCD Behemoth,

I have been following Several threads including yours, Pramod, and Shankar Balan since I started exploring Yeti.
To be honest these reviews are the prime driving factor to go for Yeti. Other cars which I am exploring along with it were the VW Jetta (2011-2014)
I did noticed about the AC issues and replacement of some Valve and in few cases even Compressor for same, will cross check the same.

In case that VCDs are used to tweak the features, then shall I get the ECU diagnostic checked to ensure all sensors are fine?

Regards
Harish
Old 15th January 2015, 20:23   #1774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Thanks for your inputs and clarity on VCD Behemoth,

I have been following Several threads including yours, Pramod, and Shankar Balan since I started exploring Yeti.
To be honest these reviews are the prime driving factor to go for Yeti. Other cars which I am exploring along with it were the VW Jetta (2011-2014)
I did noticed about the AC issues and replacement of some Valve and in few cases even Compressor for same, will cross check the same.

In case that VCDs are used to tweak the features, then shall I get the ECU diagnostic checked to ensure all sensors are fine?

Regards
Harish
Thanks Harish!
Incidentally I am also planning on selling my Yeti soon and am based in Gurgaon. If you are interested we can meet up - do send me a PM. I would be more than happy to sell my Yeti to another Bhpian would take as much care of it as I have! (I also have a VCDS original cable.)

Regards
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 15th January 2015 at 20:27.
Old 15th January 2015, 23:59   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi,
I'm finalizing a deal to buy a 2011 Skoda Yeti 4X4 Elegance. I need some guidance from the owners of Yeti

1. Based a VCDS scan report, following error was detected. Can someone provide some insight into it?
4278 - Implausible Data Received from ABS Control Module U0415 00 [032] - - Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
It reappeared even after a clearing the error code.
FYI my ABS sensor has failed and the vehicle is in for replacement under warranty. Apparently its a known issue, though less prevalent than the a/c compressor issue.
Old 22nd February 2015, 10:54   #1776
VBN
BHPian

Dear "Old Yeti" owners like me who now have the Yeti for about 4 years now, I seek your thoughts on an upgrade to the new Yeti? The new Yeti has a lot of features like bi-xenon and LED and stuff comparable to the top end of the Audi Q3(which is about 60% more expensive than the new Yeti with lesser baggage space).

Over the years, with the kids growing up, my need is for a 7 seater but the options there seem limited due to Innova etc not having sufficient safety features. I did check out the Fortuner but was put off by the lack of safety features(it has only 2 airbags). I am not sure how the Mahindra vehicles would help. The Duster does not seem a worthy competitor. What are your views on the CRV or SantaFe?

I am a but rigid on the safety aspect as i have experienced a front-left collision in the Yeti and it worked out very well for all of us in the vehicle with no injuries due to air bags deployment and excelling handling of the vehicle post the accident preventing us going into the ditch. Skoda workshop in Hubli did an excellent job and I never could later detect that we had a biggish accident.
Old 22nd February 2015, 15:41   #1777
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
Dear "Old Yeti" owners like me who now have the Yeti for about 4 years now, I seek your thoughts on an upgrade to the new Yeti? The new Yeti has a lot of features like bi-xenon and LED and stuff comparable to the top end of the Audi Q3(which is about 60% more expensive than the new Yeti with lesser baggage space).
If your Yeti is running well, I would suggest continuing with it for another couple of years. You’re not going to get any substantial advantage with the face-lifted model, and will lose heavily on resale. In the next 1-2 years there will be more options in this space, and you could even get a better 7-seater Crossover/MPV.

In the current lot, the top end Santa FE is a good option. It’s well-loaded on safety, and has the added advantage of 7 seats.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 19:52   #1778
VBN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
In the current lot, the top end Santa FE is a good option. It’s well-loaded on safety, and has the added advantage of 7 seats.
Thanks Sir for alerting me to the Santa FE. I looked up the Santa FE reviews on T-BHP. The vehicle seems to be having consistent issues on Steering and recently suspension too.

The cost for AT AWD Santa FE is ₹ 9 lacs costlier than the Yeti. I have requested for a test drive. Will check it out.
Old 8th March 2015, 16:03   #1779
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

The ac conked off today. Taking it for check up tomorrow. Hope they have a replacement compressor with them.
Old 8th March 2015, 16:44   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
The ac conked off today. Taking it for check up tomorrow. Hope they have a replacement compressor with them.
Will take time. Its not a quick swap process.
Old 8th March 2015, 16:52   #1781
BHPian

My Yeti was on their replacement list but just did not have the time for it. Now I will have to make time I guess. They had said two days, but if they do not have the compressor I will take the car back.
Old 8th March 2015, 22:22   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBN View Post
What are your views on the CRV or SantaFe?
The HONDA CR-V has excellent reviews. Auto articles do speculate that in the second half of 2015, HONDA may get the facelift 2015 CR-V, both petrol & diesel (MT & AT) to India.

If that happens, it will be a strong contender to consider in its class. With plush interiors, large ICE screen, decent audio system, daylight running LEDs, AT option, great safety features, good mileage and backed by the HONDA quality, it is worth considering. The current CR-V in India was petrol engine only. However, we hear that the new facelift 2015 HONDA CR-V that is going to be introduced in India, may also have a diesel option in both MT & AT.
Old 9th March 2015, 21:42   #1783
BHPian

I have had a Yeti for 3 years and a few months now. Apart from one trip to Sariska (ex Delhi) and another from Hyderabad to Delhi, it has only helped me explore the Himalayas. And how?!

Am down about 30,000 km.

No sweat. Not a part changed, except regular service.

I am nice to Skoda people at the service station, since that's what my mother taught me to do. No issues.

They, believe it or not, are nice to me.

Always.

I have never spent a rupee on the car, except for the annual service, or a puncture, and I take them to task. Why this? Or that? They have agreed always, though sometimes under duress. Push for your rights. I do.

I also have a Laura L&K. 12 days younger than the Yeti and 16,000 km old. Same story. Only service. And rubbing polish.

Maybe I am lucky. Or just plain nice. Certainly assertive for something I paid lakhs for.

Maybe that works. Maybe it doesn't. It's worked for me...
rajeevn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 20:09   #1784
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevn View Post
I have had a Yeti for 3 years

I also have a Laura L&K. 12 days younger than the Yeti and 16,000 km old. Same story. Only service. And rubbing polish.

Maybe I am lucky. Or just plain nice. Certainly assertive for something I paid lakhs for.

Hi Rajeev
Happy to meet another Skoda owner who also has the same combination of these two Skodas! My Yeti is 4 yrs 3 months now and my Laura is 3 years old now. Touchwood no problems so far and like you said I also take the service people to task and they are happy to oblige ! Only lacuna I have seen is the long lead time of spares availability. Recently someone hit my Yeti driver side door and broke the door stopper. The part was backordered to Skoda global and took 30 days to come. The saving grace was that it only costed 1300 and 600 on labour. I only hope that Skoda would get their spare part availability improved so that it takes max one week.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 13:20   #1785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevn View Post
I have had a Yeti for 3 years and a few months now..
No sweat. Not a part changed, except regular service.

I am nice to Skoda people at the service station, since that's what my mother taught me to do. No issues.

They, believe it or not, are nice to me.

Always.

I have never spent a rupee on the car, except for the annual service, or a puncture, and I take them to task. Why this? Or that? They have agreed always, though sometimes under duress. Push for your rights. I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Rajeev
Happy to meet another Skoda owner who also has the same combination of these two Skodas! My Yeti is 4 yrs 3 months now and my Laura is 3 years old now. Touchwood no problems so far and like you said I also take the service people to task and they are happy to oblige ! Only lacuna I have seen is the long lead time of spares availability. Recently someone hit my Yeti driver side door and broke the door stopper. The part was backordered to Skoda global and took 30 days to come. The saving grace was that it only costed 1300 and 600 on labour. I only hope that Skoda would get their spare part availability improved so that it takes max one week.
Me three
Its going to be 3 years (35K kms) this June of flawless ownership and have not spent a single penny apart from regular service. Just had few bruises here and there in the plastic bottom cladding. Never been happier

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks