Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:14   #1846
BHPian

There is a discount on spares like filters, wipers, brake pads, rotors, etc as part of monsoon offers by skoda.
Pls make use of it as they are offering 25 % till the 15 or 20th of this month.
Old 5th July 2015, 15:39   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Sure. I will be going this saturday.
Was just saved from a disaster today. After my Haldex oil was drained I noticed the new oil was having different part number G052145A1. This was transmission oil for front axle. The correct part number for Haldex oil is G052145A1. Gave them a beating for this. Now since the oil is drained we can't even resuse the old oil. So car has to be kept at skoda dealer. Quickly ordered the correct part. And took the loaner car for 2 days. Will update on this fiasco later
Old 5th July 2015, 16:22   #1848
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hey, both the part numbers mentioned are the same!
Old 5th July 2015, 16:27   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hey, both the part numbers mentioned are the same!
Sorry. The correct part is GO52175A1
Old 5th July 2015, 16:32   #1850
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Was just saved from a disaster today. After my Haldex oil was drained I noticed the new oil was having different part number G052145A1. This was transmission oil for front axle. The correct part number for Haldex oil is G052145A1. Gave them a beating for this. Now since the oil is drained we can't even resuse the old oil. So car has to be kept at skoda dealer. Quickly ordered the correct part. And took the loaner car for 2 days. Will update on this fiasco later
Absolutely nuts, you should definitely bring it to the notice of Skoda India. And to think, if anything had happened to the Haldex after putting in the wrong oil, they would have washed their hands off it and asked you to replace.
Old 6th July 2015, 09:23   #1851
BHPian

Quote:

When are these people going to learn some responsibility! I don't think I'll let them do it without my supervision. Its such a small job but what to do, that's the confidence they give you.
Old 6th July 2015, 10:22   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Absolutely nuts, you should definitely bring it to the notice of Skoda India. And to think, if anything had happened to the Haldex after putting in the wrong oil, they would have washed their hands off it and asked you to replace.
Yes, I am going to escalate this. this is not only lax from the dealer but also shows the kind of training skoda gave to it's service center. We all have been speaking of haldex oil change and their is lot of uncertainty on when to change etc. Btw, the cost of Haldex coupling oil is approx 2200 for everybody knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
When are these people going to learn some responsibility! I don't think I'll let them do it without my supervision. Its such a small job but what to do, that's the confidence they give you.
Yes, and thank go i was there supervising this oil change, when i noticed this part number difference. If it wasn't me the incorrect oil would have gone in haldex system and a disaster for me and my car.

See what has happened in exactly the same mistake to one of fellow VW customer. http://www.r32oc.com/topic/40366-hal...vw-what-to-do/

I have told them that once they get the correct part, call me and do this in front of me. Specifically mentioned not to move the car (or start the engine)
Old 7th July 2015, 16:30   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
This is now fixed. The part number is G055175A2. It comes in 1 Ltr bottle and Haldex Coupling will be clearly written on it.
http://www.ecstuning.com/ES12051/

Cost 2200 for Oil and 300 for Labour.
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 04:34   #1854
BHPian

Today, I got coolant warning light. When checked coolant level was really low. No signs of leakage on the bottle or anywhere near my parking. Everything was fine when I reached office and we I started the car back home., i faced this issue. What can cause this? Any pointers?
Old 11th July 2015, 14:04   #1855
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Today, I got coolant warning light. When checked coolant level was really low. No signs of leakage on the bottle or anywhere near my parking. Everything was fine when I reached office and we I started the car back home., i faced this issue. What can cause this? Any pointers?

The water pump is leaking. Happened on my Jetta and another Passat on the forum. You need to replace the pump. Rs 10 k
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2015, 14:08   #1856
BHPian

Quote:

Some one I know in Mumbai has the same problem for his Yeti. Coolant leak was diagnosed to be from radiator gasket and was told it is covered under warranty.
Old 11th July 2015, 14:19   #1857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Could be the coolant pump going bad or if the GND sender lead from the sensor is disconnected.

Check this post.
Old 11th July 2015, 14:58   #1858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Water pump leak. If your vehicle is under warranty its a standard warranty replacement - mine was replaced.
Old 11th July 2015, 17:40   #1859
BHPian

Quote:
Hi abbey4u,
It is the water pump as I had the same issue and was replaced under warranty. Please ensure that you get them to check the timing belt as mine started to give some noise along the time of water pump failure. I am in a quandary did the couple of days' delay had any part in the belt's noise emanating. So, buddy, don't delay for getting it replaced and stress upon them to check the belt. Do go back immediately if you pick up any noise after the replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
The water pump is leaking. Happened on my Jetta and another Passat on the forum. You need to replace the pump. Rs 10 k
It is was done under warranty for my yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Some one I know in Mumbai has the same problem for his Yeti. Coolant leak was diagnosed to be from radiator gasket and was told it is covered under warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Water pump leak. If your vehicle is under warranty its a standard warranty replacement - mine was replaced.
Yup Steeroid, I got it done too under warranty.
Old 12th July 2015, 09:31   #1860
BHPian

Thanks. My car is parked in office parking. Can I fill up coolant and drive to service center. Its 50 km drive.

Last edited by abbey4u : 12th July 2015 at 09:48.

Most Viewed