Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2015, 13:33   #1786
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Me three
Its going to be 3 years (35K kms) this June of flawless ownership and have not spent a single penny apart from regular service. Just had few bruises here and there in the plastic bottom cladding. Never been happier
Great to hear success stories of a fine SUV. Given the solid build quality of the vehicle, it is understandable that it can run for kms together, if timely maintenance schedule is followed.

Wonder why such a great vehicle is not selling more in that range. From what some of the owners here have described, look like a fine & solid performing SUV.
Old 12th March 2015, 19:27   #1787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Great to hear success stories of a fine SUV.

Yes indeed. The Yetis is the only "SUV" that I have ever actually wanted! It is good to know that, after a few years, it remains as good as it looks

Old 12th March 2015, 20:16   #1788
Team-BHP Support

Yes, it has been mechanically bullet-proof. Close to 70K and no issues to report. Apart from regular consumables, hasn't demanded for anything else.
Old 12th March 2015, 21:47   #1789
BHPian

Crossed 60K in 4 years. Had some issue with AC and was rectified under warranty. 1 ABS sensor gave way, but I was about to upgrade to highline ABS sensors anyways for retrofitting park assist, so that was fine.

Usually between 4 and 5 years I would be deciding on my next car. With this one, I still haven't had enough of it. And it is not because of a trouble free experience or about that. It still feels new and still bloody impresses with its capabilities. Sometimes even when something is good, you tend to get bored of it over a period of time and then think to replace it right. But this one's a keeper. Can say confidently, NOT FOR SALE.
Old 12th March 2015, 22:17   #1790
Team-BHP Support

True that Ajay. If Skoda did not shut its shop near my place, my Car would not have been listed in the Classifieds.

Its too much of a bother to travel 350+ kms for service (one way)
Old 12th March 2015, 22:21   #1791
Senior - BHPian

One more owner approaching 3 years (50k) with no intention to sell or upgrade. Issues sorted out under warranty recently:

1. A/c
2. ABS Sensor
3. Water Pump (leak, replaced pump)

Despite quirky looks, it seems to be the complete vehicle for all occasions.
Old 19th March 2015, 11:45   #1792
BHPian

Did 2nd service for my yeti. Had the problem of low coolant warning pop up two times in the last 1 month.Topped up with water 1st time, mixed water and coolant 50:50 ratio 2nd time.The service advisor confirmed the water pump is leaking and will be replaced under warranty. The work was executed in 2 days, but due to some system error as said by the advisor, i got the car delivered after 4 more days only.
Total bill- 11575.
Posting the bill here.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_8551.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_8552.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2015, 08:48   #1793
BHPian

My Yeti has done 75,000 Kms, purchased in April 2012. So it completes 3 years this April. I have had no serious problems. The car is as comfortable as it was new. There was an air conditioner problem, which was rectified under warranty during routine service. There was a persistent rattle from somewhere, which too was later corrected.
Only expensive repair was a couple of sensors.
Last Monday 16th March was the service, cost around 7000/-, they didn't change the filters, only washed them.
I have to replace my second set of tyres though. I had fitted Hankook, when my originals wore out. I think I should stuck with the original type, the Hankook tyres ride less comfortable I think.
I'm still happy that I bought this despite lots of well meant advice not to buy 'an expensive to service' Skoda, from an 'indifferent dealer' like Marikar. My experience is to the contrary. The Yeti hasn't been that expensive and Marikar has offered good service consistenly.
tomthump is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:05   #1794
BHPian

There you are then, and I am sure it's a first on T-BHP! Happy rantings from Skoda-owners... :-)
Old 22nd March 2015, 09:40   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
My Yeti has done 75,000 Kms, purchased in April 2012. So it completes 3 years this April. I have had no serious problems. The car is as comfortable as it was new. There was an air conditioner problem, which was rectified under warranty during routine service. There was a persistent rattle from somewhere, which too was later corrected.

Only expensive repair was a couple of sensors.

Last Monday 16th March was the service, cost around 7000/-, they didn't change the filters, only washed them.

I have to replace my second set of tyres though. I had fitted Hankook, when my originals wore out. I think I should stuck with the original type, the Hankook tyres ride less comfortable I think.

I'm still happy that I bought this despite lots of well meant advice not to buy 'an expensive to service' Skoda, from an 'indifferent dealer' like Marikar. My experience is to the contrary. The Yeti hasn't been that expensive and Marikar has offered good service consistenly.

Hi, we bought our Yeti in Gurgaon in May 2011. Have done about 35000 kms. Got the Yeti serviced from three different dealers so far - Giriraj, Gurgaon, Vinayak, Bangalore and just last week, Gurdev, Chennai. Must say that I have never been unhappy with any of them. There have always been minor irritations but at an overall level, my service experience has been very good. We have used the Yeti only for long distance driving, like we are now. We drove from Gurgaon to Chennai and we are now on our way back to Gurgaon. Drove yesterday from Chennai to Hyderabad. Tomorrow Hyderabad to Bhopal and the day later Bhopal to Gurgaon.
As all of us are aware, service business is all about getting the right people to take good care.
Krishnan V G is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 23:24   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Crossed 60K in 4 years. Had some issue with AC and was rectified under warranty. 1 ABS sensor gave way, but I was about to upgrade to highline ABS sensors anyways for retrofitting park assist, so that was fine.

Usually between 4 and 5 years I would be deciding on my next car. With this one, I still haven't had enough of it. And it is not because of a trouble free experience or about that. It still feels new and still bloody impresses with its capabilities. Sometimes even when something is good, you tend to get bored of it over a period of time and then think to replace it right. But this one's a keeper. Can say confidently, NOT FOR SALE.
Couldn't agree more, Sir. Definitely, NOT FOR SALE... Unless God decides otherwise.

I took mine for a short do to Sariska again this weekend, and the two new-to-Yeti idiots in the backseat hummed and hawwed.

"Skoda? Heavy. And peculiar. An SUV? Really? Small, ain't it. Expensive too. Etc."

We did highway. Off-road. No road. Jungle. Highway. The idiots, now not-so-new-to-Yeti adventurers, are clamoring to buy one. Loafers. Now, trying to redeem themselves, and failing completely.

Especially when I told them, "Idiot 1 & 2, forget all the fun and frolic. Drill this. Do you two auto igno-infants realize that this vehicle has done 525 km, on a half tank? All that terrain?!"

Dumbfounded, pin-drop silence from our two wide-eyed newly-turned eagles.

"Do you realize this 'dumb truck' took you there and back, and lots betwixt, at less than 55 paisa a km per person?"

No answer.

My guess is, given the Delhi thunderstorm this evening, they are cuddling below a tree outside a Skoda showroom...
rajeevn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 07:21   #1797
BHPian

The post above is the most epic poetic tribute to a Yeti!! Dear Skoda, gift this guy another yeti just for the above post, he does more justice to your cars than you !
Dieselritzer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 08:51   #1798
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried to install the ironman lift kit on the Yeti. I believe it would be interesting to gain about 2-3 inches of ground clearance along with more sorted suspension.
Old 27th March 2015, 12:09   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Has anyone tried to install the ironman lift kit on the Yeti. I believe it would be interesting to gain about 2-3 inches of ground clearance along with more sorted suspension.
Dear Apachelongbow,

I haven't gone so far as to tinker with the suspension, but I do have 215-70-R16 tyres, and that has given me about an inch-and-a-half of extra road clearance, and a lot more confidence on undulating terrain. I did that since on the Yeti's first trip to Manali 3 years back, I managed to scrape the under-belly a few times on the Rohtang Road. Gave me quite a scare, it did, and on returning to Delhi, I changed the tyres.

If nothing else, gives me a lot of confidence driving on bad roads, and whenever I go for servicing to the Skoda workshop, every other Yeti-owner and a lot of the mechanics and passers-by keep checking the tyres out.

The taller stature makes the Yeti look better too!

Here are a few pictures, the first four at Jalori Pass, and the fifth at Fagu earlier this month, snowed out); perhaps they can help make out the height and road clearance difference.

And for the Grand Finale, there's a video the wife made while we were driving up to Jalori Pass. As the video shows, there were no issues at all--the Yeti climbed like it was a city flyover!

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-imag0250.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-imag0251.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-imag0252.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-imag0253.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-imag0475.jpg

Last edited by rajeevn : 27th March 2015 at 12:10. Reason: Adding the words "extra road" to clearance. Sorry.
rajeevn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 19:18   #1800
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I remember doing some research on a lift kit, and it just added spacers to raise the height. Any more details of another lift there where the shocks, etc and actually changed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks