Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2015, 20:48   #1861
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Thanks. My car is parked in office parking. Can I fill up coolant and drive to service center. Its 50 km drive.
You should be able to but keep an eye on the gauge. It all depends on how fast it is leaking. My Jetta needed a top up after two weeks
Old 12th July 2015, 22:45   #1862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. My car is parked in office parking. Can I fill up coolant and drive to service center. Its 50 km drive.
I kept topping up with water every time the light showed. No damage, and in any case they bleed the system and top up with new coolant anyway.
Old 12th July 2015, 23:20   #1863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
I kept topping up with water every time the light showed. No damage, and in any case they bleed the system and top up with new coolant anyway.
Thanks. I drove back with coolant topped up. Surprisingly no drop in coolant level while I drove back home 45kms. I am guessing the leak is happening only when car is parked. May be a slow leak somewhere but it seems water pump is fine. I will take my car tomorrow
Old 20th July 2015, 16:59   #1864
BHPian

Hi guys.
So today the "control system for exhaust" light came on while driving. The car seemed to be driving normally though.
After i reached my destination i switched off the car and started it, it was still there. Then after waiting for about 20 mins did the same and this time there was no such light.
What could be the reason?
I anyways have to give my car for 60k km service, will definitely get it checked.

Last edited by sagpatel : 20th July 2015 at 17:12.
Old 20th July 2015, 19:04   #1865
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi guys.
So today the "control system for exhaust" light came on while driving. The car seemed to be driving normally though.
After i reached my destination i switched off the car and started it, it was still there. Then after waiting for about 20 mins did the same and this time there was no such light.
What could be the reason?
I anyways have to give my car for 60k km service, will definitely get it checked.

Could be a DPF soot collection problem, EGR valve problem or either of the sensors going faulty.. Frequent short runs with very less revving might add to it. A scan would pin point the fault.

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 20th July 2015 at 19:08.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2015, 21:08   #1866
BHPian

Here is an update on the issue with "control system for exhaust" light. I gave my car for 60k service. They ran a scan and found that it was the water pump for coolent that was causing it. Since the car is still under extended warranty , they will replace it and have ordered it since it was not in stock. They also suggested me to get the brake pads and discs replaced. I was thinking of changing brake pads and discs to brembos this time. Will this void warranty of the car and where can i find them and get fitted in mumbai?
Old 28th July 2015, 21:26   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
Here is an update on the issue with "control system for exhaust" light. I gave my car for 60k service. They ran a scan and found that it was the water pump for coolent that was causing it. Since the car is still under extended warranty , they will replace it and have ordered it since it was not in stock. They also suggested me to get the brake pads and discs replaced. I was thinking of changing brake pads and discs to brembos this time. Will this void warranty of the car and where can i find them and get fitted in mumbai?
Discs to be replaced?? I guess you should take a second opinion before you do that. Also, have you found trembling/vibrations of the steering at high speeds or vibrations upon braking? If not then definitely worth a wait. When did you last change your brake pads?
Old 28th July 2015, 21:39   #1868
BHPian

I have not changed the brake pads ever. This would be the first time. I also thought that discs dont need a replacement as there are absolutely no vibrations felt during braking at high speeds nor on the steering.
Old 29th July 2015, 01:06   #1869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have not changed the brake pads ever. This would be the first time. I also thought that discs dont need a replacement as there are absolutely no vibrations felt during braking at high speeds nor on the steering.
If this is the first time you are changing pads, as you said, then there is no need to change the discs. Though while changing the pads I think it is a good idea to get the discs skimmed.

If you find the braking adequate then stick to stock pads. If you want more bite/power then start off with Brembo pads which you can source from their person in Goa.
Old 29th July 2015, 01:24   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
Brembo has two kind of disc. Normal and slotted rotor. If you want slotted rotor then only change the disc otherwise no need for change. Just get the pads changed to Brembo. They cost same as skoda. As far as slotted rotor disc is concerned they are vast improvement over the OEM disc and you will feel the performance. They cost 16k for front pair. I have changed the pads and disc at 95k to Brembo and i like them.
Old 29th July 2015, 01:26   #1871
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I drove back with coolant topped up. Surprisingly no drop in coolant level while I drove back home 45kms. I am guessing the leak is happening only when car is parked. May be a slow leak somewhere but it seems water pump is fine. I will take my car tomorrow
Update. It was water pump issue and was replaced under warranty
Old 29th July 2015, 06:56   #1872
BHPian

Quote:
I have changed the pads and disc at 95k to Brembo and i like them.

That is for all 4 discs and pads? All 4 slotted discs or front only slotted? Could you share the details/cost break up please. Thanks.
Old 29th July 2015, 09:13   #1873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
That is for all 4 discs and pads? All 4 slotted discs or front only slotted? Could you share the details/cost break up please. Thanks.
There is no rotor disc for rear. My rear disc were in good condition so didn't change.

Front Slotted rotor Disc: 16k
Front pads: 5500
Rear Pads: 4800
Old 29th July 2015, 09:21   #1874
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
There is no rotor disc for rear. My rear disc were in good condition so didn't change.

Front Slotted rotor Disc: 16k

Front pads: 5500

Rear Pads: 4800

Thanks. You said 95K Kms huh. Sorry, confused that for cost! 😅

Last edited by ajaypjayaraj : 29th July 2015 at 09:23.
Old 29th July 2015, 10:17   #1875
BHPian

i think i will go with changing the brake pads only, if i go with brembo, will it void warranty?

Most Viewed