Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 06:52   #271
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Those Video with those stupid tests are good to watch but if you intend to take them seriously take them with truckloads of salt. But no doubts about the Yeti being a well built excellent car.
Oh definitely. But what I noticed is that they normally praise really high end models or super cars. Outside of those group, I have seen Skoda Octavia (Laura for us) and now Yeti raking in some positive reviews
Old 25th January 2011, 18:44   #272
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP View Post
The Review here claims the price is between 15 to 17lakhs but today the sales man told me the Elegance costs 19.2lakhs!!
The review mentioned the ex-showroom Delhi price.
Perhaps the salesman you spoke to is talking about something closer to the on-road price? (though that should be more like 20.5+ in Bangalore).

cya
R
Old 29th January 2011, 17:18   #273
BHPian

Test drove the Yeti today. I must say even though ive heared the Skoda horror stories, i really do like the car except that i found the elegance a tad overpriced by a couple of lakhs.
Old 7th February 2011, 20:58   #274
Senior - BHPian

Found a very interesting comparison review of Yeti pitted against VW Tiguan, BMW X3, Nissan Qashqai, Renualt Koleos, Audi Q5, Hyundai ix35.

Surprising Yeti suppresses all of them in overall score. Don't know if the review is biased towards the Yeti. Here's link to it, translated from German.

Google Translate

Google Translate

Last edited by Invinsible : 7th February 2011 at 20:59.
Old 12th February 2011, 11:32   #275
BHPian

I had an opportunity to test drive the Skoda yeti yesterday, first impression...
Definitely lacks the SUV feel, sit inside on the driver's seat; I felt wagonR had better visibility than this. Plastics all around feels hard and that too cheap version of it ( I am assuming they are picking some of these parts from lower cost cars bin to reduce cost).

No electric seat adjust for a 20 Lakhs car, finding a comfortable seating position is not tough though. start the car, diesel clatter is too obvious, pickup is smooth, turbo lag is noticeable at lower RPM. back seat is good for 2 people only, had enough leg room in the back. overall inside feel is of a premium hatch back (for 20 lakhs). I am amazed to see this is selling about 300+ units a month, probably thats because people are not able to get their hands on a premium diesel SUV below 20 lakhs (on road).
Boot is very crammed with the space saver filling up most of the boot floor (sure an after thought).

Didn't get a chance to check the off-road capabilities, sure it can travel a bit on the dusty roads (Nat geo show!). With a ground clearance of just 180 mm, this is meant for our monsoon climate than anything else. Overall fairly disappointed after reading a lot about Yeti; may be my expectation was too high; after all it is selling more than any other SUV except Fortuner...
Old 12th February 2011, 14:20   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknair View Post
Plastics all around feels hard and that too cheap version of it ( I am assuming they are picking some of these parts from lower cost cars bin to reduce cost).
I am surprised that you found the interiors on the cheap quality side.
Almost every review here in India and in Europe have found the quality of the interiors top notch and some have even compared to the quality that of the Audi.

Quote:
start the car, diesel clatter is too obvious, pickup is smooth, turbo lag is noticeable at lower RPM.
Agree the diesel clatter is present and they could used some sound insulation to cut it down. It's the same engine used by Audi and VW however clatter doesn't enter as they use better sound damping in the cabin. Have found the clatter reduces after first 2-3k kms drive.

Quote:
Didn't get a chance to check the off-road capabilities, sure it can travel a bit on the dusty roads (Nat geo show!). With a ground clearance of just 180 mm, this is meant for our monsoon climate than anything else. Overall fairly disappointed after reading a lot about Yeti; may be my expectation was too high; after all it is selling more than any other SUV except Fortuner...
As far off roading is concerned it surely does better than the most soft roaders can do. It's just not about the GC, Yeti has short wheelbase and overhangs which enables it to do some off road bits.
There's a video posted on this on a bit that Yeti could do. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2144764
Old 19th February 2011, 13:31   #277
BHPian

Is Yeti taking a CBM route or assembled in India. I saw a back episode of Top Gear & Clarkson was singing praises for this car.
Old 25th February 2011, 18:20   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invinsible View Post
I am surprised that you found the interiors on the cheap quality side.
Almost every review here in India and in Europe have found the quality of the interiors top notch and some have even compared to the quality that of the Audi.

Agree the diesel clatter is present and they could used some sound insulation to cut it down. It's the same engine used by Audi and VW however clatter doesn't enter as they use better sound damping in the cabin. Have found the clatter reduces after first 2-3k kms drive.

As far off roading is concerned it surely does better than the most soft roaders can do. It's just not about the GC, Yeti has short wheelbase and overhangs which enables it to do some off road bits.
There's a video posted on this on a bit that Yeti could do. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2144764

I agree with all the pointers here. Have driven the Yeti extensively for over 3000km across various terrains including the one shown in the picture here.
The interiors are good for this price, the engine in the same league (noise wise) as others and its off-roading abilities are tremendously good. I m searching for more pics in tougher environments which did surprise me a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-yeti.jpg  

Old 25th February 2011, 22:15   #279
BHPian

the price difference between the ambiente and the elegance is about 1.6 lakhs on road mumbai. Does it justify the price difference ? the elegance has the off road option and the sales guy claimed that you dont really the off road option to go offroad the yeti being a 4x4 can go offroad without the option. which version is the better bet ?
Old 25th February 2011, 22:21   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
the elegance has the off road option and the sales guy claimed that you dont really the off road option to go offroad the yeti being a 4x4 can go offroad without the option.
That's left me scratching my head!
Old 25th February 2011, 23:28   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
the price difference between the ambiente and the elegance is about 1.6 lakhs on road mumbai. Does it justify the price difference ? the elegance has the off road option and the sales guy claimed that you dont really the off road option to go offroad the yeti being a 4x4 can go offroad without the option. which version is the better bet ?
The Elegance certainly is a good deal for what it offers over the Ambiente. I would say go for it. Also if you do plan on even doing mild offroading the offroad button will help, since it adjusts the throttle response, esp and abs for offroad conditions. Also you get hill decent control.
Old 26th February 2011, 00:08   #282
BHPian

All the electronic adjust better and works in offroad mode, even e-diff lock works and react better in with off road switch. Ambient do have the capability but te reaction time electronic capability for off road is limited. I fully agree with Akshay, if there is any remote possibility of offroad go for elegance.
-Pramod
Old 26th February 2011, 01:19   #283
BHPian

@pramods & @akshay: thanks for the view points. yes currently considering will decide within a couple of weeks. wondering if the proposed india - eu fta will reduce the yeti's pricing :P .. on a positive note autobahn skoda has received a very substantial booking for the yeti on three different occasions that i visited them they were delivering a bunch of yeti's in the ambient trim. its good to see the car selling well.

Last edited by M00M : 26th February 2011 at 01:24.
Old 15th April 2011, 19:41   #284
BHPian

I do not know if anyone is aware of this, but this really makes me want to go out and buy a Yeti( although the ad states it can be done to all cars)

Old 15th April 2011, 20:42   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, SwissRoomBox can, it seems, be installed in a variety of vehicles.

(Wait... was it the woman you meant? She is not a standard fitting on any Skoda available in India )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks