Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 10:04   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryManUnited View Post
The website mentions that "Corrida Red" is one of the color options. Vinayak Skoda in Bangalore claims Red is not available in India. Does anyone have any news on that ?
May be the red color is not present in their allocation list. Cars are yet to be alloted to the dealers thats the info I got from one of the dealer here and was told that the red is available. Could be that red is being made available in few cities or few dealers.

Last edited by Invinsible : 30th November 2010 at 10:06.
Old 30th November 2010, 20:30   #212
BHPian

great review ! Does Skoda have any plans to launch this thing in automatic variants ?
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:16   #213
BHPian

Skoda YETI Greenline

(MODS: Pls. don't merge this with the other Yeti threads - its got a different spin to it)

Internationally, the Yeti Greenline comes with the following:

- 1.6L CRDi engine ala Vento
- 5 Speed Transmission with revised, taller ratios
- Start Stop
- Smart Alternator with Brake Energy Capture
- 25mm Lower ride height
- 16" rims with low rolling resistance rubber, 10mm thinner (205/60 vs. 215/60)

Those of us who know anything about the German's more environmentally sensible cars know that most of these cannot be offered in India because of enviromental and/or costing obstacles.

For instance, lower ground clearance has no value add in India because of our crater filled roads and lower average driving speeds. Start/stop and brake energy regeneration would be great, but that means higher sale pricing and added aftersales complexity, something Skoda isn't great at anyway.

But VW India did launch the Polo TDi, with the same powertain that is sold on the Polo Bluemotion. And it does return remarkably good efficiency numbers and is selling very well.

I wonder if launching the 1.6L with as many of the above features, minus the 4WD, with a price tag 1.5 lacs lower than the Yeti Ambiente will make sense to Skoda India. Given the "value" conscious Yeti buyer who's still waiting and watching, it just may make sense?

It certainly does to me!

Last edited by Screwdriva : 3rd December 2010 at 11:21.
Old 3rd December 2010, 16:20   #214
BHPian

How about a sub 1.5L CRDi motor to qualify for ED benefits and passing on to the consumer? The 4x2 is also a good idea.

Note: reduction in ex-showroom price also reduces the road tax and insurance
Old 3rd December 2010, 16:52   #215
BHPian

hmmm....

I thought about the sub 1.5L subsidy, but realized that VW doesn't have any engine other than the 1.2L 75BHP FGT diesel sold on the Polo/ Fabia. If people are complaining that its underpowered on those cars, then they'll probably commit suicide when they drive the 1.2L Diesel Yeti.

The only way Skoda can take advantage of the subsidy is by launching the 1.2L TSi engine...but alas...our poor fuel quality means the engine will likely detonate within the first year of ownership.

That only leaves the 1.6L 105 BHP diesel, which IMO, fits the car well
Old 3rd December 2010, 17:31   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
How about a sub 1.5L CRDi motor to qualify for ED benefits and passing on to the consumer? The 4x2 is also a good idea.
Yeti is well above 4 meters in length. It won't qualify for this benefit anyway.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:21   #217
BHPian

Skoda Yeti Elegance

I got my car on Friday. Skoda India seemed to have cut costs in ways which are irritating. No front mud flaps, though the in-dash music system has a phone button, it has been dummied.... no bluetooth. I would think that when you pay 20 lakhs for a car, these are things you should expect to have.

Indeed it is a pity that the beautiful Amazonian Green is not offered in India, nor the option of that fabulous Sun Roof..... even the passenger side mirror lowering to show the kerb when reverse gear is engaged would have been great!
Old 6th December 2010, 11:41   #218
BHPian

Elegance has the Phone connectivity, as the system is Bolero and this provides the phone connectivity, phone need to be added through the MID and not through the Music System, please read the user manual, the system is similar to Superb, let me know if you are able to get this working, else please look at internet with Skoda Bluetooth connectivity with Bolero system.

-Pramod

PS : Please refer to this PDF that is for superb but should work for yeti
http://briskoda.net/forums/index.php...ttach_id=22796

Last edited by pramods : 6th December 2010 at 11:51.
Old 6th December 2010, 11:58   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
I got my car on Friday. Skoda India seemed to have cut costs in ways which are irritating. No front mud flaps, though the in-dash music system has a phone button, it has been dummied.... no bluetooth. I would think that when you pay 20 lakhs for a car, these are things you should expect to have.

Indeed it is a pity that the beautiful Amazonian Green is not offered in India, nor the option of that fabulous Sun Roof..... even the passenger side mirror lowering to show the kerb when reverse gear is engaged would have been great!
Congrats on being the first Yeti owner Tbhp.
The mudflabs for sure would have made very little difference in price.
There are many hidden features that one could get it activated using VAGCOM including the mirror lowing during reversing.
The expense could be around Rs.1000 to make use of the VAG COM at the service dealer where one could personally check if some hidden feature could be activated. More so I would suggest to go through the manual to understand it better if there are any.
Old 6th December 2010, 12:59   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I got my car on Friday.
Congrats on your new car!
Hope to see a detailed ownership thread soon
Old 6th December 2010, 16:49   #221
BANNED

Quote:
One question Spectator:

In your opinion, which one, in case you compared, is a better 5 seater purely in terms of cabin space and legroom. The Laura or the Yeti?
Old 6th December 2010, 17:59   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
One question Spectator:

In your opinion, which one, in case you compared, is a better 5 seater purely in terms of cabin space and legroom. The Laura or the Yeti?
Also check Mod Anshuman's thread on Laura ownership, it has some comparison.
Old 6th December 2010, 20:53   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
One question Spectator:

In my opinion I found space arrangement better in Yeti compared to laura, can say this as we have one laura in the family. Being 6 foot, I liked the driving space /legroom better in Yeti. With driver seat height at max and all the way back its comfortable in front and yet leaving bit more space for the back passenger compared to laura.
Old 6th December 2010, 21:09   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Also check Mod Anshuman's thread on Laura ownership, it has some comparison.
I have asked the same question there and Anshuman has not compared them for a 5 seat configuration. He has replied.
You can read his reply there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
With driver seat height at max and all the way back its comfortable in front and yet leaving bit more space for the back passenger compared to laura.
Not the driver's seat Invinsible, I am specifically interested in all the 5 passengers. More so since the Yeti's middle seat is more like a 4 seater, at least going by the looks of it. In fact, I m least interested in the driver's seat since I have sat in it and know that it is comfortable.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:19   #225
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...though the in-dash music system has a phone button, it has been dummied.... no bluetooth.
Congrats on the purchase.

Y'know, even the top-of-the-line Superb did not come with bluetooth (all buttons present but no functionality!) until recently, they have only recently started to include the BT module.

Quote:
...the passenger side mirror lowering to show the kerb when reverse gear is engaged would have been great!
Not sure, but this might be do-able with some VAG-COM tweaking?
Related thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...g-vag-com.html

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks