Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2018, 20:59   #2041
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I received an unofficial quote of around 80000/00. Flywheel also included. Open market stuff is 53000/00 including labour. They say it's the same stuff.
Old 9th June 2018, 21:56   #2042
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
I received an unofficial quote of around 80000/00. Flywheel also included. Open market stuff is 53000/00 including labour. They say it's the same stuff.
53k is for the LuK set. I bought the Sachs kit which costs slightly more thinking that would be the factory OEM, but it turns out that the original on the car is a mix of Sachs and LuK. The Sachs release bearing costs more, for instance - but what was on the Yeti was LuK.
Old 9th June 2018, 22:41   #2043
BHPian

Thanks Steroid. Will go for this then.
Old 10th June 2018, 00:11   #2044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
Thanks Steroid. Will go for this then.
Make sure you're getting the hydraulic release bearings - ask and ensure.
Old 11th June 2018, 10:54   #2045

Dear All,

Have been following this thread closely and have gone through all the messages more than once. The thread has helped me to firm up decision to buy a used Yeti which I picked up on Saturday. Its a 2011, Elegance variant, black with around 70k on the odo. Its a known car owned by my friend and has been taken care of very nicely. Drove the car from Trivandarum to Bangalore and in love with it. No known issues found and the car is fun to drive. Will be referring to old messages for some of the queries which might pop up during my usage of the car and also posting in this thread..
Old 11th June 2018, 18:32   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicblack View Post
Dear All,

Have been following this thread closely and have gone through all the messages more than once. The thread has helped me to firm up decision to buy a used Yeti which I picked up on Saturday. Its a 2011, Elegance variant, black with around 70k on the odo. Its a known car owned by my friend and has been taken care of very nicely. Drove the car from Trivandarum to Bangalore and in love with it. No known issues found and the car is fun to drive. Will be referring to old messages for some of the queries which might pop up during my usage of the car and also posting in this thread..
Congrats. This is good choice. Out of curiousity, how much you paid.
Old 13th June 2018, 15:24   #2047

It came for around 6 lakhs.

Last edited by Zappo : 13th June 2018 at 15:26. Reason: Please proof read before you post. It needed 3 corrections in a 5 word post!
Old 9th July 2018, 12:40   #2048
BHPian

Greetings Folks.

I drive a 2014 Yeti 4x4 Elegance. This morning it wouldn't crank at all. Headlights and horn are functional. Could it be a blown fuse or something like that? Any pointers will help me with the diagnosis when I get back home today.

Many thanks

Jayant
Old 9th July 2018, 12:47   #2049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayant06 View Post
Greetings Folks.

I drive a 2014 Yeti 4x4 Elegance. This morning it wouldn't crank at all. Headlights and horn are functional. Could it be a blown fuse or something like that? Any pointers will help me with the diagnosis when I get back home today.

Many thanks

Jayant
Yes the first thing to check is the starter fuse. It should be IIRC the 50A fuse in the fuse box. In your spare kit which comes with the car, there should be a spare available. If the fuse is fine, the next prospective culprit is the battery. If the battery is end of life, it will just click and the starter motor will not crank at all. You can replace the original battery with an equivalent Exide battery (same or slightly higher DIN rating).
If both of these problems are not the cause, it could be an issue with the starter motor for which you will need to reach out to your workshop for replacement.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 15:06   #2050
BHPian

Thank you so much Behemoth. Appreciate your help. Will chk this out and update
Old 4th September 2018, 17:27   #2051
BHPian

Greetings Behemoth:

My previous issue was with a drained battery and had to be replaced. The replacement from the ASC is an Amron. Is it the same elsewhere too?

I now have received a "software upgrade" recall notification from the dealership. Have you all received anything similar? I hope they don't flash my ECU with a "greener" map

Jayant
Old 4th September 2018, 18:03   #2052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Greetings Behemoth:

My previous issue was with a drained battery and had to be replaced. The replacement from the ASC is an Amron. Is it the same elsewhere too?

I now have received a "software upgrade" recall notification from the dealership. Have you all received anything similar? I hope they don't flash my ECU with a "greener" map

Jayant
The OE battery earlier used to be Varta (Bosch), but that a low life of 2-3 years. Then I believe they changed to Exide (when I had also changed my Laura battery). Amron as OE is probably new. You can get the same rating battery from Amron outside too and probably cheaper. Get it from outside. From my experience I would recommend you get an Exide battery though and not Amron as my Amron battery also failed prematurely in 24months and they did not even give replacement within warranty which was 36 months.
The software update you will have to get done as they are automatic and are like bug fixes.. They just keep coming every 6 months! (In all cars now!)
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2018, 11:14   #2053
BHPian

Took part in a small off roading competition in Kushinagar organised by our motor sports club. Beat the Tiguan and fortuners and other vehicles.
Slushy 6 inches mud and village dirt track.
Old 15th September 2018, 11:19   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings Behemoth:

Jayant
Hey Jayant, Amaron may be a new development as Behemoth states but it definitely is a better battery as my personal experience has been over the past 10 years. They have the 2+2 or 2+1-year warranty depending on the model and they definitely honor that accordingly. If you have a 2+2 then the first two years they give you a replacement and after that they do a pro rata deduction on the old battery if you buy a new battery from them. Of course, the warranty card is a must otherwise it becomes impossible to substantiate. If you buy the battery outside then the rates are much lessor but remember to choose an exclusive Amaron dealer so that you won't have to face any issues later. They definitely last very long and unless there is any related issues, they don't fail easily.
Regarding the software update, ask them if it is anything to do with the emission as there was a big scandal by VW group. So, it could also be the remapping that was ordered to done on the engines as mentioned in their list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The OE battery earlier used to be Varta (Bosch), but that a low life of 2-3 years. Then I believe they changed to Exide (when I had also changed my Laura battery). Amron as OE is probably new. You can get the same rating battery from Amron outside too and probably cheaper. Get it from outside. From my experience I would recommend you get an Exide battery though and not Amron as my Amron battery also failed prematurely in 24months and they did not even give replacement within warranty which was 36 months.
The software update you will have to get done as they are automatic and are like bug fixes.. They just keep coming every 6 months! (In all cars now!)
Hi Behemoth, my father and I have used many a brands of batteries in our family's journey of automobiles over the past 40 years of ownership and most of the previous generation batteries lasted good few years as the electrical and load index were relatively low. It is not the same in the recent past and it becomes very difficult to understand the reasons for the battery to fail and not just the quality of the battery alone. My personal experience has been very different with Exide and Amco before we moved to Amaron almost 10 years ago. Amco was a disaster and they did not last beyond 2 years and Exide did better in some of our cars while fared poorly in others. With Amaron, it has really changed for the better and the average life has been 3-4 years and the best part has been that they haven't failed on our journeys. So, to me they are the best our automobiles could have.

I received the letter for software upgrade too but as predicted it was for the remapping due to the scandal and I declined the same with a letter to my ASC. Cheers
Old 15th September 2018, 13:40   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Greetings Behemoth:

Jayant
Hi Jayant,

I recently changed the battery of my Yeti too. I can also can also confirm that Exide is the better option. I earlier had an amaron which I wasn’t very happy with. Even after it failed, they did not honor the warranty. I then bought an Exide which failed in 25 months (was last month). I bought it from the Exide Shop in Himayathnagar. They are very professional and promptly replaced it with a new one, no questions asked, after a 45% warranty discount. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Hruday

Most Viewed