Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2015, 18:04   #1831
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
It most definitely is not lifetime. The car manual has it listed at 60k kms or the 4th service.

Its the 4th service, and 60k kms I think or 4 years.

BTW got the Rain X wipers. There was an issue where I thought the blade may not fit after trying it once. Went back and saw the instructions properly, and then got them to fit (they fit in a different way than the OE wipers). Not much rain today, so could barely use them but I'm sure they will be good.

Since Yeti's service booklet is common for superb and octavia, the haldex oil renewal interval mentioned there could be for Haldex III. On UK forums I have read that though the booklet says 60K Kms, the dealers have confirmed that it is no more followed and is time based which is 3 years. May be this change happened with Yeti which started coming with Haldex IV. My SC as well as another BHPian's SC technician has checked and confirmed what I got from workshop manual which states 3 years. I think the service booklet we get is pretty generic. The workshop manual gives a lot more details with respect to different countries and covers a lot more engine codes than what is mentioned in our service booklet.

Also our service booklet says 180,000 Kms for toothed belt replacement. This is not applicable for dust rich countries. India is one among the list of dust rich countries. These details are not covered in service booklet but is explained in workshop manual.

Thanks for the info. on wiper blades. Bosch aerotwins are not available with the dealer here. But he has 24" & 19" normal Bosch blades. Don't know which type are they as I only spoke to him over the phone. Will check if it is compatible type. BTW just saw in the service booklet that wiper blades are to be renewed twice a year!! That'd be too much.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 24th June 2015 at 18:05.
Old 25th June 2015, 15:50   #1832
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Since Yeti's service booklet is common for superb and octavia, the haldex oil renewal interval mentioned there could be for Haldex III. On UK forums I have read that though the booklet says 60K Kms, the dealers have confirmed that it is no more followed and is time based which is 3 years. May be this change happened with Yeti which started coming with Haldex IV. My SC as well as another BHPian's SC technician has checked and confirmed what I got from workshop manual which states 3 years. I think the service booklet we get is pretty generic. The workshop manual gives a lot more details with respect to different countries and covers a lot more engine codes than what is mentioned in our service booklet.

Also our service booklet says 180,000 Kms for toothed belt replacement. This is not applicable for dust rich countries. India is one among the list of dust rich countries. These details are not covered in service booklet but is explained in workshop manual.

Thanks for the info. on wiper blades. Bosch aerotwins are not available with the dealer here. But he has 24" & 19" normal Bosch blades. Don't know which type are they as I only spoke to him over the phone. Will check if it is compatible type. BTW just saw in the service booklet that wiper blades are to be renewed twice a year!! That'd be too much.
yeti wiper blades are 24 and 18 inches. You can try hella Dynaedge as well. Just ask for European wiper
Old 25th June 2015, 16:54   #1833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Sorry, I meant every 3 years. Not 120,000 Kms. Had discussed timing kit renewal interval lately and typed that interval by mistake instead of Haldex oil change interval. For Haldex oil renewal, it is every 3 years.
Hi guys,

Did any one manage to get the Haldex Oil changed on thier 4X4 Yeti ? Please share the costs for the same. I have completed 3 years and from what I am reading it's time for an oil change. I called up my service centre and they had no clue of what I was asking for. After calling up multiple times, they confirmed they don't have it in stock and have asked me to check back in 15 days.

I have little faith in Skoda dealers/service.
Old 25th June 2015, 18:16   #1834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
Hi guys,

Did any one manage to get the Haldex Oil changed on thier 4X4 Yeti ? Please share the costs for the same. I have completed 3 years and from what I am reading it's time for an oil change. I called up my service centre and they had no clue of what I was asking for. After calling up multiple times, they confirmed they don't have it in stock and have asked me to check back in 15 days.

Speak to Autobahn. They have the tools needed to change it at their Kurla workshop. The oil may not be in stock, but you can get them to order. There is a manager called Dipesh who should be at the Kurla workshop, worth having a word with him hes a good chap.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 11:23   #1835
BHPian

Thank you !. Spoke to Autobhan, have been advised the oil change interval is 4 yrs/ 60,000 kms which ever earlier. The expected cost is in the range of 11,000 to 13,000. I have done 27,000 kms in last 3 yrs, will wait 6 months before sending in for an oil change.

Regards,
Faraz
Old 27th June 2015, 13:35   #1836
BHPian

Hats off to the knowledge of the A.S.S. team all over the country. We have 4 members here including me who checked with them for confirming the Haldex oil renewal interval. First, they said it is for life and needs no renewal. Then upon correcting them and making them open the manuals, we have different responses -
1) It is for life and oil needs no renewal
2) 4 years or 60,000 whichever is earlier
3) 3 years (time based only) - this one I know for sure they finally opened the manual to check and confirm because I made them do so.

These are where we send our valuable possessions to be taken care of!
Old 27th June 2015, 14:29   #1837
BHPian

Just got a call from dealer that Haldex oil has arrived. Will go next week to get it changed. Not sure how competent these guys are in replacing something which they never done before.

Also cost of oil is around Rs 2200 per litre and 1.1 ltr needs to be changed. So whosoever is quoting 11k is on the wrong footings

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th July 2015 at 10:59. Reason: Corrected as requested.
Old 30th June 2015, 12:53   #1838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Just got a call from dealer that Haldex oil has arrived. Will go next week to get it changed. Not sure how competent these guys are in replacing something which they never done before.

Also cost of oil is around 2200 per litre and 1.1 ltr needs to be changed. So whosoever is quoting 11k is on the wrong footings
Abbey pls mention the cost and invoice details for our info. I just finished my 60k service, they told me there is no change required but looks like I need to go back. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by GTO : 7th July 2015 at 15:28. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 30th June 2015, 17:29   #1839
BHPian

Insurance renewal time
Senator has come back with 3 quotes

Oriental zero dep - 22268/-
New India Assurance zero dep - 27615/-
Bajaj Allianz Zero dep - 32533/-

There are no claims on the car, last year I paid 29 K approx to Bajaj, this year it has gone up due to service tax and increase in third party coverage.

Dealer is keen on pushing Bajaj Allianz, any suggestions on better alternatives ?

Regards,
Faraz
Old 30th June 2015, 18:13   #1840
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Hi guys,

I just got my battery changed as reported in another thread. When the vehicle goes for its 4th service Im going to get the Haldex Oil changed too.
Old 30th June 2015, 20:11   #1841
BHPian

My service centre also said they will place order for Haldex oil. I told them to hold on till my next service and to order accordingly to renew oil at the time of service.

Got OE blades itself for wiper. Damage ₹2400.
Old 30th June 2015, 20:19   #1842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Abbey pls mention the cost and invoice details for our info. I just finished my 60k service, they told me there is no change required but looks like I need to go back. Thanks in advance.
Sure. I will be going this saturday.
Old 1st July 2015, 11:51   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Insurance renewal time

There are no claims on the car, last year I paid 29 K approx to Bajaj, this year it has gone up due to service tax and increase in third party coverage.

Dealer is keen on pushing Bajaj Allianz, any suggestions on better alternatives ?

Regards,
Faraz
I also have been quoted 22891/- for oriental zero dep by senator.
Last year i paid around 25k for oriental zero dep and they are pushing me to go for oriental this year as well. I still have not inquired about rates from other companies.
Old 1st July 2015, 15:40   #1844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I also have been quoted 22891/- for oriental zero dep by senator.
Last year i paid around 25k for oriental zero dep and they are pushing me to go for oriental this year as well. I still have not inquired about rates from other companies.
Quote:
Insurance renewal time

Regards,
Faraz
Hi guys,
I had taken hdfc ergo last year on my yeti and the total premium was 40732. This included RTI, engine cover, consumables, among others it includes NCB protection for the subsequent year of course with HDFC only. I am enclosing the copy and hope it would be useful.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf hdfc ergo insurance with rti.pdf (183.3 KB, 1322 views)
sumzup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:32   #1845
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Forgot to mention, I also recieved a quote from Skoda Insurance services thru Bajaj Allianz that's about 3,000 less compared to what dealer has quoted. I have called them and requested for a Zero dep quote. I see no point in paying more and going thru the dealer.

Regards,
Faraz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks