Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 07:13   #436
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I dont like the all white Yeti. Makes one look slightly "off". The contrasting black bumpers look very nice and I prefer that.
Old 25th February 2012, 21:43   #437
BHPian

Thanks, suhaas, vb-san & sankar, the decision is made, My Yeti will stay the way it is, No painting of bumpers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
EDIT: By the way, I think I've seen your cousin's X5. Is it KL registered? I didn't quite like the look of it. Like I said, large cars painted in one colour don't look that great as it shows how big the car is. Hints and splashes of black help mask the girth and give it a robust look. It is a SUV after all.
Thanks, My cousin is in Cochin, His X5 is a PY registered white one,

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I dont like the all white Yeti. Makes one look slightly "off". The contrasting black bumpers look very nice and I prefer that.
Sankar, Can you advise the contact details of person / shop from where you bought the 3D mats for your Yeti, My bro is in Bangalore and I would like to get one as well..

Regards..
Old 25th February 2012, 23:48   #438
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran
Thanks, suhaas, vb-san & sankar, the decision is made, My Yeti will stay the way it is, No painting of bumpers..

Thanks, My cousin is in Cochin, His X5 is a PY registered white one,

Sankar, Can you advise the contact details of person / shop from where you bought the 3D mats for your Yeti, My bro is in Bangalore and I would like to get one as well..

Regards..
Hot tracks on Victoria Road. They are the sole dealer for 3D Kagu.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:48   #439
BHPian

hi all,
have been a huge fan of yeti since its launch and have been a mute spectator and ardent follower of the yeti threads. i guess i want to go for it a plonk my vit M on a nice SUV.

some niggling doubts: gurus please enlighten!

1. is there a difference in the specs of the elegance after the launch of the 4x2?

2. does anybody on this forum have a yeti wth the nevis wheels. i have been saving up for the elegance?

3. is the yeti at risk of a an upcoming face lift?

4. is it possible to fit a standard size tyre on the space saver disc? in other words what is the width of the space saver disc / wheel?
Old 11th April 2012, 02:22   #440
BHPian

Hi gurus!

I've been waiting for my Jazz for long enough to want to consider all my other options! I'm considering the Skoda Yeti too, as, in the 4x2 avatar, it fits my needs perfectly! An economical engine (diesel, that too), and ample room inside the car as well as below it! I don't really need the 4x4 capability!

Is it really worth going for the Ambiente over the Active?

The dealer in Bangalore I contacted mentioned that the Active is not even available yet! Is that true?

Are there any discounts that can be expected? I am in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
And yes, if this is true, I'd love to take the outgoing model's stock because going for the Yeti for me requires stretching my budget a little too much!!

Thanks!
Old 13th April 2012, 20:35   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
hi all,
have been a huge fan of yeti since its launch and have been a mute spectator and ardent follower of the yeti threads. i guess i want to go for it a plonk my vit M on a nice SUV.

some niggling doubts: gurus please enlighten!

1. is there a difference in the specs of the elegance after the launch of the 4x2?

2. does anybody on this forum have a yeti wth the nevis wheels. i have been saving up for the elegance?

4. is it possible to fit a standard size tyre on the space saver disc? in other words what is the width of the space saver disc / wheel?
Hi Differential,

I can shed some light on your queries, and I am among the early owners of the Yeti on TBHP. You can also refer my ownership thread for my experiences:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...km-driven.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-xuv5oo-4.html

1) No I don't think they have changed the elegance spec much and the it was available earlier only in 4x4. What has changed is that they have replaced the earlier Ambiente spec (this is the one I have) with a lower Ambition spec, which is without Leather seats.

2) Nevis wheels (on the elegance) do look good, but the Moon ones on the Ambition/ Ambiente spec are also quite good!

3) The Yeti is due for a facelift in mid 2013, with a likely change to the new Vision D / Mission L front look and probably a 7 seat variant and a smaller Yeti than the current model (total 3 models) - this may reach India only end of 2013.

4) The Space saver spare wheel is a Steel wheel in 16 Inch size and is fitted with a 195/65 R16 Tyre in the Yeti. It can easily be replaced with a standard 215/60 R16 tyre (the size for the standard tyres of the Yeti), but when you place it in the wheel well, it will lift the spare wheel cover up by around 20mm vs the space saver wheel. (this would only make a very small difference visually.)

The Yeti is a good compact mini SUV for city dwellers and very frugal and efficient. The small size is actually a boon in today's crowded cities and it is capable of going to almost any place, except for extreme mud/ slush!

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 13th April 2012 at 20:41.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 20:38   #442
BANNED

Comments inline in bold alongside the posts:

Quote:
hi all,

1. is there a difference in the specs of the elegance after the launch of the 4x2? NO there is no difference.

2. does anybody on this forum have a yeti wth the nevis wheels. i have been saving up for the elegance? Mine doesnt have Nevis Wheels. Im not sure these are offered on the Elegance as of now.

3. is the yeti at risk of a an upcoming face lift? Not as far as I have heard until now.

4. is it possible to fit a standard size tyre on the space saver disc? in other words what is the width of the space saver disc / wheel? Might find that the full size wheel doesnt fit into the space provided. With tubeless tyres the risk of punctures is anyway mitigated. With the right pressure and careful driving - say 34PSI all round it is mitigated even further. Hence one can easily manage with the normal space saver spare.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adroit_91 View Post
Hi gurus!

I've been waiting for my Jazz for long enough to want to consider all my other options! I'm considering the Skoda Yeti too, as, in the 4x2 avatar, it fits my needs perfectly! An economical engine (diesel, that too), and ample room inside the car as well as below it! I don't really need the 4x4 capability!

Is it really worth going for the Ambiente over the Active? The Ambiente is great value for those who cant or dont want to buy an Elegance.

The dealer in Bangalore I contacted mentioned that the Active is not even available yet! Is that true? Talk to both dealers and push them for correct answers. Else write to the Skoda boys - Behemoth will help you connect with the right guys.

Are there any discounts that can be expected? I am in Bangalore. Yes. Discounts are rife. I believe you can pull off atleast 75K to 1 lac off the price for the 2WD version.

And yes, if this is true, I'd love to take the outgoing model's stock because going for the Yeti for me requires stretching my budget a little too much!!
You wont regret buying a Yeti. I bought one and absolutely love it.

Thanks!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2012, 12:05   #443
BHPian

Can anyone give a link to the latest variants of the Yeti?the website does not mention the ambition variant at all!!

Is 4x2 available across the range or only on the ambition and active trims?
Old 14th April 2012, 19:46   #444
BHPian

Elegance is not available in 4x2 , it's 4x4 only the and the active variant is in 4x2 only and not in 4x4 while ambient is available in both 4x4 and 4x2. The active or the base variant 4x2 is 110 bhp 5 gear variant, while ambient and elegance 4x4 variant are 140 PS , 6 gear. Elegance apart from 4x4 are also loaded with safety feature 6 airbag, front and rear parking sensors and off road button to tune the break and ABS, ESP and TCS software.

-Pramod
Old 15th April 2012, 07:18   #445

Can anybody comment about an automatic transmission for the yeti.
Is ia expected in the near future?
I would greatly prefer an two wheel drive with an auto box.
Old 15th April 2012, 11:32   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda's Yeti takes Britain's Car Crown!

Quote:
Skoda Yeti as the best car in the world. Well, it seems that he was right. Czech car maker’s successful product – the Skoda Yeti – has been voted best car in a Britain in a survey conducted by Auto Express magazine.
The magazine surveyed 30,000 drivers to reach to the conclusion.
And don’t think you can crack those silly Skoda jokes anymore. The second best car in Britain is another gem from Skoda’s portfolio – Skoda Superb. The third place was taken by the Mercedes E Class. And on the fourth place, it was one more Skoda – the Octavia (sold as Laura in India). That’s 3 out of top 4 positions moped up by Skoda. Jaguar’s XF completed the top five, followed by the Nissan Qashqai, Toyota Prius, VW Golf, Nissan X-Trail and Volvo XC60.
http://http://indianautosblog.com/20...car-in-britain
Old 15th April 2012, 14:07   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Can anyone give a link to the latest variants of the Yeti?the website does not mention the ambition variant at all!!

Is 4x2 available across the range or only on the ambition and active trims?
I found this attached pdf on skoda site. Might help you. Dsd has developed s liking for the yeti and we planning to td one tomorrow. Pls advise is it worth going for the 4x4 variant for someone who is going to be using the car 70% in city and 30% on highway. Never going to see the NO ROAD side.

The pdf is 5+ mb and hence unable to attach here. If you look up on skoda site its there.
Skoda Yeti India - Features, Photos and Prices
Old 15th April 2012, 18:12   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I found this attached pdf on skoda site. Might help you.
The pdf is 5+ mb and hence unable to attach here. If you look up on skoda site its there.
Skoda Yeti India - Features, Photos and Prices
Thanks harsh but i am not able to open the pdf-whenever i click on it nothing ever happens!!

I feel you should stick to the 2wd version itself-no point going for 4wd if you are not planning to go off-road.
Old 16th April 2012, 15:26   #449
BANNED

And this is well deserved. Right from that 1st gen Octy at their launch 10 years ago, the Skoda cars in India have always been aspirational - for me anyway. Lovely, feature rich, high quality, solid cars and elegant understated looks!
Glad to own one now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda's Yeti takes Britain's Car Crown!

http://http://indianautosblog.com/20...car-in-britain
Old 17th April 2012, 10:58   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Just came across this video of the theme song of "Satyamev Jayate" which is a new TV show starring Aamir Khan (Starting May 6th) , which is going to start on TV soon.

Well, in this series Aamir Khan is seen driving a Skoda Yeti and a Laura. Seems that Skoda is going for a high profile brand endorsement with Aamir with this series.
Good move by Skoda!

(Request to Mods: If this post is not appropriate for this thread, kindly move to the correct thread. Thanks!)

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 17th April 2012 at 11:08.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks