Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2012, 08:02   #646
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile
On an off note Behemoth, where do you get your Skoda serviced? as I am looking for the most professional Skoda dealer in the NCR. I was quite disappointed by the Faridabad Dealer (Giriraj/Arshia) as the service area was quite messy same as faced by twinoctober in Bangalore. Also suggest some good non-authorised service garage for Skoda around Faridabad.
From what I have heard Fahreinheit at Moti nagar is better than the others. However due to lack of time I end up always going to Giriraj gurgaon.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 09:02   #647
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Yeti : Review, Price & Pictures

Gentlemen,

I'm now really scared of Skoda, after hearing your incidents! Its quite shocking... after spending to the tune of 2M and we're getting a poorly manufactured vehicle. What's the assurance the safety features or any other features are also not poorly manufactured or assembled?

I am seriously thinking of cancelling my Laura purchase and going for something reputed.

Please suggest.
Old 24th July 2012, 09:15   #648
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

With respect Nitin, you have been "fence sitting" for a rather long time.
Since you appear to have the budget why don't you go to the upper level and consider the Beemer and Audi instead of the Skoda?

Better not to buy something if you have even one iota of niggliing doubts in your head, because you will never be happy with it once bought - you will always find something wrong with it somewhere - may be psychological or may be not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Gentlemen,

I'm now really scared of Skoda, after hearing your incidents! Its quite shocking... after spending to the tune of 2M and we're getting a poorly manufactured vehicle. What's the assurance the safety features or any other features are also not poorly manufactured or assembled?

I am seriously thinking of cancelling my Laura purchase and going for something reputed.

Please suggest.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 09:18   #649
BHPian

Nitin, Skoda vehicles are brilliant and don't worry about that. Laura is an awesome car.
I am only concerned like about after sales/service support.

I was only sharing my negative views about the service/workshop (which isn't new anyways) and I am all +++ for the vehicle

please enjoy your Laura.

cheers
Old 24th July 2012, 09:46   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinoctober View Post
Nitin, Skoda vehicles are brilliant and don't worry about that. Laura is an awesome car.
I am only concerned like about after sales/service support.

I was only sharing my negative views about the service/workshop (which isn't new anyways) and I am all +++ for the vehicle

please enjoy your Laura.

cheers
The workshop being in a mess and the poor aftersales service is ofcourse a concern! Did anybody else face any issues so far?

Last edited by nitinbose : 24th July 2012 at 09:50.
Old 24th July 2012, 10:24   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose

The workshop being in a mess and the poor aftersales service is ofcourse a concern! Did anybody else face any issues so far?
hi Nitin
No need to get too worried on this aspect. You would anyway be visting the workshop only once or max twice in a year! And over the past 2 years I have seen improvements in how the company is handling its service network and how its changing for the better, particularly in spares supply lead time and the customer handling. In the past 15 years of car ownership of multiple brands I can tell you that all the companies are not doing well in this area including the Japanese ones. In fact we have had more troubles with Honda and Maruti and even Ford service than we have ever had with Skoda. This area is highly neglected inspite of being a very profitable business.

Regards
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2012, 12:43   #652
Senior - BHPian

The dealer is also offering a bumper-to-bumper insurance for some 16K extra. Is this worth going for? Would the insurance companies really honour this? What would be the cost of replacing the bumper with the sensors? or average dent repair costs?
Old 24th July 2012, 13:02   #653
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer is also offering a bumper-to-bumper insurance for some 16K extra. Is this worth going for? Would the insurance companies really honour this? What would be the cost of replacing the bumper with the sensors? or average dent repair costs?
Yes, would recommend to take this too, as along with the Zero-Dep policy, it ensures that all your unforeseen expenses are covered. However, the amount is generally negotiable across different providers - try to negotiate a better deal with all the other Insurance providers too.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 24th July 2012, 13:13   #654
BHPian

If you Buy the insurance on your own..the dealer will not be able to give the skoda shield (2+2 yrs waranty). this is what the dealer told me.
Yes you can buy your own insurance from second yr onwards as the skoda shield comes with 2+2 yrs warr and 1st yr insurance.
Old 24th July 2012, 14:37   #655
Senior - BHPian

That's true, Skoda shield can only be availed along with the Bajaj Allianz insurance as they seem to have a tie-up.
Old 24th July 2012, 15:08   #656
BHPian

Quote:
That's true, Skoda shield can only be availed along with the Bajaj Allianz insurance as they seem to have a tie-up.
No that's not true. My skoda shield comes with ICICI insurance.
Old 24th July 2012, 15:37   #657
BHPian

Anyone tried blind spot mirror on yeti. The side view mirror coverage is too amsll for my linking and was contemplating on the blind spot mirror
Moving Circle Blind Spot Mirror | eBay

The question is whether it will affect the day night OVRM in negative way (any damage) since it will be like stick on?
Old 24th July 2012, 21:30   #658
BHPian

Skoda hikes car prices by upto 1.8 percent.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/15123961.cms

Glad to be on the other side of the fence.
Old 25th July 2012, 00:14   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
No that's not true. My skoda shield comes with ICICI insurance.
I do not know about specific Skoda plans, but dealers in general love to scare, and even to lie, about things like insurance.

A very pretty and charming young lady in a VW showroom told me that it was compulsory to buy insurance from the dealer. I told her what I thought of her statement, and she stopped being charming --- and I bought the insurance from someone else.
Old 25th July 2012, 01:09   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom
I do not know about specific Skoda plans, but dealers in general love to scare, and even to lie, about things like insurance.

A very pretty and charming young lady in a VW showroom told me that it was compulsory to buy insurance from the dealer. I told her what I thought of her statement, and she stopped being charming --- and I bought the insurance from someone else.
Have had this experience too. Very common with premium brands. Since people usually tend to spend money without thinking twice. One needs to always check out the available options in the market. I got quotes a higher price for my insurance after which i chose to do it online at a better price. But other customers end up paying whatever showrooms ask of them. Especially ones with easy money eager to gain some status and respect.

Most Viewed