Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 13:02   #361
Team-BHP Support

Re: is the 110 bhp yeti out?? skoda website update.

Looks like Skoda is answering a lot of prayers this Christmas.

Great move by Skoda. A 110 BHP 2WD cross-over at a good price-point is exactly what the doctor ordered. I know two BHPians who would be very pleased. Ampere, Shankar?

So looks like Ford's new EcoSport has its work cut out for it.

What Skoda should do is hopefully not skimp on any features for this 110 horsepower variant.Make it as premium as they can, and provide it with a lesser engine and a less-complicated, lighter and more less-expensive drive-train. If the Yeti retails at 13 lakhs OTR Bangalore, we may look past the MissionL-Laura next year and probably go ahead and buy this!
Old 17th November 2011, 13:13   #362
Team-BHP Support

It still says 2L D? Should it not be the 1.6L Diesel?
The one that services Vento/Rapid?
Old 17th November 2011, 13:43   #363
Senior - BHPian

Excellent catch. Eagerly awaiting for pricing details of this variant. Going by the positioning of rapid, I'm optimistic that skoda will price this right.

I was surprised to see a half page advertisement of yeti in the newspaper today when they launched the rapid yesterday. After seeing this thread, I can understand the reason why.
Old 17th November 2011, 13:54   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
The version is coined as"Active". The PDF brochure is however yet to be updated. 2WD Yeti becomes just another spacious quality hatch. Maybe an automatic gearbox along with power fold mirrors and rear parking assist might have made it a better deal for prospective city drivers. Sigh!
Sorry, but I don't quite understand the psyche

When we get the fully loaded version, we say that it is too costly@15.xx ex showroom (Me included). Now, when they launch a cheaper version, we say that it defeats the purpose.

In an ideal world, a bottom end Yeti@ 10 lakh and top end @12 lakh will be ideal. But considering the junta preferences, I'll say it is a good move.

ANy idea about the prices? TO, me this needs to be at least 2-3 lakhs cheaper for it to have any chance. Else, the current version is available@13.99 (or maybe lesser) anyway.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 17th November 2011 at 13:55.
Old 17th November 2011, 14:02   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
The 4x2 specs and details has been out on Skoda India site, cost of this has to be in low with missing electronic and haldex clutch, hope to see a lot Yeti on road now, the safety feature are mostly intact as in Ambition.
The gearbox is also different, its a 5 speed manual rather than the 6 speed in the Ambition and Elegance, the cost difference between Ambition and Elegance for the electronic and extra Airbags where almost 1 lac so expect a difference between Ambition and Active to be in range of 1.5-2 lac that should make the cost of Active to be in range of 14 Lac on road!

-Pramod
Thanks Pramod! Many users were anxiously waiting for this variant!
The quick link for readers who would like to see the Technical specs is
TechnicalSpecs Skoda Auto -
We hope that they will position this variant also as aggressively as they have positioned the Rapid.

Some of the major differences:
Active gets Fabric seats instead of Leather in Ambition and Elegance
4x2 instead of 4x4
No HHC (Hill Hold Control) No ESP (electronic stability perception) No EDL (Electronic diff lock)

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th November 2011 at 14:08.
Old 17th November 2011, 14:02   #366
BHPian

a 11 L ex show room Bangalore Yeti, is a steal! I will buy!
Old 17th November 2011, 14:04   #367
Senior - BHPian

Just noticed another thing -

Looks like the 110 bhp version is going to be available in Ambition variant also. Take a look at the following screenshot on the brake assist feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures-untitled1.jpg  

bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 14:10   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Sorry, but I don't quite understand the psyche

When we get the fully loaded version, we say that it is too costly@15.xx ex showroom (Me included). Now, when they launch a cheaper version, we say that it defeats the purpose.

In an ideal world, a bottom end Yeti@ 10 lakh and top end @12 lakh will be ideal. But considering the junta preferences, I'll say it is a good move.

ANy idea about the prices? TO, me this needs to be at least 2-3 lakhs cheaper for it to have any chance. Else, the current version is available@13.99 (or maybe lesser) anyway.
Well, I was not complaining about the price. The Yeti is a nice vehicle, and it's all right to have a 2WD version, but I wonder what incremental benefit would it offer for the almost double price that one pays for it over a typical large hatch. Just like a 20L + X Trail makes one ask why the extra money when compared to a 4x4 Yeti.

And the features I mentioned, Sir, would have made it very city- friendly- power-fold mirrors and parking sensors are very important convenience features in city driving, do you get me?
Old 17th November 2011, 14:14   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It still says 2L D? Should it not be the 1.6L Diesel?
The one that services Vento/Rapid?
Nope the 1.6L diesel is 105PS whereas the 2.0L is 110PS and 140PS. In the Laura you get 140PS with DSG and 110PS with manual transmission.

Same thing with the Yeti I guess. 2L 110PS for 2WD manual and 2L 140PS for AWD.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 14:29   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP PICS : New VW Jetta, Vento 1.4 petrol, and a Yeti spotted testing

Yeti's USP is its smart AWD system and ability to go at places where normal Sedans cannot go. Without AWD Yeti to me sounds pointless, for everything else Laura is a better on road car with adequate ground clearance and under body protection to take care of worst of the roads. Even the new base Jetta with 140hp MT engine is a better car going by my point of view.
Old 17th November 2011, 14:30   #371
BHPian

Re: SCOOP PICS : New VW Jetta, Vento 1.4 petrol, and a Yeti spotted testing

From Features stand-point, difference between 4WD Ambience and 2WD Active is shown below... (these are the ones that will be missing with 2WD Active version. )

HHC (Hill Hold Control)
HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistant)
EDL (Electronic Differential Lock)
ESP (Electronic Stability Programme)
Park Distance Control (No Parktrinocs)
Lumbar support adjustment for driver and front passenger seats
Leather seat upholstery
Automatic front wiper system with rain sensor
Storage compartment under the front passenger seat
Eyewear compartment
Old 17th November 2011, 14:41   #372
BHPian

I have to ask this. How is the 4 X 2 Yeti different from any other Sedan except the slightly higher GC (180 mm)? Yeti has been positioned as a compact SUV, but with the 4 X 2 avatar , would there be any reason to buy it vis-a-vis the other diesel sedans?
cediafan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 14:46   #373
BHPian

Personally I think that Skoda should price it around Rs 9,00,000 to 10,00,000 lakh ex-showroom, and project safety and efficiency. The Yeti should be positioned as a sensible choice for city car that is also comfortable on off beat roads.

Skoda have lost first mover advantage for low cost variant over Tata Aria and Mahindra XUV 500. Mahindra XUV 500, is fully loaded even for 2X4 version. In order to move in large number on the road, Skoda needs to have serious price cuts, while reducing the trim levels but, without compromising the quality.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:28   #374
Senior - BHPian

All the people cribbing about 4x2 version, please look at sales split of SUVs in the country - >85% sales come from 4x2 variant. Even those who buy 4x4 version, rarely go off-roading. People buy SUVs for primarily look, space & high GC.

This is the reason why Yeti failed - no road presence, cramped space (compared to other SUVs). I doubt 4x2 or slashing price is going to help move volumes - Yeti will remain a niche product in India.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:55   #375
BHPian

i just called up Skoda Surat showroom and Skoda south gujarat sales rep. and as per them for now they have launched 2WD in Ambition variant and prices for the same would be uploaded in the system by today evening.
2WD in active version would be launched in January as per South Gujarat sales rep.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks