Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 17:29   #571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober
HI faraz, congrats on your new yeti 4x4 .
from your post i see you are based in mumbai am i right? just to clarify your On road Price is 17.26 (All inclusive Tax,insurance ,extended warranty and drive assure) ???? Am i right?

if thats what you paid its a steal for a 4x4..how did you get such a deal? either your are a fantastic in bargaining or skoda loves you
Hi
All I did was ask nicely. Keeping my fingers crossed till I inspect the vehicle. Hoping there is no hanky panky in the deal.
Old 13th July 2012, 17:59   #572
vij
BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
The chennai dealer has a 2011 model but only offering 75k off. Other dealers are offering minimum 2L off for 2011 models.
Hyd dealer too is not offering more than 65k on 4x2 skoda yeti Ambiente 2012 models. They dont have any 2011 ones. Says the discounts are from the dealers end and not skodas(who offer 30k) and that they dont need to offer such discounts because they are confident of sales.

Last edited by vij : 13th July 2012 at 18:01.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:03   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
HI faraz, congrats on your new yeti 4x4 .
from your post i see you are based in mumbai am i right? just to clarify your On road Price is 17.26 (All inclusive Tax,insurance ,extended warranty and drive assure) ???? Am i right?

if thats what you paid its a steal for a 4x4..how did you get such a deal? either your are a fantastic in bargaining or skoda loves you
He mentioned its the Ambition 4x4. So, after 2.25 discount, it should be less or about 17L. isn't?
Old 13th July 2012, 18:05   #574
BHPian

I still do not believe the price good for you. looks like ex-showroom price

Are we bangloreans paying so much extra on Taxes..ridiculous.
Old 13th July 2012, 18:08   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
I still do not believe the price good for you. looks like ex-showroom price

Are we bangloreans paying so much extra on Taxes..ridiculous.

OK thanks for the clarification you buying Ambition 4x4. now i am breathing easy . still its a fantastic deal.

goodluck
Old 14th July 2012, 08:22   #576
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz
Hello All,

Firstly a big thanks to all members for sharing their experiences. Finally took the plunge and booked myself a Silver Yeti- Ambition 4X4. Managed to get a discount of 2.25 L.

Cheers !!

Faraz
Congratulations Faraz and wish you all the best!

Personally I am happy that more people around us are beginning to appreciate the Yeti!
Old 14th July 2012, 09:23   #577
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Faraz.

I test drove the yeti yesterday, both the 4x2 and 4x4 and was gobsmacked by the sheer quality and craftsmanship of the interiors, given the price- These interiors would not look out of place on a Q5 that is 2.5 times the price. add to that a lovely drive, and i was really impressed by the Yeti. My wife is totally smitten by this and is pestering me to buy the Yeti.

However, looks are very subjective and though i dont dislike the looks of teh Yeti it just doesnt cut it as an SUV in terms of visual appeal. Hence i did not go in for it.

But as a car, it really is unique and a brilliant set of wheels.

Congrats and happy motoring.

(the Skoda dealers in Delhi are also giving sweet deals on the 4x4- on the 4x2 its only free insurance and corporate discount of 10k)
Old 14th July 2012, 10:40   #578
BHPian

[quote=faraz;2838241]Hello All,

Firstly a big thanks to all members for sharing their experiences. Finally took the plunge and booked myself a Silver Yeti- Ambition 4X4. Managed to get a discount of 2.25 L.

Congrats Faraz, I am also located in Mumbai, can you please tell more about the dealer, I visited all three dealers in mumbai and only one of them had two 2011 cars, one was 4x2 Ambition which I booked and other was 4x4 elegance.

I also got a discount of Rs 2.25L
Old 14th July 2012, 20:22   #579
BHPian

[quote=sagpatel;2839397]
Quote:
Originally Posted by faraz View Post
Hello All,

Congrats Faraz, I am also located in Mumbai, can you please tell more about the dealer, I visited all three dealers in mumbai and only one of them had two 2011 cars, one was 4x2 Ambition which I booked and other was 4x4 elegance.

I also got a discount of Rs 2.25L
Congrats Sagpatel, booked thru Senator Skoda, what about you ? recieved my VIN, going to do the inspection shortly.
Old 14th July 2012, 20:58   #580
BANNED

Discounts Galore on the Yeti!!
Going to check with the local dealer tomorrow for the discounts..Hope I can get a sweet deal like the BHPans Here.
Old 15th July 2012, 01:04   #581
BHPian

Yes i Also booked thru senator. When did you book? I booked on 30th june, it is a silver colored Yeti though i wanted mato brown. He ( vikram solanki) said he only has two 2011 cars left. So i wonder where did he get yours from. How about zero dep insurance he is asking 13k extra for it.how much did ur insirance come out to be?
Old 15th July 2012, 04:47   #582
BHPian

Suddently this thread is abuzz with new Yeti owners! Thanks to Shankar, Behmoth and others for their enlightening posts about the beast. Its truely a unique offering and a VFM at that price point.
Old 15th July 2012, 07:17   #583
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Suddently this thread is abuzz with new Yeti owners! Thanks to Shankar, Behmoth and others for their enlightening posts about the beast. Its truely a unique offering and a VFM at that price point.
Actually it is heartening to see more people appreciating this vehicle for what it is. Me included. I was a cribber as you will see from my earlier posts. But now I am a convert. Yes, while I cribbed that it was expensive for the size etc like most Indians do, I am now glad to say I appreciate it much more than ever. Yes it is VFM given what it offers. I don't want to sound like a mad fanboy but frankly it is a perfect little all round vehicle for a modern urban dweller with an active lifestyle, who also likes buzzing about the countryside.

When I was on holiday in Melbourne in May I went and visited Richmond Skoda and asked one of those fellers there how many Yeti's he had sold. He said not many because it was still quite new in Oz. Indeed, in my three week break in the whole of OZ I only saw one Cappuccino beige Yeti on the road between St Kilda Beach and Crowne Plaza Melb.

A person I know there owns that Superb V6 diesel 4x4 car which is an awesome beast. But I hear from them also that getting spares involves a long ish wait because Skoda itself is quite new in Oz and they have to import many parts from Europe which takes time on account of the distance involved.

I think it will take some time for Skoda to build the big buzz there like it has in Europe and UK.
Old 15th July 2012, 09:35   #584
BHPian

am waiting in the wings to own a Yeti! have already spoken to hemant @ Vinayak.

if Not for the pathetic sales approach of TAFE @ mangalore i.e different quotes on different days, lack of clarity in approach, crazy insurance quotes, threats that if i buy from any other dealer i wouldnt be able to avail service @ their Service Centre in mangalore, it would have been 9 months of Ownership of the Yeti Today ultimately had to Buy a Vento to Meet my Daily commuting requirements

Keeping my Fingers crossed for the Vento liquidation to happen soon so that i can lay my hands on the Candy White Elegance from Vinayak!
Old 15th July 2012, 11:40   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel
Yes i Also booked thru senator. When did you book? I booked on 30th june, it is a silver colored Yeti though i wanted mato brown. He ( vikram solanki) said he only has two 2011 cars left. So i wonder where did he get yours from. How about zero dep insurance he is asking 13k extra for it.how much did ur insirance come out to be?
The availability of 2011 vehicles is limited, was told this was one of last one. Zero dep insurance is an additional 15 k for the 4x4.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks