Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 17:24   #1906
BHPian

Hi Faraz, they need to communicate with Skoda before carrying out the work and after replacement also - hence it may take a few days. Having said that, the estimate of 4 - 5 days may include some buffer also. I guess it's okay to leave the car.
Old 21st March 2016, 22:20   #1907
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
After scouting around here and elsewhere on the Internet, the part number for the oil is G 055 175 A2. There have been issues with availability of this oil in the past. Thankfully it is available in stock. Will update as soon as I have it changed. The only other query I had was if the Haldex 4 unit also requires a filter change?
Attachment 1465632
From the information I could find in Skoda and VW forums abroad, the 4th generation Haldex system doesn't require the filter to be replaced. As such a part number for the filter couldn't be found nor a oil+filter replacement kit recommended for the 4th generation Haldex. Also have read in multiple guides that the filter on these 4th gen Haldex systems were not able to be removed when people did try. So I guess it would be only the oil change.

I had been following up with my dealer regarding the Haldex oil for Superb and they have received the correct grade of oil

The Haldex oil as received by Skoda ASC
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-haldex-oil-bottle-front.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-haldex-oil-bottle-rear.jpg
avinash_clt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 17:25   #1908
BHPian

Our 2010 YETI 4X4 has begun making loud grinding/ vibrating noises when the clutch is engaged/ disengaged. No noise when the car is being driven normally. After 6 years of trouble free operation (faulty AC compressor aside), we've been dreading this. The car is no longer under warranty and has covered 87K kilometers.

Any thoughts on what may be? I suspect it may be the clutch and/ or the flywheel. Given the complexity of the Haldex setup, I'm guessing this won't be cheap.
Old 13th April 2016, 14:16   #1909
BHPian

Just today i faced a unique problem where driver side vents are cooling properly whereas passenger side vents doesn't. On calling skoda i am told that there may be cooling coil leakage. Any suggestion on what could be the problem?
Old 13th April 2016, 15:48   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Just today i faced a unique problem where driver side vents are cooling properly whereas passenger side vents doesn't. On calling skoda i am told that there may be cooling coil leakage. Any suggestion on what could be the problem?
Have faced this problem. Could not diagnose it for quite some time and Skoda guys kept guessing some part or the other could have gone kaput. Finally it starting showing a faulty temperature sendor for the left vents. There is more than one, but one of it was faulty. Initially the fault was showing intermittently. Anyways the problem was rectified by replacing that temperature sender. But the catch is that it did not show up on scan initially. Only after many days, it started throwing a fault. By this time the service centre guys had planned on replacing many parts of the AC unit in the engine bay! I told them not to proceed without correct diagnosis even if it is under warranty. Faulty temperature sender could be one of the reasons.
Old 13th April 2016, 16:13   #1911

My temperature sensor in yeti was working properly for close to a year. At times it use to show even 52 etc. After repeated trail & errors with various branches of Gurudev motors in Chennai, it was detected that the wire of the temperature sensor was touching some part near the engine.
Now it is working well.
srik0305 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 17:34   #1912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Have faced this problem. Could not diagnose it for quite some time and Skoda guys kept guessing some part or the other could have gone kaput. Finally it starting showing a faulty temperature sendor for the left vents. There is more than one, but one of it was faulty. Initially the fault was showing intermittently. Anyways the problem was rectified by replacing that temperature sender. But the catch is that it did not show up on scan initially. Only after many days, it started throwing a fault. By this time the service centre guys had planned on replacing many parts of the AC unit in the engine bay! I told them not to proceed without correct diagnosis even if it is under warranty. Faulty temperature sender could be one of the reasons.
i will ask them to check temperature sender for left vents. I do hear a hissing sound when starting AC, so it may low Gas as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik0305 View Post
My temperature sensor in yeti was working properly for close to a year. At times it use to show even 52 etc. After repeated trail & errors with various branches of Gurudev motors in Chennai, it was detected that the wire of the temperature sensor was touching some part near the engine.
Now it is working well.
I have been facing same problem from last 1 year, however i couldn't replicate the problem everytime i visited the service center. i will push them to check it. Do you know the part number from your invoice?
Old 13th April 2016, 22:00   #1913
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know the part number from your invoice?
Left/Right footwell vent temp sender G261/G262 part no. - 4B0820539

Left/Right vent temp sender G150/G151 part no. - need to check
Old 15th April 2016, 18:45   #1914
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:

Ajay
Didn't you put those Fender Arch Flared extenders in ABS Plastic on your Yeti?
Just checking, when you did that (if you did) then did they stick these on, over the rear wheel arches without removing the clear transparent plastic stone chip guard which comes OEM with the vehicle?
Old 15th April 2016, 19:17   #1915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ajay
Didn't you put those Fender Arch Flared extenders in ABS Plastic on your Yeti?
Just checking, when you did that (if you did) then did they stick these on, over the rear wheel arches without removing the clear transparent plastic stone chip guard which comes OEM with the vehicle?
No, did not remove it. Replied in detail in the other thread.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 19:20   #1916
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
No, did not remove it. Replied in detail in the other thread.
thanks a lot for your kind help!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 11:31   #1917
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks ajay.

Quote:
i will ask them to check temperature sender for left vents. I do hear a hissing sound when starting AC, so it may low Gas as well.

I have been facing same problem from last 1 year, however i couldn't replicate the problem everytime i visited the service center. i will push them to check it. Do you know the part number from your invoice?
Update. It's cooling coil leak only. The Gas was mere 200 g against 510 g recommended and hence low cooling. Not sure what's the technology behind cooling the driver side when gas is low .

I just topped up the gas as it should complete this season. I will then have to get the coil changes which is going to cost me around 30k . According to service center i am not eligible for goodwil warranty as my running is high. (1.2 L kms in 3.5 yrs). Will write to skoda and check if something can be covered as i always had my car serviced by ASS
Old 19th April 2016, 12:14   #1918
BHPian

^
If it was the faulty temperature sender, the left cooling will work if you set the temperature knob to left most (min temp - blue) position. Forgot to mention this earlier.
Old 19th April 2016, 14:23   #1919

Sorry I dont have the part no.
srik0305 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 07:20   #1920
BHPian

Hey guys,

My yeti is due for 4 yr/45k service. Can the experienced members advise what to expect in this service and costs ? The website does have a service cost calculator but typically when you visit the service centre they add on more items.

I would like this information before I go in for a service and avoid getting conned by the service centres.

Regards,
Faraz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks