Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2016, 16:53   #1951
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Hi all, need some help here.
Just after 4 years of car purchase, compressor decides to give up. I was on my way to out of mumbai but had to come back due to this. On my way back i checked with autobahn skoda service centre in goregaon and they refused to take my car in as they have more than 100 cars pending to be serviced.
I have heard that there was a recall of compressor for Laura/yeti. The service advisor told me that there was no such recall. Now i am afraid that they may not do it under the recall.
Was there a circular or any affirmative from skoda on compressor recall which i can show to these people to get my work done smoothly.
Hi Sagpatel

This Yeti Compressor replacement drive was in 2011 for 2010 manufactured cars to replace the lower capacity compressor with a Higher capacity compressor. I doubt that this recall would show up as a recall in their systems now!
If you get the compressor replaced at a Skoda workshop it will cost you 75K+. However if you get an aftermarket job done, the whole replacement costs around 30K, with a compressor better than the Skoda Original compressor. You can find the equivalent aftermarket compressor part number on the Mister Auto app and then try to get the compressor locally.
Mod @Anshuman recently got the compressor replaced on his Laura in the aftermarket - you can maybe PM him and take help and advice from him.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 17:26   #1952
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

My Yeti is just over 4 years old and has done 1,36,000 kms. I haven't had any problems with the car till now(no breakdowns or part failures).

The rear logo fell of on the highway within the 1st year of ownership and was replaced by Vinayaka skoda under warranty. Other than that I am extremely happy with my car, I couldn't have got a better car in this price bracket which could do so many things (daily driver,highway runs,off-roading).

I got the clutch replaced at 1,05,000 and looks like it will last for similar mileage.

I am running on the third set of tyres. 1st were the Excellence which lasted 45000 km. Then I upgraded to 225/60r16 Continental contact premium which lasted 43000 km(good tyres with excellent grip) now running on Falken wildpeak 215/65r16 which have covered about 48000km. I have already got a new set of Falkens which will be installed in this week.

The service side of Skoda leaves a lot to be desired. I feel they are not as organized as other manufacturers when it comes to service. For example I got my differential oil change last month I had taken prior appointment with the service adviser and he had promised the work would be done in 2 hours. I reached the service center by 9.30am after the initial formalities the car was taken in put on a lift and was there for a good 2 hours before the work started. Then they were trying to figure out which cap is used to pour oil into the housing from the bottle using the special tools required. By the time i got my car back it was 4pm. Whole day wasted for a 2 hr work. Same work shop had taken 10 days to replace the clutch(in Hubli). I had got the Bluetooth module installed at Vinayaka where the left few bad scratches most probably trying to remove and refit the drivers seat. Other than these few instances the car has everything going for it. Finding a suitable upgrade is going to be a challenge in the future. For now I am planing to upgrade the head unit to a Audiosources ds820.

Just before submitting I remember an incident which made me fall in love with the Yeti again on one of my trips to Bangalore me and my wife were belted and waiting at a red signal 11.30 at night when a drunk swift driver rammed into us (filed a police complaint). He was doing about 60-70 kph, the impact shook us, the car went about 10 feet ahead even with the handbrake on. I was scared to go see the damages to my car but when I did go and see there was very little damage, 1-2 inch dent on the rear bumper (I am guessing this is where the bracket that holds the bumper is) and a few minor scratches. The Swift had major visible damage (later got to know he had got a quote of 45k). I just got my rear bumper setting done at the next service.

Regards,
breakneck

Last edited by SDP : 14th October 2016 at 20:12. Reason: Very poorly typed post.
breakneck is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th December 2016, 16:13   #1953
Senior - BHPian

Put in a pair of Philips H4 LED bulbs, and these have solved my lighting problem for good. A bit expensive, but still a very small fraction of the cost of an HID system and yet much better.

I would recommend the Philips LED to everyone. Beam pattern is brilliant, with only slight dispersion on high beam - but I hardly use Hi anyway. It is extremely useful with the LEDs for taking care of oncoming high-beams, though - one flash and they WILL dip.
Steeroid is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 21:20   #1954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Put in a pair of Philips H4 LED bulbs, and these have solved my lighting problem for good. A bit expensive, but still a very small fraction of the cost of an HID system and yet much better.

I would recommend the Philips LED to everyone. Beam pattern is brilliant, with only slight dispersion on high beam - but I hardly use Hi anyway. It is extremely useful with the LEDs for taking care of oncoming high-beams, though - one flash and they WILL dip.

How much did they cost you? Do they fit in properly in the socket or extend out?
Old 8th December 2016, 21:31   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post

Does using the Philips H4 LED bulb bring any error in the maxi dot display?
Old 9th December 2016, 14:38   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
How much did they cost you? Do they fit in properly in the socket or extend out?
I still haven't been billed - I 'trialled' it for 4 days and loved it, so am keeping it.

The lights fit into the existing headlamp bay properly even with the large heat-sink, but you will need to dremel the plastic cover to fit the thick cables through it. We dremelled it and re-sealed with some leftover Dynamat/3M pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
No error shown anywhere, but when you connect to a computer it shows up 4 errors. My dealer has promised to get me an inline CANBUS error-cancel plug-in:

http://a.co/8DGjuJq
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:27   #1957
BHPian

Four and a half years on and my experience with the Yeti has been a mixed bag. While its a brilliant car to drive on city roads, highways and sometimes no roads, it has sprung a few unexpected surprises along the way. The only expected replacement that has taken place in these 4 and a half hears was the VARTA battery that has lasted me a good 55 months. I replaced that with a BOSCH silver S5 and time will tell if that was a wise buy. Rest all the others have been rather unpleasant:

>2 years back the AC duct from the compressor developed a puncture, after the car scraped a notoriously deceptive speed breaker. I could not fathom how a puncture could occur to an apparatus seated so deep inside the engine bay due to a minor impact that did not even dislodge or disrupt the rough road under chassis protection. ICICI however said that it was a subsequent damage and Skoda maintained it was due to the speed breaker impact and not a part failure. Bottom line though was neither honored the claim despite me having an extended warranty and a zero dep insurance.

>Six months back, right after the annual service, the coolant completely drained off while driving back from work and the warning lights lit up like a christmas tree. I had to claw back home by filling up the car with ICE cold water, which apparently is a recomended emergency practice. It turned out that the coolant pump developed a leak. That was fortunately repaired under warranty though. Thank my stars for that as it was just a month before the extended warranty expired. Else it would have been a damage of around 35k

>Yesterday, I found a "lamp fused" warning and took the car for repair to Vinayaka. I was content as I thought the bulbs had served me well for over 4 years now and were certainly due for replacement. What turned out was yet another surprise. They found out that holder on which the bulb is mounted had melted. HUH??? I was shocked as the bulb was the stock one that came with the car. How can it possibly melt the holder? The bigger shock was, the holder did not come in as a spare. The whole headlamp assembly needed to be replaced. The damage was 18k+services. GERMAN ENGINEERING at its best. "Pig Heads" were the words used by one their own people at the workshop.

Nevertheless, somethings in India work based on relationships you build and the guys at Vinayaka needs to be really lauded for that. They managed to get just the holder and harness replaced with some clever improvisation which cost me just about 1500 bucks. I just hope the fix lasts...Well while that was a high, how can it go without a downer.

> Since the lights got fixed for 'cheap', I thought of getting a knocking sound on the front suspension that had developed about a year ago, re-checked. Although it was fixed early this year during the car's annual service, the noise returned about 3 months back and progressively got louder. The story now is that the suspension assembly has gone weak along with the bushes and the bearings and the setup needs to be replaced.

Although an average car owner might think of it as a huge bummer but owning a GERMAN ENGINEERED car trains you to take these things in with just a 'tsk'. So I have learnt to accept the fact that I drive a VW group car and not a Toyota. 67000 kms on the ODO is probably too much to handle for GERMAN ENGINEERED suspensions.
xplorauto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 09:28   #1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Hi

Is the Philips LED working well. How to solve the error . Any Idea. What's the price.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:31   #1959
BHPian

My yeti had completed 5 years in July and have run 77k and so far it didn't have any major issues. It was regularly serviced at authorized service centre. Since last few days I got the coolant error light pooping up on the display, I opened the coolant container and found it totally dry, called up the service centre and he suggested that i top up with water and notice if their is drop in the coolant level, After we week again the same error message pooping up. This morning I dropped the vehicle at the service centre and the workshop manager is saying that the water pump is the culprit and it needs to be replaced and he is quoting around 10k to do the replacement.

I just googled and found out that water pump replacement has been done by Skoda at free for their customers. But since my Yeti is 5 years old and the extended warranty too is over they are not ready to change the replacement at free. Can someone suggest a way around to get this done without incurring huge cost at my end.
Old 16th January 2017, 18:10   #1960
BHPian

Just saw this post. A friend got Taiwanese made water pump installed. Got it a lot cheaper. Is working well.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2017, 19:12   #1961
BHPian

The new Skoda Yeti for 2017. To be showcased in Geneva in a few weeks.

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-skye40_58b133f8b13b9.jpg
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-skye50_58b133f945148.jpg

Source: http://www.auto.cz/skoda-yeti-vyfocena-maskovani-103769
Old 4th April 2017, 13:19   #1962
BHPian

Well its been close to 5 years since I got the Yeti. The car has run 88k. No major issues what so ever. I upgraded to Falken Wildpeaks recently as many have done on this forum. The ride has improved significantly. Even today, the Yeti surprises me and puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel. Although, I have to admit that I am getting a little bored with it, particularly with newer cars in this segment with the likes of the V40 Cross Country, The GLA, the new X1. I know that these cars are no match when it comes to performance with the Yeti being an all rounder. Even cars from a segment above like the upcoming Q5 is very tempting. So I wondering if its time for a change or should I just freshen things up just a bit to keep things interesting. I have the Silver Elegance Variant, MK1 with Nevis 16". I was thinking of having contrasting roof and mirrors in black and maybe even throw in a roof rack purely for aesthetic purposes. Also add chrome exhaust tips. The leather trim on the steering is perished and that needs replacing as well. Apart from that some good ol 3M TLC inside out should get it upto speed. As far as engine performance goes. I was thinking of adding a Diesel Additive from Liqui Moly which should get back some lost horses.
Old 4th April 2017, 14:26   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
Well its been close to 5 years since I got the Yeti. The car has run 88k. No major issues what so ever. I upgraded to Falken Wildpeaks recently as many have done on this forum. The ride has improved significantly. Even today, the Yeti surprises me and puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel. Although, I have to admit that I am getting a little bored with it, particularly with newer cars in this segment with the likes of the V40 Cross Country, The GLA, the new X1. I know that these cars are no match when it comes to performance with the Yeti being an all rounder. Even cars from a segment above like the upcoming Q5 is very tempting. So I wondering if its time for a change or should I just freshen things up just a bit to keep things interesting. I have the Silver Elegance Variant, MK1 with Nevis 16". I was thinking of having contrasting roof and mirrors in black and maybe even throw in a roof rack purely for aesthetic purposes. Also add chrome exhaust tips. The leather trim on the steering is perished and that needs replacing as well. Apart from that some good ol 3M TLC inside out should get it upto speed. As far as engine performance goes. I was thinking of adding a Diesel Additive from Liqui Moly which should get back some lost horses.
Exactly my experience too with my Yeti, I sold it after driving it for 100,000 kms in 6 years and It still performed as well as ever. And there was hardly any reason to sell it other than the fact that I got bored with it and was itching for something new . Three months into my search and "I still haven't found what I am looking for!" . Nothing matches the Yeti in terms of the overall package and performance. I am waiting for the new Kodiaq though that will be more expensive at around 30 lacs.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 21:20   #1964
BHPian

My Yeti, between Zojila and Drass, June 2016
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_8813c.jpg  

Shwetank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2017, 06:28   #1965
BHPian

Hi all!

My Yeti is 5 years old and has done 1,25,000 plus.
I need replacement rear shock absorbers... which are the sourcing options I can look at?
Part Nos - 1K0 513 029 MN - REAR SHOCKS (2 NOS)
3C0 511 359 - BUFFER ( 1 NO)

(VIN - TMBMDH5L0BA701898)

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks