Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2012, 13:21   #466
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

I think even other models also has discounts. I was offered discounts on both 4X4 variants. As i wasn't interested in 4X2 i never bothered to check it.
Old 18th May 2012, 16:44   #467
BHPian

On Laura TSI they are offering 1 Lakh discount & on Yeti you might as well get similar amount as Yeti sales are not on a higher side. Push them little hard & you can pull off a good deal with some freebies & goodies.
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:11   #468
Distinguished - BHPian

Found an interesting video on Youtube which shows the entire Skoda Yeti production line (in Europe) and how it is made. Quite interesting to watch (in 2 parts: 1st part is Body fabrication, 2nd part is assembly)

The robotic welding, sealing and painting "Ducks" are fun to watch and go about their job with endless precision.

Regards,
Behemoth

Last edited by Behemoth : 22nd May 2012 at 16:22.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2012, 09:35   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeti headed for facelift!

Quote:
A new front fascia looks to be part of the package, complete with larger air inlets and a redesigned grille similar to what we've seen on the Skoda Rapid. Designers have also reworked the small crossover's headlights up front, while the rear now wears new taillamp arrays and and fresh valance.
Quote:
Skoda will put under the hood, though with a range of fresh powerplants behind a number of the company's other models, the manufacturer could easily spruce up the option sheet.

Skoda's popular Yeti headed for a facelift
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 12:51   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Yeti headed for facelift!
I hope they include bluetooth by default this time around. I am flabbergasted that in this day and age, a premium offering (or aspiring to be) can skimp on this essential feature. My definition of a car now reads - Engine + Four wheels + Bluetooth

Skoda should also consider including GPS and xenons.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:04   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

So this is the very reason why they're offering huge discounts on the 2011 models while there are no 2012 Yetis available...
Old 14th June 2012, 18:00   #472
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajblr
Thanks Shankar for the PM. I did close the deal few days back with Vinayak and expecting delivery of Candy White Elegance in few days. I am really thrilled and counting down days!
Very happy to have helped in whatever small way. Enjoy your Yeti!

Ref the facelift I dont see that version coming in here at least until 2013 mid after it launches in the developed world.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 01:44   #473
BHPian

What are winter tyres. Does yeti elegance comes with it? I see this as a feature list under "Personal Comfort setting.
Old 23rd June 2012, 05:42   #474
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
What are winter tyres. Does yeti elegance comes with it? I see this as a feature list under "Personal Comfort setting.
Winter tyres are just that, special tyres whose treads are meant to handle loose and slippery, snowy and icy conditions and which are an option for consumers which in turn is available only abroad. Not here. Here, whichever spec of vehicle one hoes for, one gets the same 4 No's Goodyear Excellence and the Conti Spare tyre.
They have specced the vehicle perfectly as per their lights, bearing in mind the overall general use case scenarios that the Yeti is likely to be put yo in India. Hence these tyres which leave the more enthusiastic fellows amongst us feeling rather displeased. I would have vastly preferred a slightly harder rubber compound with an HT or AT design tread. This ould have helped me o pretty much most places with relative impunity where now I am treading rather softly indeed!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 23rd June 2012 at 05:45.
Old 23rd June 2012, 10:00   #475
BHPian

Thanks shankar. But why does the feature list says winter tyres for elegance. I see on skoda india site.
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:54   #476
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
Thanks shankar. But why does the feature list says winter tyres for elegance. I see on skoda india site.
Correct. It is most probably a typo which must have occurred owing to lack if proof reading when transplanting the page details from their International site to India.
Old 25th June 2012, 20:54   #477
BHPian

folks!!! Relatively new to T-BHP. Have been following this thread for a couple of months and now I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a Yeti 4x4 Elegance. What sort of discounts should I be pushing these guys for?
Old 25th June 2012, 21:32   #478
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorauto
folks!!! Relatively new to T-BHP. Have been following this thread for a couple of months and now I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a Yeti 4x4 Elegance. What sort of discounts should I be pushing these guys for?
Go and talk to Hemanth the GM at Vinayak in Palace Orchards. Mention me and ask for the best he can do. In my current knowledge, you should easily walk off with 1.5 to 1.8 off on your new Yeti Elegance. Maybe more if you ask for an earlier inventory car from 2011.
Connect with the others who are also looking for the same car and go as a group. Always helps. Hemanth looked after me well and I am sure he will see you right.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 25th June 2012 at 21:34.
Old 29th June 2012, 11:05   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi all,
Came across this ad of a second hand Yeti for sale in Mumbai on OLX. People looking for a second hand Yeti in Mumbai might want to check it out.
2011 Skoda Yeti (Parsi Owned) - Mumbai - Cars

Seems to be decently maintained by a Parsi (who love their cars!)

(PS: I don't know this car/ owner and am sharing only for information of people who may be interested!)

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 29th June 2012, 18:02   #480
BANNED

Nice looking second hand. Nice price too. However, lots of Mumbai sellers claim to be selling Parsi Owned. Yes the Parsis love their cars. However, the term is nowadays quite misused and it is quite possible that the owner or seller has not even a remote connection with the community!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks