Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 21:29   #2131

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
@ vipinprasad -
Yes on my recent investigations into selling my Yeti I kept crossing your tracks. I am not in a hurry to sell it. I am clear that I will only give it to someone I like and who likes and understands this vehicle.
Great. Hope you find a buyer who loves your Yeti as much as you have On price you have a reference of the price I got!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd November 2019 at 12:02. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting a large post as it inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
Old 21st November 2019, 21:48   #2132
BHPian

Quote:
Hey
I want a Mini Cooper (second hand).
Hence want to sell Yeti.
I want a small AT Sports Luxe Hatchback at this stage in my life.
Don't look at a Cooper (too small), look at a countryman. Even better a pre owned discovery sport or an evoque.
Old 22nd November 2019, 07:44   #2133
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@vipin - thanks.
I seem to have found a buyer and the price appears to be in the ballpark.

@ airbuscapt -
I do appreciate the Mini is tiny.
But I love it.

I dont however find enough appeal in the Countryman or the Discovery Sport and the Evoque. All of these are anyway too large for my specific needs and wants. If I think a bit, the Yeti is more than comparable to any of these three except for the lack of AT.
Old 22nd November 2019, 08:39   #2134
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Shankar, I can feel your passion/enthusiasm to hand over your precious Yeti to a worthy buyer. Best of luck on that!

In the EU at least, Skoda is touting the Kamiq as the Yeti replacement. If India gets a 4x4 powerful version, will that fill your void?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 09:21   #2135
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Dear Shankar, I can feel your passion/enthusiasm to hand over your precious Yeti to a worthy buyer. Best of luck on that!

In the EU at least, Skoda is touting the Kamiq as the Yeti replacement. If India gets a 4x4 powerful version, will that fill your void?

Not sure really whether I would want a Kamiq.
The Yeti was a quirky looking thing. Part of its niche appeal. Nothing quite like the original in my book.

The Kamiq and its ilk are much more mainstream in their design and aesthetics.

However, if it meets or exceeds the Yeti from a purely functional point of view, most certainly it will be worth consideration. But the appeal of the Yeti lay in its strange looks, niche aesthetics and absolutely superb functionality.

The thing is that where the Yeti cost approx.
20 lacs ish in 2010-2011, what one is able to get nowadays in 2019-2020, for that kind of money is only a second hand European car or a first hand Korean/ Japanese mass product.

Buying any brand new car across classes nowadays, is hardly a sensible option for anyone, irrespective, given the truly vicious prices of these cars and the taxes and insurance and all the rest of it.

Hence, better to either hang on to ones trusty steed or buy from the used market.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 02:51   #2136
BANNED

Im now navigating the on boarding of a beautifully kept used Cooper S.

And at the same time navigating the exit of my Yeti.

All should become clear over the next few weeks.

Will keep the group posted and aware.
Old 1st December 2019, 14:34   #2137

Quote:
Im now navigating the on boarding of a beautifully kept used Cooper S.Will keep the group posted and aware.
Best wishes Shankar. Look forward to see the pics of the Cooper S
Old 9th December 2019, 12:19   #2138

Hi Sankar
I am on the lookout for a well maintained Yeti. Please revert if you are still planning to sell it.
Old 19th December 2019, 22:50   #2139
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows the location of the Yaw Rate sensor in Yeti? Had an error with Stabilization control (ESC) and VCDS scan is showing circuit issue with Yaw Rate Sensor (G202).
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 12:04   #2140
BHPian

Am debating about selling my Yeti in Kolkata, am not yet comfortable as I am yet to see a vehicle to match it. Its a 2010 Ambition 4x4, late December registration and has just done 40,000 KM, 99% of it city driving.
The only reason is, I would now prefer driving an automatic. But, the debate continues..
Old 18th May 2020, 22:42   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Update:
hello sir,

I have been following your thread about the Skoda Yeti and finally got one myself. I have got the same blue colour 4*4 done around 78k kms for 3.6 lakhs (hope that is a good deal).
I would like to ask for your help regarding the following:
1. Where do you source the spare parts from? I usually get the spares from Palika Bhawan for my BMW.
2. How has been the ownership experience so far? Do you still have the car?
3. Can you please suggest some FNG to get the yeti serviced and maintained.
4. I am planning to get the 9W7 bluetooth kit for my Laura and Yeti? Have you considered something like that considering Skoda Swing does have bluetooth compatibility!

Thanks and regards,

Note from Support: Typos fixed.
German_clan
Old 6th June 2020, 17:13   #2142

My first car was the Skoda Fabia 2013. Drove it for 1,30,000km before I sold it & relocated. With that ownership experience, bought a used Yeti 4x4 Ambienté 2011 model. It has now clocked 1,18,000km and recently the clutch pedal stopped returning after gearshift. The Skoda Workshop initially thought it was the Master cylinder that needed replacement but now they believe the clutch plate-pressure plate-flywheel assembly needs to be replaced along with the water pump assembly which is due.
I know for a fact that the assembly costs ~ ₹47k for a Luk, maybe ₹2-3k more for Sachs.
I'm not sure about the cost of Water pump. Need some help in sourcing these two assemblies. I live in Mumbai. The Yeti is in Mangalore, Karnataka.
Old 6th June 2020, 21:47   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkodaFan0 View Post
My first car was the Skoda Fabia 2013. Drove it for 1,30,000km before I sold it & relocated. With that ownership experience, bought a used Yeti 4x4 Ambienté 2011 model. It has now clocked 1,18,000km and recently the clutch pedal stopped returning after gearshift. The Skoda Workshop initially thought it was the Master cylinder that needed replacement but now they believe the clutch plate-pressure plate-flywheel assembly needs to be replaced along with the water pump assembly which is due.
I know for a fact that the assembly costs ~ ₹47k for a Luk, maybe ₹2-3k more for Sachs.
I'm not sure about the cost of Water pump. Need some help in sourcing these two assemblies. I live in Mumbai. The Yeti is in Mangalore, Karnataka.
Try sparehub. It's based out of Pune and has parts available at a reasonable cost. I have used them extensively and am satisfied. They will do a vin match before confirming the order. You can get in touch with them in whatsapp.
Landline
Whatsapp
+91 93079 01458
abbey4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 19:04   #2144

Sorry if this is off - topic but my problem has been resolved. Abbey4u thank you for your support and help. But Sparehub neither responded to calls not WhatsApp.

The Yeti AWD had a depressed clutch pedal which just wouldn't return. My parents had to leave the car wayside about a kilometre from my in-laws place.
The Skoda workshop said the following had to be replaced: Clutch plate - Pressure plate - Release Bearing, Flywheel, Master and Slave cylinders.
Approx. estimate: ₹1,14,000/-.
Got the work done from a Bosch garage in Mangalore for: ₹30,000/-. Upon inspection, they found very little wear on the flywheel which did not need replacement. Master cylinder was in good health and hence not replaced. Additional towing charges: ₹3500/- for nearly 100km. Dad smiled driving all the way back home.
SkodaFan0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 17:52   #2145

Skoda Yeti 2011 4x4 Elegance climate control problem
Hello BHPians
I am a new member. I was hooked onto Team BHP forum during my compulsary quarantine after my COVID duty (I'm a medicine resident doctor).
I have a very unique problem in my car. I'm aware of Skoda's problems with AC and have faced my share of problems. A few years back my car's AC just stopped working - not cooling at all. After a lot of efforts, the final solution was changing the compressor which was done by Skoda ASS. The cooling was restored, infact became better, but it came at the cost of some engine performance and fuel efficiency. But no one cared in my house at that time because peak summers in Chandigarh means you need the AC at all cost. But cut to the winter of that year, I noticed a weird problem. The car heating system didn't work. No matter how much I raised the temperature, it just blowed cold air. Another major problem I noticed was that the front defogger didn't work. On pressing the defogger switch it just blew cold air in the cabin at full speed. We showed Skoda ASS and their solution was change the climate control unit, which was an expensive affair. The problem could not be identified by outside experts too. We've been living with that problem ever since. Since we have other cars, the Skoda is limited to some city use in the daytime during winters or keeping the windows down during the chilly winters.
Now, we have decided to hang on to our Yeti for a couple of more years and have decided to finally repair this problem once and for all. I was hoping for help on Team BHP regarding the same. Fingers crossed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks