Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 16:08   #2176

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

The sound comes just after few feet of driving from my garage. It comes from the backside of the vehicle. Not able to determine the exact location.
Old 22nd February 2022, 02:56   #2177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik0305 View Post
The sound comes just after few feet of driving from my garage. It comes from the backside of the vehicle. Not able to determine the exact location.
Weird question, do you use the handbrake when the car is parked? Prolonged handbrake engagement can cause this issue. I noticed this with my Jetta too. The brakes then make this very noise for the first few meters of driving.

Frequent usage doesn't cause this issue.
Old 22nd February 2022, 06:32   #2178

May be yes. I normally use handbrake while parking
Old 22nd February 2022, 14:34   #2179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srik0305 View Post
May be yes. I normally use handbrake while parking
If possible, leave the car in gear next time and don't use the handbrake. If the sound doesn't reappear, its just a phenomenon of sticky rear brakes due to prolonged handbrake use. Not something I would worry about at all.
Old 30th April 2022, 15:17   #2180
BHPian

My Yeti is now 10 years old. The ac was not cooling, so I went to authorised workshop here inPatna. They gave me an estimate of Rs1,80000.00, saying compressor etc needs to be changed. This included the ac switch which they said was shorting.
I went to a friend who deals in old cars. Cost of repairs Rs8000/00. Excluding the switch .
The ac is working perfectly now. Just the valve was malfunctioning.
It is simply beyond my understanding as to why Skoda can’t support old customers who have stood by them through all the horrors of Skoda after sales service for so many years. For two lakhs you can get an old Yeti. It is clearly too much to ask Skoda to advise their dealers to charge reasonably. I wonder if it’s even a part of their policy to see their cars running for a decade or more.
Carcrazy60 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:56   #2181
BHPian

My 2014 4x4 model is going in for service soon. A local garage that has most of the tools to handle the electronics and other VAG component servicing, but for the Haldex.

I came across MANNOL 8100 AWD Haldex Differential Gear Oil Transmission Fluid Fully Synthetic 850ml listing on Amazon India.
Could this be a substitute for OEM Haldex oil? I've not found anywhere to get a hold of.

Avoiding Skoda service centers for a bad experience and terrible mark-ups
Old 22nd August 2022, 17:57   #2182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcrazy60 View Post
My Yeti is now 10 years old. The ac was not cooling, so I went to authorised workshop here inPatna. They gave me an estimate of Rs1,80000.00, saying compressor etc needs to be changed. This included the ac switch which they said was shorting.
I went to a friend who deals in old cars. Cost of repairs Rs8000/00. Excluding the switch .
The ac is working perfectly now. Just the valve was malfunctioning.
It is simply beyond my understanding as to why Skoda can’t support old customers who have stood by them through all the horrors of Skoda after sales service for so many years. For two lakhs you can get an old Yeti. It is clearly too much to ask Skoda to advise their dealers to charge reasonably. I wonder if it’s even a part of their policy to see their cars running for a decade or more.
Nothing surprising here. Not just Skoda, you will most likely face the same fat estimate with almost any service center of any brand, with a 8-10 year old car. Just straightaway some or many parts replacement recommendation without even investigating the issue.

STRONGLY avoid authorized service centers for old cars. Their eyes pop out when these vehicles come in. Milking opportunity is hardly ever missed .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2022, 19:07   #2183
BHPian

Hi all,
I'm in ownership of a pre-worshiped Yeti 4x4 Elegance since last 5 months. Needless to say, I am very happy on having it driven for almost 9k kms so far & it has just crossed the magic figure of 1L kms in the odometer.

However as they say, good times don't last longer. One fine morning last week, the front wipers of my Yeti refused to operate, just out of nothing.
I was almost clueless for this sudden problem as the front washer spray & the rear wiper were working fine. Anyway, very first I decided to go for self checking of all fuses in the engine bay & also in the dash board. But the problem couldn't get resolved with that.

I then visited my regular FNG here in Sangli for getting the Motor & the wiring checked which also was found to be all well.
But then after some thoughtful/ keen inspection & thorough cleaning of all fuses/ connections & specifically the bonnet latch, the problem got resolved & the wipers started functioning in proper manner.

So probably there might have had some misalignment/ loose connection in the bonnet latch assembly that could have caused the problem as I guess, the wipers in the Skoda cars won't function when the bonnet is not closed properly. Hope this would be the end of the problem.

Anybody here having gone through similar experience may please share information, opinion/ thoughts on this issue.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img20221016062114.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img20221015171724.jpg  

Dr.Vikas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 16:07   #2184

Re: Haldex Gen4 Basic Information for maintenance - Yeti 4x4 / Skoda Superb 3.6 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_clt View Post
No filter replacement for Haldex Gen4: If I’m not mistaken, unlike previous generation of Haldex (i.e. gen1/2/3 which fortunately are not there in any model sold in India as I recall), only the fluid needs periodic replacement for Gen4 & Gen5 systems (no need of filter replacement). Official documentations indicates these filters as “no-maintenance fleece filter”. There are indeed videos and information available on filter replacement, but I doubt if it is recommended by VAG procedure or requirements as part of the 4year/60k KM maintenance for Gen4 Haldex units.
You are right VAG doesn't recommend filter replacement and it doesn't even list the filter in service manual or provide the necessary part numbers. But a large part of Haldex failures have been attributed to gunked up filters. BriSkoda and other VAG forums have numerous threads about this concern. This generally throws up the 00448 fault/error code in VCDS.
Fortunately for us lot, OEM supplier BorgWarner (who bought Haldex's traction division almost a decade ago) sells the filter separately.

Recently I faced this issue. VCDS showed 00448 - 011 fault code (Open circuit - Intermittent). Ordered a filter from UK and replaced the Haldex fluid(bought from Boodmo). Its quite easy to replace. Unfortunately, the person who serviced mine was unwilling to listen and did it very crudely. But this cleared the error.

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-20221205_113131.jpg
Haldex Gen4 filter. A new filter cover is also part of the kit
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-20221205_113029.jpg

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-haldex-filter.jpg
This whole thing gets replaced. It sits right above the pump.

Its a very straight forward process just remove the two screws and run the pump via VCDS, this pops the filter cover off and then just use a plier to pull out the filter. Clean the area with a cloth and install the new kit.

Quote:
Haldex fluid and composition is quite proprietary. Unlike for the DSG fluids or MT fluid or front/rear diff fluids, I haven’t personally seen any aftermarket equivalent for the Haldex fluid (even from LiquiMoly). I would highly recommend that if you are replacing the fluid in a FNG, you get the genuine VAG Haldex fluid itself. If there is aftermarket equivalent for Haldex fluid, please do let me know 😊
In India there are none but in Europe, UK and many other countries SWAG and Febi Bilstein sell Haldex fluids. They cost almost 40-50% less than the VAG fluid.

Quote:
The part number for Gen4 Haldex fluid (1L bottle) is G055175A2 (as rightly mentioned above and in other threads). I am not sure of the exact drain/refill capacity. Someone else could confirm the same
For my Yeti it was a little under 700 ml.
Quadrant55 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 18:43   #2185
BHPian

Car has completed 136,000 kms. Got a new set o tyres as prior set had were quite bald. Wanted to all terrain tyres. Got the Good Year Wrangler installed, but the front tyres were touching the mudflap on full lock turns. Was not sure of unintended consequences of removing the mudflaps. It was also suggested that i get a 2inch lift kit / spacers to increase ride height to accommodate the AT tyres. Ended up getting a standard set of Yokohama's. Finished a 4,000kms road trip across Gujarat and Rajasthan on new tyres and car was a quite happy mile muncher.

Been meaning to get haldex fluid changed for quite a while and had been following up with Skoda ASC. Was in touch with Modi Skoda at Mahalaxmi. They had quoted Rs.4,000 for Haldex fluid change. Said Skoda doesn't recommended a filter change in India. Managed to source a filter set on my own and went back to them. But they refused to change the filter. I asked them to sell me the fluid so that I could have the filter change done outside. Refused my request on this as well.

Ordered the Mannol Haldex Fluid from Amazon and got the fluid change done at my local FNG.

Got the car onto jacks/stilts. Located the fill plug and made sure it isn't jammed and got it unscrewed. Next filter cap was removed. Pushed a screw into the white element and used a pair of pliers to remove it to access the filter. Didn't need to use VAGCOM/VCDS to activate the Haldex pump and build pressure to pop it out.

The fluid was in good condition and so was the filter. At this point realized that didn't actually need to change the filter nor the fluid. Bot were clean, and it seems the Haldex has barely been engaged, if at all through the cars life so far.

Put in the new filter, and topped up he Mannol Haldex Fluid. The can was 850ml and about 150-200ml is still left. So about 700ml is what was consumed.

Post this service drove to Karjat next day. Took the car up the treacherous steep route to base village for Kothligad fort. Car went up without any fuss and was a breeze to drive up there.

Also the covers for the front roof racks had gone missing. It seems these are being stolen off late. First my front right disappeared followed by my front left a few weeks later. Noticed them missing on other Yeti's on the road as well.

Had ordered replacements and got them installed. Hope they don't go off again.

During the haldex fluid change it was observed that the outer rubber ring on the universal joint connecting the propellor shaft to the Haldex clutch is crumbling and about to give away. See last image/gif. Would like some advise, on what is the utility of the rubber ring. I assume the joint will continue to work as is. Is change of part immediately warranted. If anyone has sourced, changed this part, would love to know more.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-1.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-2.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-3.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-4.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-5.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-6.jpg  

Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-7.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by skyline_r34 : 28th February 2023 at 19:05. Reason: missed adding a part
skyline_r34 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 09:18   #2186
BHPian

Mine completed 60,000 Km and got the Haldex done at a local garage. Skoda service center claimed its lifetime fluid and does not require any maintenance.
Having driven mine on a few dirt trails and up a few hills, felt it needed some preventive maintenance. Fortunately, the local garage did have a lift and a diagnostic kit that could flush the fluid out. It was a quick job. The filter was not available locally. The existing one was not bad. Just needed a bit of cleaning.
The service center did not keep stock of any Haldex fluid and neither did VW (the old Tiguan was also an AWD variant and those owners are facing similar issues). Mannol Haldex Fluid was a welcome sight online and got a couple of cans.

The gif looks like the flex disk anti-vibration weight seems to be going bad or the radial shaft seal
https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-pa...oda-15287.html

I've bought some bits from sites like Boodmo.com
Might be worth looking them up if the foreign sites do not have the option to ship thru our customs.
trailsndirt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 21:58   #2187
BHPian

Hi all,
Recently I got the annual service of my Yeti Elegance (Odo: 105k) done at Skoda ASC.
Got 15% discount on few spares as there was Summer campaign going on.
The job included all filters/ Oil change with Timing Kit and Water pump replacement. Total Bill was around 37+k with 32k for spares & 5k towards service/ labor charge.
Attaching herewith the list of spares from final Invoice for reference.

Eventually Haldex fluid wasn't readily available with the workshop and hence I've to plan it for the next visit. But with reference to the above few posts here, I'd probably reach out to my regular local FNG to get it done soon, though there hasn't been any issue observed so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-img_20230308_205348.jpg  

Dr.Vikas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 15:26   #2188

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_r34 View Post
Ordered the Mannol Haldex Fluid from Amazon and got the fluid change done at my local FNG.
I also wanted to order the Mannol AWD fluid considering the price difference was almost 6k but was unsure of Mannol's quality. I had even raised a query on the Skoda/VW oils thread (Skoda / VW Group Engine Oils) and the responses were not encouraging. So didn't want to take a risk and went ahead with VW Haldex fluid.

Quote:
Also the covers for the front roof racks had gone missing. It seems these are being stolen off late. First my front right disappeared followed by my front left a few weeks later. Noticed them missing on other Yeti's on the road as well.

Had ordered replacements and got them installed. Hope they don't go off again.
The covers for both my roof rails are also missing. Plan to get them replaced. Please share from where you had ordered the replacements.
Old 17th March 2023, 23:20   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrant55 View Post
The covers for both my roof rails are also missing. Plan to get them replaced. Please share from where you had ordered the replacements.
I had ordered them on AliExpress, delivered to the Middle East.
skyline_r34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 12:22   #2190

Quote:
I had ordered them on AliExpress, delivered to the Middle East.
Oh okay, they are available on Boodmo for almost 3k each. How much did they cost you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks