Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2017, 08:27   #1966
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
Hi all!

My Yeti is 5 years old and has done 1,25,000 plus.
I need replacement rear shock absorbers... which are the sourcing options I can look at?
Part Nos - 1K0 513 029 MN - REAR SHOCKS (2 NOS)
3C0 511 359 - BUFFER ( 1 NO)

(VIN - TMBMDH5L0BA701898)

Thanks in advance
I got mine from Kashmere Gate in Delhi, they were from the German company Borsehung, which supplies to VW as OE. The guy who has them is called Prateek, of GTP trading and his number is 99 10 905555. They costed 13k for the pair and 1.5 for the buffers.

Last edited by Behemoth : 16th April 2017 at 08:28.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 08:15   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Yeti Owners please get to your dealer's workshop and update your software. Yeti has a beat the heat campaign going on for sometime now.
Old 18th April 2017, 13:13   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
Yeti Owners please get to your dealer's workshop and update your software. Yeti has a beat the heat campaign going on for sometime now.
Is this software update related to emission?
Did you get it done? did you feel any loss in power while driving compared to when the car drove prior to update?
please let me know as my car is also due for service this week or next week so i can plan accordingly.
Old 18th April 2017, 13:20   #1969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Is this software update related to emission?
Did you get it done? did you feel any loss in power while driving compared to when the car drove prior to update?
please let me know as my car is also due for service this week or next week so i can plan accordingly.
Yup got it done last week at JMD Bhandup. They had called me up just before the middle of march for this. Idle RPM is now higher. That helps the aircon cooling in traffic snarls. Temp has been showing 42.5 this summer so it's one good thing.

I feel the torque is now better. I can use the 6th gear at a lower speed than before. Earlier I wouldn't use the 6th gear on the EE highway.

This is just my view but I feel the car drives better. I like it slow driving in traffic as well as speeds of about 80 kms
deutscheafrikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2017, 07:53   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I got mine from Kashmere Gate in Delhi, they were from the German company Borsehung
Thank you.
I will contact the person if there is going to be further delay at my service centre. It's been more than a month since we asked for replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Nothing matches the Yeti in terms of the overall package and performance.
I feel exactly same. Though I've not driven other cars, and maybe only traveled in a few. Cursory showroom previews told me I would be satisfied with a Yeti. ( so maybe someone else prefers another car...)

I got to drive a Fortuner close to 100 kms yesterday.
It's a nice vehicle. Lots more people like it than they do the invisible Yeti. But after 5 years with the Yeti, the many fine details that differentiate an expensive car from a good car, those points leave me ( maybe another person may have a different opinion ) preferring the Yeti any day.

Note from Moderator : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th June 2017 at 16:24. Reason: See note in post. Thanks + Sale related post removed.
Old 25th April 2017, 19:08   #1971
BHPian

Hey guys,

Had a small traffic incident last week, thanks to a careless truck driver my LHS mirror broke. So the case and the glass is intact but the plastic part on which the mirror swivels is broken. What are the options for repairs/ replacement ?

Does anyone know what it would cost at the dealership?

I will be going for my 5th service, have just done 45 K so far, do I just go by what is listed on the website? The dealers typically push a lot of unnecessary service on to you, it's better to be armed with information before visiting them hence the ask.

Thanks !

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th June 2017 at 16:25. Reason: Typo.
Old 30th April 2017, 19:17   #1972
BHPian

The Yeti is no longer live on Skoda India's website...In its place, they've got the Kodiaq.. http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/range Now, I do know that the new Yeti (Karoq) is in the pipeline however, the Gen1, Gen2 with its funky styling will be sorely missed. It will go down in history as one of the all time greats, as it set sales charts on fire globally back in 09/10.
autoskooll is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 20:44   #1973
BHPian

Makes me wonder, the way we have a Vento and Rapid, a Jetta and Octavia, does there exist a counterpart for the brilliant Yeti from the VW stable? In any form? The Tiguan is coming up. It's a different segment though. It's in the oven and will be ready to serve soon. Me thinks it's gonna rock big time.

P.S.- forgive the not-so-good pic quality. I clicked it in a hurry at an event.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_20170418_220940.jpg  

Last edited by pixantz : 30th April 2017 at 20:46. Reason: Add more content
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 21:34   #1974
BHPian

Last week I sent my Yeti for 5th year service and at 45k kms with ABS light on. I was travelling for 2 weeks and hence the car was sitting idle. when I got back ABS light flashed on the dash, this has become BAU now and I thought one of the sensor has failed. Autobhan informed me that very evening that my ABS module has failed and they have requested Skoda for a good will warranty. After a week they came back stating the car does not qualify for a goodwill warranty and the replacement cost is 1,40,000/-

I fail to understand how a car with low mileage and serviced only at authorised service centre at specified intervals does not qualify for a goodwill warranty? Any inputs from the forum members on this is welcome.

I have started searching for independent garages which can help replace the part at a reasonable cost. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks.
Faraz.
Old 6th June 2017, 22:37   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
I have started searching for independent garages which can help replace the part at a reasonable cost. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks.
Faraz.
Get it from abroad - you should get UK salvage for about 150 pounds sterling or less (Rs.12k-ish?). Plenty on eBay.

Since Skoda thinks you don't quality for their goodwill, they shouldn't qualify for yours either - take it to an independent garage outside.
Steeroid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 10:56   #1976
BHPian

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Autobhan informed me that very evening that my ABS module has failed and they have requested Skoda for a good will warranty. After a week they came back stating the car does not qualify for a goodwill warranty and the replacement cost is 1,40,000/-

Why dont you check with JMD just to confirm its the ABS module and not just one of the sensors?
It is hard to find independent garages who can do a decent job.
I have been sending my car (fabia) to Jatin from wagenwerkz. You can ask him about the same he has genuine vcds cable and can scan and confirm for you.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:11   #1977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last week I sent my Yeti for 5th year service and at 45k kms with ABS light on.

Thanks.
Faraz.
Just to be sure, get all the 4 wheel ABS sensors replaced. They dont cost too much and there is a discount offer from Skoda for monsoon check of 25% less on spares. You should be able to get all four replaced at around 10k total.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 12:41   #1978
BHPian

Laura uses the same sensors. A friend replaced one sensor on his Yeti and the problem was solved.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 15:46   #1979
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoskooll View Post
The Yeti is no longer live on Skoda India's website...In its place, they've got the Kodiaq.. http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/range Now, I do know that the new Yeti (Karoq) is in the pipeline however, the Gen1, Gen2 with its funky styling will be sorely missed. It will go down in history as one of the all time greats, as it set sales charts on fire globally back in 09/10.
Poor Yeti. The most misjudged car in this silly country of ours! I ve had mine 6 years almost and simply cannot find an equivalent quality replacement with the same or similar functions and capabilities.
It is indeed one of the best ever cars out of Skoda works and it ought to by rights, go down as one of their all time greats.
Except in this blessed country with its completely skewed priorities and rating systems and preferences for form over function.
shankar.balan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 17:48   #1980
BHPian

So true. Sometimes I think Skoda should handover maintenance to VW. Such poor sales for such a good car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks