Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 05:55   #556
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Hello All,

Firstly a big thanks to all members for sharing their experiences. Finally took the plunge and booked myself a Silver Yeti- Ambition 4X4. Managed to get a discount of 2.25 L.

Cheers !!

Faraz
Old 13th July 2012, 09:41   #557
BHPian

Congrats Faraz. Good decision you will not regret the drive .when have you been promised delivery?
Old 13th July 2012, 10:44   #558
BHPian

Great, last 2 months 4-5 Yetis addition on tBhp, I am sure the discount and the recent launch are making people appreciate Yeti more, does this mean if Skoda reduce the current price by 1.5L will it be selling more in market? I believe not, the price drop changes the perception of the people and make them think there is something wrong with the vehicle and that's why price drop, I have not see any vehicle sales picking with price correction!

-Pramod
Old 13th July 2012, 12:02   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Great, last 2 months 4-5 Yetis addition on tBhp, I am sure the discount and the recent launch are making people appreciate Yeti more, does this mean if Skoda reduce the current price by 1.5L will it be selling more in market? I believe not, the price drop changes the perception of the people and make them think there is something wrong with the vehicle and that's why price drop, I have not see any vehicle sales picking with price correction!

-Pramod
Er..the Honda Jazz is a great example of bookings picking up after price corrections
Old 13th July 2012, 12:07   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
There are two showrooms in Gurgaon - Giriraj (near 32nd Milestone) and Jai Auto (DLF city court), but in reality, both are owned by the same company JSB auto, which also has other dealerships in Delhi.
I bought mine from Giriraj and there is a guy called Kaushal Tyagi there who heads corporate sales - you can get in touch with him and give my reference (Sameer Dass). We bought both our Yeti and Laura too through him.

All the best!

Regards,
Behemoth
Thanks a ton - will do. By the way, is your Yeti's number HR26 XXXX-4601? Just a couple of hours after this post yesterday saw the Yeti on the expressway with a TBHP sticker...talk about coincidences...
Old 13th July 2012, 12:14   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
Thanks a ton - will do. By the way, is your Yeti's number HR26 XXXX-4601? Just a couple of hours after this post yesterday saw the Yeti on the expressway with a TBHP sticker...talk about coincidences...
Yup, you spotted me! See you around sometime and why don't you join for our TBHP Gurgaon meets - you can catch the latest developments on:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...thread-47.html

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 13th July 2012, 12:21   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
Hello All,

Firstly a big thanks to all members for sharing their experiences. Finally took the plunge and booked myself a Silver Yeti- Ambition 4X4. Managed to get a discount of 2.25 L.

Cheers !!

Faraz
Hey Faraz, many congratulations. What was the final OTR price in Mumbai?
Old 13th July 2012, 13:27   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300

Hey Faraz, many congratulations. What was the final OTR price in Mumbai?
17.26 along with driveassure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober
Congrats Faraz. Good decision you will not regret the drive .when have you been promised delivery?
Delivery promised within a week. But I am in no hurry. Will probably delay it by a few days. May visit the stockyard to inspect the vehicle either on Saturday or next week.

Any suggestions on which sun film to put on the Yeti ? And costs ? Narrowed down to vkool and Blaupunkt. I understand from google search that vkool interferes with gps signal any insights ?

Regards
Faraz

Last edited by ajmat : 13th July 2012 at 14:33.
Old 13th July 2012, 14:36   #564
vij
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Cheers !!

Faraz
Great discount. Is it 2012 model?
Old 13th July 2012, 14:57   #565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz
Hello All,

Cheers !!

Faraz
The chennai dealer has a 2011 model but only offering 75k off. Other dealers are offering minimum 2L off for 2011 models.
Old 13th July 2012, 15:37   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Cheers !!

Faraz
Congrats Faraz. Thats indeed a good discount. When is teh vehicle arriving?
Old 13th July 2012, 15:47   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz

I understand from google search that vkool interferes with gps signal any insights ?
Yes it does, because it's a metallic film. Personal experience with VK70 on my Laura.

Get 3M's CR70. It's ceramic based and doesn't interfere with GPS.

Congrats and welcome to Skoda family.
Old 13th July 2012, 16:04   #568
BHPian

No. This is a 2011 model.
Old 13th July 2012, 16:12   #569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
17.26 along with driveassure.
Delivery promised within a week. But I am in no hurry. Will probably delay it by a few days. May visit the stockyard to inspect the vehicle either on Saturday or next week.

Any suggestions on which sun film to put on the Yeti ? And costs ? Narrowed down to vkool and Blaupunkt. I understand from google search that vkool interferes with gps signal any insights ?

Regards
Faraz
Congrats! 2.25 discount is very good (pretty much the same I got). regarding sun film, I got CR 70. They are pretty much transparent and do a good job in rejecting UV rays and heat. Will recommend to look for it.

Last edited by iTNerd : 13th July 2012 at 16:14.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:17   #570
BHPian

HI faraz, congrats on your new yeti 4x4 .
from your post i see you are based in mumbai am i right? just to clarify your On road Price is 17.26 (All inclusive Tax,insurance ,extended warranty and drive assure) ???? Am i right?

if thats what you paid its a steal for a 4x4..how did you get such a deal? either your are a fantastic in bargaining or skoda loves you

Most Viewed